• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

t96

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

3 minutes ago, Puresteel55 said:

How about trading our 1st for Purdy or Lance if (a big if) one becomes available. Having either of them along with Corral would be a plus as I see it.

Not a chance in hell. Purdy has a tiny sample size in an elite offense, he may not even be that good. Nick Foles and others have had similar stretches of even better play than him. Lance hasn't shown enough in the NFL yet to be worth even a 2nd. I'd trade a 3rd for him but not any more, certainly not 9th overall

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Not a chance in hell. Purdy has a tiny sample size in an elite offense, he may not even be that good. Nick Foles and others have had similar stretches of even better play than him. Lance hasn't shown enough in the NFL yet to be worth even a 2nd. I'd trade a 3rd for him but not any more, certainly not 9th overall

Same thought applies to those qbs in the draft, maybe 2nd or a 3rd , certainly not 9th overall.

I just don't see Reich picking up a vet at QB except to be be a bridge until the rookie QB is ready.

And from everything I am reading about Reich, he tends to like QBs with size so a guy like Bryce Young or a Brock Purdy like QB may be out of question.

Something screams Levis as a guy Reich would like to have.

Reich is a offensive minded head coach with experience in the NFL, experience getting more from lesser quarterbacks, and has little in the way of tangible connections to previous coaching staffs.

He could represent the clean break in a positive direction that many fans were hoping for out of the Matt Rhule era.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

With the hiring of Reich I am pretty sure we have seen the last of the vet signings.  I would bet anything we are taking a qb in the first and let him develop that player. 

Yeah we want him to draft and develop our new QB.  I am sure he wants to opportunity to do the same after his Colts history.

59 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Fitterer will swing for the fences again and bring in some QBs. It actually won't be up to Reich to develop the qb as it will the OC and quarterback coaches who do the actually work.

That’s not always true.