• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

t96

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

Reich's Indy career was ultimately defined by his trend of bringing in retread QBs -- he had Luck 1 year then after he retired during the preseason was stuck with Jacoby Brissett. After that he went out and brought in Rivers, then Wentz then Ryan in back to back to back years. Rivers was ok but overall bringing in these retreads was largely a failure. The Colts under him never invested much in the QB position outside of retreads with Jacob Eason (current Panther...) being the highest QB selected by them in the 4th round in 2020.

Prior to his time as Indy's HC he was the OC for the Eagles when they drafted Wentz high and did help develop him into being on his way to a potential MVP season before Wentz went down with a season ending injury. Foles of course led them to a SB win and performed admirably in that stretch while Wentz' career fizzled out. Fair to question though how much of a hand Pederson had in Wentz' development and Foles' successful stretch.

Outside of that he was QBs coach or OC for the Chargers and Colts who both had established veteran QBs in Rivers and Peyton Manning.

So, based on this track record how do you feel about him being the head coach of a team needing to find a franchise QB? Do you think he will continue to go the retread route with options like Carr, Rodgers potentially available? Will he lead the way in handpicking a QB high in the draft? If we go rookie (or Corral) how do you feel about his ability to develop under Reich?

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I trust that if that was the plan he tried to sell Tepper on then he wouldn't have been the hire. We've been trying that for years with predictable results.

We're talking about Tepper here... You really don't think he could be sold on Reich with Carr or Rodgers? 

• Pie 1

No, but only because it's one of the hardest things to do in all of sports.  I'm guessing that he will try, and I think that he has as good of a chance of getting it done as most out there...but it's just too hard to say I trust him to do it.

Carr, Rodgers, Corral, Draft.

Some type of this mix if I had to guess.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

No, I'm fully expecting a used Carr in 2023

From used car sales man to used carr? 

jokes aside, I’m take the wait and see approach here. Im not mad at the hire, but im not excited. The OC, DC hire as well as who we grab as our future QB will directly effect how excited i am for 2023. But i am by no means mad or disappointed in the hire. 

20 minutes ago, t96 said:

Reich's Indy career was ultimately defined by his trend of bringing in retread QBs -- he had Luck 1 year then after he retired during the preseason was stuck with Jacoby Brissett. After that he went out and brought in Rivers, then Wentz then Ryan in back to back to back years. Rivers was ok but overall bringing in these retreads was largely a failure. The Colts under him never invested much in the QB position outside of retreads with Jacob Eason (current Panther...) being the highest QB selected by them in the 4th round in 2020.

Prior to his time as Indy's HC he was the OC for the Eagles when they drafted Wentz high and did help develop him into being on his way to a potential MVP season before Wentz went down with a season ending injury. Foles of course led them to a SB win and performed admirably in that stretch while Wentz' career fizzled out. Fair to question though how much of a hand Pederson had in Wentz' development and Foles' successful stretch.

Outside of that he was QBs coach or OC for the Chargers and Colts who both had established veteran QBs in Rivers and Peyton Manning.

So, based on this track record how do you feel about him being the head coach of a team needing to find a franchise QB? Do you think he will continue to go the retread route with options like Carr, Rodgers potentially available? Will he lead the way in handpicking a QB high in the draft? If we go rookie (or Corral) how do you feel about his ability to develop under Reich?

Lmk when you realize that was irsay. He also was oc when wentz was drafted. MAYBE work with corral

• Pie 1