• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person on possible coordinator candidates

ncfan

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

A coach has to be with an organization for two years before any comp picks are awarded for being hired by another team. 

Plus if a coach is as good as advertised, a 3rd round pick doesn’t really offset the loss of that coach. We just need the right guy.

• Pie 1

On 1/28/2023 at 6:55 AM, Jon Snow said:

That was a great show. So many characters on there. And the one liners that would be great gifs to use. Especially on those that don't know anything about that show.

The first 3 years were, and still are, some of the best TV ever produced. 3DE072A0-0640-43C7-8E10-857605185023.jpeg.676c1f92cdeb51fb12b28b29b3f4a92b.jpeg

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Plus if a coach is as good as advertised, a 3rd round pick doesn’t really offset the loss of that coach. We just need the right guy.

Two of them helps. If they are good they will be hired away anyhow. 

Since the NFL implemented its diverse rewards policy in 2020, the San Francisco 49ers have been front-runners.

The Niners were awarded five compensation draft picks in the third round for developing Martin Mayhew, Robert Saleh and Mike McDaniel. They’ll receive two more for Ran Carthon and another if DeMeco Ryans becomes a head coach this offseason.

Five other teams have been awarded a total of 10 compensation picks for the rest of the league combined. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

Two of them helps. If they are good they will be hired away anyhow. 

Since the NFL implemented its diverse rewards policy in 2020, the San Francisco 49ers have been front-runners.

The Niners were awarded five compensation draft picks in the third round for developing Martin Mayhew, Robert Saleh and Mike McDaniel. They’ll receive two more for Ran Carthon and another if DeMeco Ryans becomes a head coach this offseason.

Five other teams have been awarded a total of 10 compensation picks for the rest of the league combined. 

Fair enough. It’s all relative because Richards and Johnson are my top choices anyway. How do you feel about the Reich hire?

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Fair enough. It’s all relative because Richards and Johnson are my top choices anyway. How do you feel about the Reich hire?

Hard to say with any certainty, given his situation. I thought highly of him, and the Colts, until they blew their playoff shot last year against a JAX that was going through motions. That was a complete disaster that he has to take some part of the blame. Other than that I think he could do a good job given the chance. Much better than the alternatives that were discussed. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

There’s not a direct connect from Johnson to Reich.

But about that entire staff from the HC, OC, DC, Pass game coordinator etc.  all came from under Reich.

so maybe he could get the inside track here due to the connections to his peers

Jones states in the article that Johnson might be waiting to see if Shane Steichen gets a head coaching job, either so he can follow him to his new destination or follow in his footsteps as Eagles OC.

It's speculation, but reasonable speculation.

• Beer 2

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

There’s not a direct connect from Johnson to Reich.

But about that entire staff from the HC, OC, DC, Pass game coordinator etc.  all came from under Reich.

so maybe he could get the inside track here due to the connections to his peers

I feel like Kevin Patullo from the eagles is a more natural fit with connections, but i'd 100% be going after one of them.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ummm... that's basically what Chancellor was. He basically played a joker type S/LB hybrid role. He spent a LOT of time in the box.

I've always said that if you want to see how Jeremy Chinn should ideally be used, watch Kam Chancellor in Seattle. 

Yeah its basically a glorified LB, Chinn was built in the lab for that position and its one of the reasons Gus would excite me.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Yeah its basically a glorified LB, Chinn was built in the lab for that position and its one of the reasons Gus would excite me.

Chancellor was a helluva player but Chinn is way more athletic than he was. Honestly, Chinn could be a BETTER version of Kam Chancellor but we're just wasting him trying to play him as a deep safety.

I'm really hoping that a big part of Fitt's motivation to find a true deep safety is freeing Chinn up to do what he does best.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ummm... that's basically what Chancellor was. He basically played a joker type S/LB hybrid role. He spent a LOT of time in the box.

I've always said that if you want to see how Jeremy Chinn should ideally be used, watch Kam Chancellor in Seattle. 

image.thumb.png.3578ed8bf089ee5f5802e2826c1a0d93.png

Kam was a cornerback when he first got to Virginia Tech then converted to safety. He was able to play deep thirds and run with receivers. Chinn is best in the box and flats, covering underneath zones and matching with backs and tight ends best. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jones states in the article that Johnson might be waiting to see if Shane Steichen gets a head coaching job, either so he can follow him to his new destination or follow in his footsteps as Eagles OC.

It's speculation, but reasonable speculation.

Gannon may get a HC job as well. Johnson could go with him.

5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/2c732b875a9c937cb45b8f16c1ada27d3c0c9096f3c0e023cb2e326cb3cf3c3c/1280/https://www.carolinahuddle.com/uploads/monthly_2023_01/image.thumb.png.3578ed8bf089ee5f5802e2826c1a0d93.png

Kam was a cornerback when he first got to Virginia Tech then converted to safety. He was able to play deep thirds and run with receivers. Chinn is best in the box and flats, covering underneath zones and matching with backs and tight ends best. 

Chinn can do it too. But just like Chancellor it should not be his primary role. It's a wrinkle in the defense not the base.

Jeremy Chin is the far superior athlete.

Chancellor:

Screenshot_20230129-112135.thumb.png.8899173e8c9df1561faaabb3de6210d2.png

Screenshot_20230129-112201.thumb.png.4bb5daebfd8d5d8ff0ede0d132bc3881.png

Chinn CAN play as a primary deep safety. It's not his best suited role but he can do it. 

• Beer 2