• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person on possible coordinator candidates

ncfan

19 minutes ago, Jesse said:

image.thumb.png.3578ed8bf089ee5f5802e2826c1a0d93.png

Kam was a cornerback when he first got to Virginia Tech then converted to safety. He was able to play deep thirds and run with receivers. Chinn is best in the box and flats, covering underneath zones and matching with backs and tight ends best. 

He had sort of a Chinn like start where they played him deep for a while and then Quinn got there in 2013 generally when the "Legion of Boom" started and he started playing the majority of his snaps in the box.  He could play deep safety and Chinn can play deep safety but where they are best ended up being in the box.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

No way. Chinn has shown he can't match up 1 on 1 coverage deep down field consistently. He's better for a hybrid linebacker position, closer to the line of scrimmage.

That's why I said use Chinn as the ss(like Kam) that's closer to the line of scrimmage and going out to find the Free Safety(like Earl  Thomas) he wants!  

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 2

My dream pair of coordinators at the moment....Kris Richard and Brian Johnson. 

Richard is smart and aggressive and gets the guys motivated.

Brian Johnson does great with QBs and very well could be the next big thing at OC. He lacks experience, but Reich would be a great mentor for him. ive got a feeling that Anthony Richardson will be the best available option for us at QB and I think with both Johnson and Reich that Richardson could catapult to the next level.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mentioned it elsewhere, but will repeat here that I don't believe "owner's preference" should be any sort of factor in these decisions.

David Tepper needs to keep his dumb ass out of the assistant coach hiring process.

I'm concerned that Dave's experience with Matt Rhule has colored his judgement and not in a good way.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mentioned it elsewhere, but will repeat here that I don't believe "owner's preference" should be any sort of factor in these decisions.

David Tepper needs to keep his dumb ass out of the assistant coach hiring process.

Of course it should will it be a good decision who knows but after shelling out Billions I think he’s entitled to have his opinion. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Couldn’t agree more. I remember Tepper even stating that the head coach gets to make the decisions on his staff, when referring to Wilks firing Snow after Wilks became the interim Coach.

Right now we can only hope it’s just a rumor that doesn’t come to fruition. 

Marquand Manuel would be a very uninspiring hire imo

• Pie 1

I would imagine all of this would be discussed in the interview I doubt Manuel was interviewed off a whim without some thought from Reich. I'm fine with dodging Bradley as he's had more bad years than good as DC and I think most of his name values comes from two great seasons with the Seahawks who had some insane talent as well.

I'd far prefer Richard to Manuel though due to resume. Though i'm not sure what his situation with the Saints is now that his other Co DC got a job with the Falcons.

On 1/27/2023 at 9:20 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be good with those. I'm a little concerned about Johnson's minimal NFL experience but the work he has done is undeniably impressive.

Joe Brady is available.

Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to Brady without Rhule. I think Rhule was the root of all of the problems here considering how Wilks did with a very large interim staff and three different QB's. 

13 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Joe Brady is available.

Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to Brady without Rhule. I think Rhule was the root of all of the problems here considering how Wilks did with a very large interim staff and three different QB's. 

I honestly wouldn't be either but I have no idea if that's something Reich would consider or Tepper would sign off on. I have no clue how he was perceived within the organization.

10 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Joe Brady is available.

I'd actually be okay with this too - with Reich calling the plays.