• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KEY Player Retention under Reich??

bLACKpANTHER

5 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

DE, Ioannidis - Y/N
QB, Darnold - Y/N
C, Bozeman - Y/N
RB, Foreman - Y/N
LS, Jansen - Y/N
K, Pineiro - Y/N

Under Wilks, I would have said all but Ioannidis could get new contracts.. now under Reich it might be different..

Also, reworking Shaq might be done and he might just be cut.. I don't know. What u think?

Ioannidis, TBD

Darnold, N

Bozeman, Y

Foreman, Y

Jansen, Y

Pineiro, Y

9 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

JJ Jansen has been here for 15 years and is still excellent. Why the hell would he be let go?

Simply because he has been here for 15 years. Sooner or later, gonna need a new long snapper. Depending on the contract and how he's viewed. I'm not opposed to him remaining. I just like preparing for longtime Panthers to depart.

35 minutes ago, lightsout said:

Simply because he has been here for 15 years. Sooner or later, gonna need a new long snapper. Depending on the contract and how he's viewed. I'm not opposed to him remaining. I just like preparing for longtime Panthers to depart.

Contract is cheap. He's viewed as one of the league's best. Pretty simple. Rhule drafted a long snapper who couldn't carry Jansen's jockstrap. It's not like he's immediately replaceable. People need to pump the brakes on their urgency in showing the door to players who are generally tougher to replace than they think.

Bozeman is the only one. Shaq has always been a little overrated, and he's getting old. Piñiero? Maybe. Everyone else is take-him-or-leave-him.

"A little better than average" is not the ideal expectation for guys on your roster. We have the type of JAGs that you get in FA at some key positions. Let's raise the floor! 

Edited by top dawg

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not necessarily a key player, but interesting...

Gotta wonder what Reich might be able to get out of some of our lesser guys that Rhule could not.

I suspect that the difference will be stark with Tremble and TMJ. I wouldn't count on it enough to NOT acquire more pass catchers though.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I suspect that the difference will be stark with Tremble and TMJ. I wouldn't count on it enough to NOT acquire more pass catchers though.

I imagine they will improve to being better quality JAGs, which would be an improvement.

Both guys that need to be largely riding the pine as we improve the overall roster.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I imagine they will improve to being better quality JAGs, which would be an improvement.

Both guys that need to be largely riding the pine as we improve the overall roster.

It's just hard to say. Rhule was so awful. That first season gave me a little hope that maybe he was the kind of coach who could turn lemons into lemonade, then after that it was pretty much all unsweetened, tart lemon juice.

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's just hard to say. Rhule was so awful. That first season gave me a little hope that maybe he was the kind of coach who could turn lemons into lemonade, then after that it was pretty much all unsweetened, tart lemon juice.

TMJ got a little better under Wilks because he actually got playing time. Ultimately he played like a 4th or 5th string WR, which would be fine if not for where we drafted him and what we gave up.

He still wasn't very consistent and I don't think he is a guy that will ever blossom into an elite WR. That's one of those "you have it or you don't" kind of traits. 

In the end, we need some dramatic improvements in that WR corps, so drafting  good prospects should definitely be on the table, if not a priority.

• Pie 1