• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KEY Player Retention under Reich??

bLACKpANTHER

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

TMJ got a little better under Wilks because he actually got playing time. Ultimately he played like a 4th or 5th string WR, which would be fine if not for where we drafted him and what we gave up.

He still wasn't very consistent and I don't think he is a guy that will ever blossom into an elite WR. That's one of those "you have it or you don't" kind of traits. 

In the end, we need some dramatic improvements in that WR corps, so drafting  good prospects should definitely be on the table, if not a priority.

I’m not ready to give up on him and Shenult just yet.. Let’s see what they do with real offensive mindset running things..

9 hours ago, WOW!! said:

I’m not ready to give up on him and Shenult just yet.. Let’s see what they do with real offensive mindset running things..

It's not a matter of giving up, you need to ensure you have a good roster. Along with that comes getting better at WR. It can't be DJ Moore and a bunch of guys that occasionally show up. We need another top tier WR.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It's not a matter of giving up, you need to ensure you have a good roster. Along with that comes getting better at WR. It can't be DJ Moore and a bunch of guys that occasionally show up. We need another top tier WR.

I’m not against adding another WR at all.. I’ve been watching a few because we will try this add speed to that position at some point..

• Beer 1

I had been saying for years that we needed a big center, and now we have one. But just because he played well doesn't mean we can't upgrade through the draft and save cap money. Bozeman is good but he lacks athleticism, and this can hurt us when facing a team that has the size and athleticism up front to beat him. Look a the Bengals and Steelers games. Bozeman struggled because although he's big and strong, the quickness firing out of his stance is lacking. They were beating him to the punch and had no problem with his size. He couldn't bully them and then it became who is quicker and more athletic.

What is my point in all of this? Yes I'd like to keep Bozeman, but the draft will have big centers who are better than Bozeman. Upgrading the position is not out of the question. We could certainly use a big center who is more athletic and quicker than Bozeman.