• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KEY Player Retention under Reich??

bLACKpANTHER

DE, Ioannidis - Y/N
QB, Darnold - Y/N
C, Bozeman - Y/N
RB, Foreman - Y/N
LS, Jansen - Y/N
K, Pineiro - Y/N

Under Wilks, I would have said all but Ioannidis could get new contracts.. now under Reich it might be different..

Also, reworking Shaq might be done and he might just be cut.. I don't know. What u think?

5 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

DE, Ioannidis - Y/N
QB, Darnold - Y/N
C, Bozeman - Y/N
RB, Foreman - Y/N
LS, Jansen - Y/N
K, Pineiro - Y/N

Under Wilks, I would have said all but Ioannidis could get new contracts.. now under Reich it might be different..

Also, reworking Shaq might be done and he might just be cut.. I don't know. What u think?

The only one that really matters is Bozeman.

Everybody else is very replaceable.  Maybe Pineiro if they don’t trust Zane.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, RJK said:

I get the feeling he was the loudest in the room for Wilks so we’ll see. 

He could have been.... but I also expect him to be one of the 15 that Tepper/Fitt sat down with about Reich. I golfed with Shaq once at Piper Glenn through a random pairing on an offseason Sunday. 

He is a real good dude, and comes off rational and intelligent. The locker rooom listens to him and he is the type of veteran presence that is worth the 5-10 million per season.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

Bozeman is the only priority from that list. I think they’ll get something done with him

It’s time to say bye to Shaq. We aren’t winning a Super Bowl in 2023 and he’ll be 30 in 2024. Restructuring him and kicking the can down the road makes little to no sense. However, I’m sure the Panthers will restructure him because it’s what they do

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

DE, Ioannidis - Y if the money is reasonable
QB, Darnold - Y if cheap as bridge
C, Bozeman - AFLY (absofuginglutely yes)
RB, Foreman - Y if the money is reasonable
LS, Jansen - Y
K, Pineiro - Y to compete against Gonzalez and let the best man win. Pineiro still needs to prove he can do it under pressure.  

29 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

DE, Ioannidis - Y/N
QB, Darnold - Y/N
C, Bozeman - Y/N
RB, Foreman - Y/N
LS, Jansen - Y/N
K, Pineiro - Y/N

Bozeman, Jansen, Piniero, Darnold in that order. Shaq depending on whether he can or is willing to rework his contract. I’d only keep Foreman if the deal is reasonable - a RB that’s still young but starting to show wear. Not sure if I’d keep Ioannidis beyond vet minimum due to age and injuries. 

11 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

DE, Ioannidis - Y if the money is reasonable
QB, Darnold - Y if cheap as bridge
C, Bozeman - AFLY (absofuginglutely yes)
RB, Foreman - Y if the money is reasonable
LS, Jansen - Y
K, Pineiro - Y to compete against Gonzalez and let the best man win. Pineiro still needs to prove he can do it under pressure.  

Gonzalez has sustained non-contact injuries that has landed him on IR the past two seasons. That’s a concern to me. If anything, we should bring in another K to compete with Piniero. He’s been solid since the debacle in ATL. JMO

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I don't understand what some people expect out of a kicker. He only led the league in PAT percentage last year, and only missed two field goals. Perfect from 50+ yards. So let's focus on only those two kicks versus the 95% of other kicks, right we should get rid of him ASAP!

To act like every single field goal in the NFL isn't high pressure is ridiculous. Eddie has proved he can do this job well and I guarantee you if we let him go Dallas would be happy to sign him same day.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1