• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KEY Player Retention under Reich??

bLACKpANTHER

Bozeman is the only absolute certainty needing to be re-signed, regardless of the offensive scheme we're bringing in.  The rest, I think we can figure it out with coaching identifying the fits that are out there.

Would think Shaq on a discount would be dope, but we'll see.  He'll be a decent/slightly above-avg LB on his 3rd contract, it's not going to be as much as his last one (by any means), but we'll have to see what type of defense we're building and if he fits.  

40 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

I don't understand what some people expect out of a kicker. He only led the league in PAT percentage last year, and only missed two field goals. Perfect from 50+ yards. So let's focus on only those two kicks versus the 95% of other kicks, right we should get rid of him ASAP!

To act like every single field goal in the NFL isn't high pressure is ridiculous. Eddie has proved he can do this job well and I guarantee you if we let him go Dallas would be happy to sign him same day.

I expect him to hit a 30 yard field goal with the game on the line. That should be 100%. Top % in PATs impresses me a lot less than 0% fig in pressure situations, and no not all kicks are pressure situations. A fg in the second quarter is a lot less critical than 10s left in the game down by 1. 

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Does it make anyone else sad when this is our list of “key” FAs. Bozeman is fine to target but there’s not one person that couldn’t be replaced with a little effort, like just a bit better than thinking Darnold, Mayfield, Erving and Elflein could turn it around. Stay off the scrap heap and you can replace them all in the draft or FA.

Bozeman could not be replaced with a little effort. He is a great C and it would be foolish to let him go. First good C we’ve had since Kalil, we finally have a very good OL for the first time in about 11 years and we can’t lose the central piece. 

I'd rather us move away from Foreman.  Maybe circle back to him after the draft if he's still available.  But while he did a good job for us last year and was a driving force on a bad offense, he is at the end of the day replaceable.  I'd rather us wait and see how everything else plays out for us.  I wouldn't be against taking a RB with one of our picks in the 2nd and 3rd.  Someone dynamic that can help out our rookie QB early.  Plus I think Reich would prefer someone more dynamic out of the backfield anyway.  

Let Ionnadis walk

Definitely bring back Bozeman at a reasonable price.  We need continuity on the OL.