• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich interview w/ Balboni

B_Eazi

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Actually I came away with Young from that description.  He’s small but a tough MF.  He’s stayed in calm while taking some big hits (see Tennessee game)

a playmaker,  the way he’s used his legs is like a gamer.

and one of the best pure decision makers to come out in a while.

which hit all his points.  He’s just small.

Exactly. Which coincidentally may make him fall in the draft. 

Think Sesame Street GIF

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remember Daboll with the Giants last year decided rather than just hiring people he knew, he was going to try to get the best fits for what they wanted to do.

I wonder if Reich might consider a similar approach.

That’s pretty much what he said in the interview 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remember Daboll with the Giants last year decided rather than just hiring people he knew, he was going to try to get the best fits for what they wanted to do.

I wonder if Reich might consider a similar approach.

They've already interviewed a bunch of coordinator candidates from the way it seems and other candidates we don't even know about that weren't announced publicly. Surprised the Panthers were that diligent interviewing assistants before the head coach was even hired. Does make me wonder if Reich was the guy all along....

Probably going to be the best coach we've had. I wasn't excited for him early on because it wasn't a flashy name and I didn't know much about him. The more I have read and heard, the more I'm convinced this was the best hire. He wants to be here unlike the last guy. He wants to hire the best NFL coordinators possible and he knows just about everyone. Unlike the last guy who just brought up his NCAA buddies. I'm pumped. This feels like a homerun and I finally feel like we are going to be moving in the right direction. 

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

His answer on quarterback:

1. Toughness (mental and physical)

2. Decision maker

3. Accurate passer

4. play maker / elevate team in key moments (3rd down, red zone, 2 minute)

5. X factor / leadership

This should provide a rubric for looking at the rookie QB class.

Tanner McKee come on down. 

• Poo 1

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

They've already interviewed a bunch of coordinator candidates from the way it seems and other candidates we don't even know about that weren't announced publicly. Surprised the Panthers were that diligent interviewing assistants before the head coach was even hired. Does make me wonder if Reich was the guy all along....

Well if you believe the reports, at least early on it was Ben Johnson.

Pretty interesting that Reich had already been in contact with (and apparently received answers from) several coaches he's interested in hiring during the interview process.

Said before it might mean the task of filling the staff won't take long, but there would still be external factors like whether assistant's teams were in the playoffs and such.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, trueblade said:

2. Decision maker

3. Accurate passer

5. X factor / leadership

1. I think he’s gonna love Levis and Young on the toughness aspect. Both of those guys have done some pretty good stuff while being banged up. 

2. Big ding to Levis and Richardson here while Young gets a big bump. He should also really like the tape of what Stroud did vs GA. 

3. Young is heads and shoulders above the rest here. 

4.  AR probably gets most of his consideration from this trait. Young and Stroud not far off either. 

5. By all accounts All four of these qbs are solid leaders. 

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

2. Decision maker

3. Accurate passer

5. X factor / leadership

The only one I would say really fits that mold of the top 4 qbs is Young.  Accuracy and decision making are literally the main weaknesses of the next 3 prospects.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

The only one I would say really fits that mold of the top 4 qbs is Young.  Accuracy and decision making are literally the main weaknesses of the next 3 prospects.

You know who that does sound like?  At least as far as the media and everyone else says at least.  The old man Tom Brady.  I do think Reich will want to go with a veteran qb and I think at some point in the offseason Brady to carolina may get a little buzz at least.  I dont know how I feel about it though.

• Poo 1

Happy Youtube GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Let's go! My 2nd choice is here! Former Panther who threw the first touchdown in franchise history...

Jim Carey Reaction GIF

He embodies KEEP POUNDING and was there at the start!

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

None of us know how much time we have left with our family which is the most valuable part of life, not jobs, not money, not being a millionaire or a billionaire because most of them would give it all up for their children, I would. I'm so happy his family finally gets to be together again.

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

Now, back to the grind, make the NFCS pay dearly for their insolence.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Thanks. Mr. Scot posted the Sam interview in another thread. It's a great interview that gives you insight on what kind of team he intends to build.

Could someone post the link to that interview? Hard to thumb through all the old threads/posts...

Edited by panthersphan
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, panthersphan said:

Could someone post the link to that interview? Hard to thumb through all the old threads/posts...

It was on the Twitter verse.  You need special clearance to see it. But seriously, it's/they are posted all in the Reich threads multiple time.