• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting the CMC Trade

WarHeel

I still think the Panthers “did well” to get their package of picks from the 49ers, and that puts them in a better position to move up in the 2023 NFL Draft and snag a quarterback.

McCaffrey at that time seemed injury plagued. He had missed 23 of 33 games during the 2020 and 2021 seasons, though he has been healthy this year.

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

C. McCaffrey - 1880 Total Yards, 13 Total TDs, 4.7 yd/att, 8.7 yd/catch, $11.8 Million salary

Travis Etienne - 1441 Total Yards, 5 Total TDs, 5.1 yd/att, 9.0 yd/catch, $1.8 Million Salary

CMC had the better season yes, but Etienne had a good year for 1/6th the cost. Was CMC's season 6x better than Etienne's? I don't think it was.

What is the more cost effective asset here?

Of course CMC is elite. Everyone knows this. But you don't need an elite RB in today's NFL to get 85% of the same output for a fraction of the cost.

Seriously? Etienne is on his rookie contract. Get back to me when he agrees to play for that much when he signs his big boy contract.

20 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

I still think the Panthers “did well” to get their package of picks from the 49ers, and that puts them in a better position to move up in the 2023 NFL Draft and snag a quarterback.

McCaffrey at that time seemed injury plagued. He had missed 23 of 33 games during the 2020 and 2021 seasons, though he has been healthy this year.

You are going to need more than that to move up. You are going to have to cough up the 2024 1st and  maybe 2025 1st as well. Everyone and their mama knows the Panthers need one of the top 3 qb's.  You better believe It will be painful to move up from 9 this year. You better be sure one of those guys are going to pan out. If not it's going to be a while before you have the ammo to take your next shot.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We're a better team with him. He's better than whomever we will draft with the 49ers picks. That's all that needs to be said. But, it's over. He's gone. Life goes on.

I beg to differ we did better without McCaffery.. it forced the coaches to use other pieces available.. we started confusing teams as who was getting the ball besides McCaffery…is what it is !! As Fox would say since we going nostalgic!

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

I beg to differ we did better without McCaffery.. it forced the coaches to use other pieces available.. we started confusing teams as who was getting the ball besides McCaffery…is what it is !! As Fox would say since we going nostalgic!

I said we ARE a better team with him. As in, right now. If we get a QB, with Reich at the helm, plus CMC? Daaaaamn. But again, the ship has sailed. We have two standard power RBs.

20 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You are going to need more than that to move up. You are going to have to cough up the 2024 1st and  maybe 2025 1st as well. Everyone and their mama knows the Panthers need one of the top 3 qb's.  You better believe It will be painful to move up from 9 this year. You better be sure one of those guys are going to pan out. If not it's going to be a while before you have the ammo to take your next shot.

Go get the QB.. There is no reason not to..

2 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Stud RBs will put a side over they should be the last piece added we weren’t in a position to capitalise on him. That’s why I believe the Eagles should add Bijan this upcoming draft seeing the have extra capital 

100%, you can’t put a cherry on top of a sundae that doesn’t exist. 

it pretty much just all comes down to getting a QB and protecting that QB. If you don’t have that no one is going to carry the team for you. 

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

New coach possible new young QB and once again player only fans are stuck glaring into the rear view. Join us in 2023 OP. Otherwise move this thread to the 49ers boards.

Read the whole thread douchehole. I’m a Carolina fan first and foremost. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I said we ARE a better team with him. As in, right now. If we get a QB, with Reich at the helm, plus CMC? Daaaaamn. But again, the ship has sailed. We have two standard power RBs.

You don’t get the QB without CMC trade package..

• Pie 1

Doesn’t matter. This franchise can’t utilize a player like that, completely inept. Better to have the picks while our masterminds figure out how to have a winning season, which may not be for quite a while until Tep takes his hands off. Ironically, just like SanFran.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

Read the whole thread douchehole. I’m a Carolina fan first and foremost. 

Douchehole huh? So which RB do you like in the upcoming draft? Surely there's a good one we can pickup in the 4th round. You know that's what the majority of successful teams do right? They keep drafting them and don't pay them boatloads of money. Sorry this upsets you enough to go around calling someone a douche. Enjoy your evening bub.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Sure you can. We have to give up #9. Not ideal, and I wouldn't do it, but no one wants the 9ers picks.

To get to 1 or 3 (to be in position for stroud or young). you will need to give up 9 39 and probably 1 /2024 and a 3rd 2024 

the CMC trade help you at least keep 60 and 90 to give your young QB some more sexy weapons..