• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Revisiting the CMC Trade

WarHeel

17 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Funny you mention the games we lost because Foreman was stopped by good Run Defenses. Incredible, some of you guys are just this ignorant. Also you named Cinci 2 times?

Like Foreman creating a Running game AFTER CMC leaves isn't the reason we fuging almost got to the playoffs? How do you think Sam got to be productive? The passing game all of a sudden start working? Do you know the fundamentals of football? The Run game opens up the passing game. 

All of you mad at CMC being gone where the fug were you when he was injured and non existent this whole time? Now that he's fine in SF and with a coach that also knows how to utilize him all of a sudden you wanna cry over the trade. point blank period he wasn't doing jack poo here and that's why he was traded. This coaching staff could not use him correctly. Like for fugs sakes, USE YOUR DAMN BRAINS! smh.

I meant to put the Ravens, accidentally put Cinci twice.

I'm just saying that whole "there isn't much of a drop off from CMC to Foreman" is pretty crazy and apparently is what most of the huddle thinks. We completely misused CMC pretty much every year he was with us and when he goes to a SF team that has a competent staff puts up monster numbers without being forcefed the ball every play.

I understand the run games opens up the pass game. I'm saying that even when the run game was dogshit like the Bucs game, Sam still managed to keep us in the game - which is something neither Baker nor PJ could do. When Foreman had dominant games, he wasn't getting touched until he was minimum 4-5 yards past the line of scrimmage. That's how a JAG RB like Hubbard can get 70+ rushing yards on like 12 carries.

The only reason CMC was injured the previous season is because we tried to rush him back from the (can't remember if it was hammy or calf) injury before he was 100% and he kept reaggravating it over the season. Outside of that, the dude has only been injured the season before despite the ridiculous amount of touches he got with us and Stanford.

And yes, I hated the trade. I knew SF was going to be at the very worst a divisional round loser and those picks would be late round draft picks. Those picks are not going to be worth anything close to CMC's value and honestly think the only purpose we took that bad trade was for a salary dump. But apparently because our retard coaching staff has no clue how to use CMC, it's a good trade in our minds because Foreman > CMC...

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

All those fun stats you threw out added up to a whopping 7 points. He's right. In today's NFL you aren't going anywhere without an efficient passing offense. RB's are pretty easily replaceable and we absolutely made the correct decision. Having a good offensive line is the key to everything. A good line makes most any RB serviceable without having to dump a ton of money into the position 

Ask Aaron Rodgers how things in the modern NFL go when you lose all the talent around you. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, WarHeel said:

A classic example of correlation not alway meaning causation.

Wholeheartedly disagree.  Instead of forcing the ball to him the coaches and coordinators had to actually get creative and start scheming people open.  It reminds me greatly of Cam's MVP season when his security blanket, Queen Latifah, got injured in camp.  Cam was a whole new player.  Saw the field better, changed the plays at the line, looked for the open man instead of the best athlete, etc...

2 hours ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Wholeheartedly disagree.  Instead of forcing the ball to him the coaches and coordinators had to actually get creative and start scheming people open.  It reminds me greatly of Cam's MVP season when his security blanket, Queen Latifah, got injured in camp.  Cam was a whole new player.  Saw the field better, changed the plays at the line, looked for the open man instead of the best athlete, etc...

We were still strongly one dimensional being a run first team with showed in at least 3 games to close out the season when Hubbard and Foreman decided to take a nap. 

Disagree all you want but he would have likely helped lead the 49ers to a SB with a 7th round QB had the entire QB roster not fallen apart. Because they  knew how to utilize him.

18 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

CMC requires an offense to be built around him.  While he is fun and exciting to watch, his career proves that the only way he wins anything is along side a great QB.   In which case, I'd rather the QB.

Congrats. You just described every player in the history of ever. 

• Beer 1

CMC was probably miserable on the Panthers. It's no surprise he stayed healthy playing for the 49ers who had a legit shot at a Superbowl this season. Depending on what the 49ers do at QB they might be the favorite for a title next season. It is still a good trade for both sides.

29 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

CMC requires an offense to be built around him.  While he is fun and exciting to watch, his career proves that the only way he wins anything is along side a great QB.   In which case, I'd rather the QB.

First of all, I'm sure there isn't a single person that wouldn't rather have a great QB than CMC lol.  But besides that, the rest of your argument is odd.  I mean he essentially went 13-0 with Jimmy G and Brock Purdy, until his team's QB situation was so dire that he himself had to play some snaps at QB.  And saying he needs an offense to be built around him again is strange because he was literally inserted into a brand new already-built offense and helped propel his team to 13 straight wins, when they were 3-3 before he arrived.  All his career has proven so far is that he can't put an entire offense on his back and win a game single-handedly if his QB is completely useless, which is a standard that no other skill player is held to.

So you can't really say he needs a "great" QB when he hasn't even played alongside a "good" one.  Is that how you feel about a guy like DJ Moore too?  He needs a "great" QB to win anything?  Cause instead for some reason, DJ typically gets the benefit of the doubt that he could be elite if he had a decent QB throwing him the ball.  But CMC is expected to be able to win in spite of bad QB play.  A QB might have more of a direct impact on a WR's performance, but factoring in indirect impact (i.e. facing stacked boxes), makes both positions fairly equally victimized by poor QB play.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

Congrats. You just described every player in the history of ever. 

No bud.  We are talking about featured players.  Unfortunately to take advantage of CMC's strengths it can really take away from other positions like RB, WR, and TE. He prevents offenses from being multiple in a weird way. It's odd because CMC has a multiple skill set but it seems to be hard for his team's offense to be multiple outside of him individually. This is why I think you saw our running game actually improve.  Our offense improved without him.  While CMC played great yesterday, San Fran's entire offense is ran through CMC, and yet they put up 7 points in the entire game.  I know they don't have a qb.

Now if you are a team that already has a good qb and a good offense and CMC can come in and adapt to an existing offense then that would be great.

Let's say San Fran decides to bring in Rodgers or Brady on a two year deal.  Well good for them.  They will have a two year window at the SB, but that would be true whether CMC was there or not if they did that.

If CMC ever has hope of winning the SB then it will be a matter of role reduction for him in that he will need to adjust to an existing offense, as opposed to him being the centerpiece.

CMC is a consummate professional, and an amazing talent there is no doubt about that. 

He is Robin not Batman is all I'm saying.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Green Bay has great RB's.... They lacked at receiver. Thank you for proving my point.

Doesn’t prove anything. CMC functions as a receiver grossly 30-40% of the time. He has consistently had the best hands on the team. You don’t think Aaron Rodgers would give his left nut for CMC in his stable?

37 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

No bud.  We are talking about featured players.  Unfortunately to take advantage of CMC's strengths it can really take away from other positions like RB, WR, and TE. He prevents offenses from being multiple in a weird way. It's odd because CMC has a multiple skill set but it seems to be hard for his team's offense to be multiple outside of him individually. This is why I think you saw our running game actually improve.  Our offense improved without him.  While CMC played great yesterday, San Fran's entire offense is ran through CMC, and yet they put up 7 points in the entire game.  I know they don't have a qb.

Now if you are a team that already has a good qb and a good offense and CMC can come in and adapt to an existing offense then that would be great.

Let's say San Fran decides to bring in Rodgers or Brady on a two year deal.  Well good for them.  They will have a two year window at the SB, but that would be true whether CMC was there or not if they did that.

If CMC ever has hope of winning the SB then it will be a matter of role reduction for him in that he will need to adjust to an existing offense, as opposed to him being the centerpiece.

CMC is a consummate professional, and an amazing talent there is no doubt about that. 

He is Robin not Batman is all I'm saying.

The only game this happened in for San Fran was yesterdays game which was due to both QBs going down with injury. You look at the 12-13 games before that and CMC was elevating everyone around him. 

If you want confirmation, look at Kittle’s numbers before AND after the CMC trade and get back with me