• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat McAfee and Greg Olsen on Cam Newton

NAS

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jason Peter was worthless.

Rashard Anderson wasn't any better.

And then there's Vernon Butler.

Every one of them was worse than Benjamin.

Not in terms of legacy. Getting Cam injured makes him the worst on field draft choice

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

And even despite that, post-shoudler injury Cam came back and was in MVP talks again (I believe it was 2017?) before the Watt hit finished him off for that season.  What was and what could've been had it not been for Gettleman's dumbass.

Nah that was our last Wildcard appearance..he got us in the playoffs again that year('17). Might have been a different story had both Klay(TD right threw the hands) and Funchess (I lost the ball in the lights) caught their intended redzone passes. Heartbreaking game and the closest I've seen Cam to 2015 Cam since '15. 

I think your talking about the Turner year and Iirc, his completion percentage was better than ever... 63-67%. I think we were 6-2 and it was already early talks of MVP (again) until we met the Steelers. 

I'll never forget the hit. Mostly because I dont remember seeing that happen before. Unless my memory fails me: Cam dropped back and as his arm was going forward TJ Watt leads his helmet into Cam's shoulder and punched it damn near simultaneously. I thought it was illegal but even if it was Cam wasn't getting calls. 

Josh Allen has Dawkins, Cam had Byron Bell and a converted Dlineman. Enough said. 

1 hour ago, ColumbusCounty said:

I think your talking about the Turner year and Iirc, his completion percentage was better than ever... 63-67%. I think we were 6-2 and it was already early talks of MVP (again) until we met the Steelers. 

Josh Allen has Dawkins, Cam had Byron Bell and a converted Dlineman. Enough said. 

And it was night and day after that hit. It was immediately obvious that Cam was a different player. I thought he'd get better, come back the next year, then the damn foot in fuging preseason.

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Gettleman's ultimate legacy was ending the career of the most electric and impactful player in our franchise's history, well before it should've been.  I was just telling a friend about the play he got hurt on making a tackle because of KB's fat sorry ass loafing on that route.  Combine drafting KB's fat ass with him failing to surround Cam with adequate protection, and that was the fast track to the end.

I was telling my friend, honestly, had that play not happened, Cam could have and very well likely would have been able to play with his exact style of play for 10+ years.  His build and body type was able to absorb hits, especially the ones where he was bracing for them on the designed runs and all that...  and that has always stuck with me.  All that time people were worried about his style of play lending itself to injury and it was never even his play that caused the injury.  It was a freak play that should have never happened.  A QB making a tackle because his sorry ass receiver gave up on a route and let it get picked off.  And on top of that, he could've made that tackle 100 times and never gotten hurt on it...  yet, he did.  It sucks and why it's forever fug KB and Gettleman over this way.

And even despite that, post-shoudler injury Cam came back and was in MVP talks again (I believe it was 2017?) before the Watt hit finished him off for that season.  What was and what could've been had it not been for Gettleman's dumbass.

Agreed, fug Dave Gettleman. He used to have a TON of apologists on here and I'm glad that history has shown what a fraud that fat old bitch was. Drafted like total fuging trash. Got worthless brick hands slow WNBA players like KB and Devin Funchess to 'compliment' Cam AND COULD NOT GET A OT TO SAVE HIS LIFE. 

Marty Hurney sucks but I'll take him any day over Gettletrash.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Flames 4

Goddamnit what could have been. We were all robbed of one of the greatest careers in the history of the NFL. Cam is one of the all time greats and should be in the Hall of Fame. If Terrell Davis can get in, so should Cam. All these QBs today doing poor Cam imitations are his sons. One of the all time greatest athletes in his prime in all sports. Going back to his college season at Auburn until 2017 or so he was the fuging man. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2014 Panthers OL may never be topped in team history for awfulness.  I honest to God don't believe we will ever see a worse OL.

Our Week 1 OL was Byron Bell (on the all-time list for bad Panthers starters), Amini Silatolu (on the all-time list for bad Panthers starters), Ryan Kalil (thank you), Fernando Valesco (awful), and Nate Chandler (on the all-time list for bad Panthers starters).

Oh and who can forget the Philly game?  How in the hell did Cam survive that 

How did we make the playoffs LMAO

• Beer 2

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jason Peter was worthless.

Rashard Anderson wasn't any better.

And then there's Vernon Butler.

Every one of them was worse than Benjamin.

Yea but Benjamin lazy route running led to Cam messing his shoulder up. That gives him a special place in 1st round pick he'll imo. 

• Pie 1