• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFC South Division being weak next year could influence trading up for a QB this year?

wesley17

The time is now.

If you feel one of Young, Stroud, or Levis is that guy, then you do whatever it takes to get him.

We can not keep playing around, especially with the rest of the South in need of QBs as well. We can take control of this division for the long haul if we get our guy now.

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

The time is now.

If you feel one of Young, Stroud, or Levis is that guy, then you do whatever it takes to get him.

We can not keep playing around, especially with the rest of the South in need of QBs as well. We can take control of this division for the long haul if we get our guy now.

If they get the right guy. Get the wrong guy and you have to trade players to get that draft capital back to try again. Had they traded Burns they would have had plenty of ammo to trade for a qb this year and still have a first next year. And you have an extra first in 2025 to take another shot next year should you miss this year. But we want to keep Burns instead of prioritizing getting a qb. Man don't get me started.

14 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

If they get the right guy. Get the wrong guy and you have to trade players to get that draft capital back to try again. Had they traded Burns they would have had plenty of ammo to trade for a qb this year and still have a first next year. And you have an extra first in 2025 to take another shot next year should you miss this year. But we want to keep Burns instead of prioritizing getting a qb. Man don't get me started.

Technically every player coming into the league is an unknown, you have no clue what they are going to be. If that player IS an absolute sure thing NOBODY is gonna trade with you period because why would they pass that guy up? QB, LT, DE are the most premium positions in the league so there is always an hesitation about making changes especially if you have nothing far as a replacement. Moving Burns would be a serious blow to our pass rush as there is nobody to pick up his production on a good not great defense. Not saying i would have had a real issue if they moved him, i just understand why they didnt and not for picks on down the road where you have no idea where they will be positioned at.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Technically every player coming into the league is an unknown, you have no clue what they are going to be. If that player IS an absolute sure thing NOBODY is gonna trade with you period because why would they pass that guy up? QB, LT, DE are the most premium positions in the league so there is always an hesitation about making changes especially if you have nothing far as a replacement. Moving Burns would be a serious blow to our pass rush as there is nobody to pick up his production on a good not great defense. Not saying i would have had a real issue if they moved him, i just understand why they didnt and not for picks on down the road where you have no idea where they will be positioned at.

Let's see, over paying for a mediocre DE that you could've gotten a couple of 1st for verses using those picks to go all in to find a franchise qb?  I know which route I'm going. 

A franchise qb is THE most important position on the football ball team. You can try to justify keeping him all you want but every other position is secondary to that until that goal is met.

You can get two 2nd or 3rd round DE's to give you the same sack total combined and be able to stop the run better than Burns instead of tossing top 10 money at that over-hype dude.

Please spare me your 10ft view. Step back and see the forest instead of one or two trees.