• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is starting to get nasty with coach wilks.

ncguy2184

48 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I mean they denied UAE's for years didn't they? Who created the term conspiracy theory?

Just because I don't buy every press release doesn't mean I believe in lizard people.  Mr Scot...thats a crap argument. We are talking about NFL owners and you bring in fuging lizard people. Once again taking something to the extreme.

Trying to reduce me down to Alex Jones for thinking Wilks was mishandled.  Jesus Christ get a grip 

You don't get analogies, do you?

That said, this theory makes about as much sense.

34 minutes ago, MCP said:

The man was given a 12 game tryout, and the resultes were mediocre. Mediocre does not equal Inredible.

The team was abysmal. Taking a team from abysmal worst in the league to average is an outstanding jump. Guy won more games in 12 games then the previous asshat Tepper hired did in 2 years.

4 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

The team was abysmal. Taking a team from abysmal worst in the league to average is an outstanding jump. Guy won more games in 12 games then the previous asshat Tepper hired did in 2 years.

Better than Rhule is not the great accomplishment you are making it out to be.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Hey, man, if you think Wilks is an 11 or 12 game a season coach if he's on a very good team ... cool for you. Let's see if it pans out next time he gets a HC gig.

• Pie 1

As we all know, Tepper and the org was leaning towards an offensive mind over defense. I also feel that if you swap their respective disciplines and put Reich in Carolina this past year at 6-6 with a defensive background, and place Wilks as the offensive mind coming from Indianapolis, we would've hired Wilks. 

That's not to say that there's not some unfortunate biases in play potentially as well as throughout the NFL. 

16 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Bad analogies with bad context are dumb Mr Scot. I've been very respectful of you.  If you don't agree with respectful discourse let me know and I'll flip the switch.

The analogy was pretty accurate with regard to how credible this particular conspiracy theory is.

Hell, you've never even answered how all of this stuff with Reich's daughter is supposed to be relevant when Ben Johnson was the target and different members of the search committee had different preferences (including Fitterer backing Wilks).

Bottom Line: There's zero credible evidence for any of this, but you're treating it like some established fact that you think the Panthers have to answer for.

It's just silly.

28 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I said it elsewhere, I’ll say it here. The team was not abysmal, Rhule was abysmal. Wilks didn’t “take” the team to average, he just held them back less than Rhule. And for what it’s worth the defense got WORSE under Wilks. 

• Pie 1