• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is starting to get nasty with coach wilks.

ncguy2184

This is getting nasty about not hiring wilks for the head coach position everywhere online and on t.v, of course I just seen Shannon Sharpe and skip Bayless going back and forth and skip always brings up the race card he thinks it makes him look "cooler" or something idk but....

If you are a true panthers fan you will know that from the very beginning David Tepper wanted a offensive head coach from the get go! 

So the whole point for this post is, I KNOW deep down the NFL is like the WWE and its all planned out so... I want this to go down so in the next three years or so when it happens everyone knows I was correct that Steve wilks will get hired this year as a defense coordinator and the NFL will make sure his unit is one of the best so the next year he will get hired as a head coach and then the NFL will make sure wilks wins a Superbowl.

So it's a win win for wilks and the NFL. 

Oh yeah and 1 more thing alllll that crap skip Bayless was talking about us not hiring wilks because he's a black man is all B.S and guess what! His "Cowboys" have never had a black head coach ever. 

• Pie 2

I hate to see it going this way with Wilks. Even though Tepper has always his eyes on an offensive guru, if Wilks would have led us to the playoffs he would have job. The Tampa game hurt but I think the Pittsburgh & Cincinnati game did even more damage. We looked totally unprepared for both of those games. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I just don't feel that all these talking heads actually watched our games. There is a problem, and that problem produces a nebulous picture, but I'm not so sure that the problem applies in this particular instance. But, I guess that is kind of the point. Wilks' situation here was almost a fait accompli from the beginning. 

Key asked what more could Wilks have done. How about beat the Bucs?

He should have rolled over safety help on at least one of the Evans TDs instead of leaving him on an island with his 3rd/4th CB.
However he inherited a mess and did a hell of a job cleaning it up. If he was an offensive guy/qb guru I would hope he would have the job. It probably didn’t help that Reich had a list of staff ready to go and Wilks was (allegedly) wanting to keep Holcomb. 

• Pie 6

Just now, gakonline said:

I hate to see it going this way with Wilks. Even though Tepper has always his eyes on an offensive guru, if Wilks would have led us to the playoffs he would have job. The Tampa game hurt but I think the Pittsburgh & Cincinnati game did even more damage. We looked totally unprepared for both of those games. 

They certainly didn't help. I even kind of gave him a pass on the Bengals disaster as he was still getting his feet wet and making the transition (or that's at least how I rationalized it after trying to give him some grace). The Steelers game was where I decided that Wilks just could not out-coach the best in the game. Tomlin beat his ass with his own billy club and took his lunch money. 

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Just don’t give them views. Their job is to make much of nothing. Their job is to speak in outrageous ways to draw you in. 

It’s not real. 

Yep. The Raiders interim got them in the playoffs last year during the Gruden poo show. They didn’t hire him and gave McDaniels (who struggled his first time as HC) another chance. No one in the media cared. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, 4Corners said:

White guy vs black guy arguing about race on TV or radio is proven formula to generate clicks and get people to tune and talk about your content. 

But Skip just piled on instead of giving counterpoints. I just doubt that any of these guys actually watched and analyzed the games, much less the general situation.

• Pie 2

I feel like there were/are a lot of people out there who unfortunately have pegged Coach Wilks as some kind of proxy for every black coach that has been passed over (or screwed over) by an NFL team.

I'll be the first to admit that the NFL has a major diversity problem when it comes to coaching, but not every decision that doesn't go in favor of a minority candidate can be chalked up to prejudice.

In this case it was clear that David Tepper wanted a coach with an offensive background. That put Wilks at a disadvantage from the start, not his race.

We know the hiring trends for the last several years have favored offensive coaches as well. Taking a look around the league it's clear this has been a major contributing factor in the lack of minority HC hires when you consider that out of the 15 minority non-ST coordinators in the league this past season only 3 were on offense.

That number is now just 2 since Byron Leftwich was fired, pending any new hires. If the NFL really wants to do something about the lack of diversity in its head coaching ranks then perhaps figuring out why this is the case is as good a starting point as any.

• Pie 4

The problem is that it looks bad when you hire a white coach who got fired in 2022 with a 3-5 :record and he is hired over a black coach who took a dysfunctional team and produced a 6-6 record which is much better and came within a broken wrist away from taking us to the playoffs. You can hide behind the notion that Tepper wanted an offensive guy  but the expectation that Wilkes has to go to the playoffs versus Reich got fired and immediately gets hired again on the surface surely fuels the discussion there were 2 different standards. Especially given a report from one of our writers that Wilkes had a good plan on offense.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 5
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 14