• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is starting to get nasty with coach wilks.

ncguy2184

2 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

He also fielded a putrid offense this year too.  No offense to Reich.  I understand people want to point his revolving qb situation, but the same could be said for WIlks and our offense improved under him. 

Look at the colts offensive line play this year compared to ours. 

Also, if the offense got better when Rhule left and yet there was the same offensive coordinator before and after, why do we not have an outpouring of support for Ben Mcadoo having a 6-6 record post Rhule  with 3 QBs? Why does that only apply to wilks even though that’s not his side of the ball and his side of the ball was arguably worse?

• Pie 1

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

Do you think Matt Rhule had been contacted by colleges before he was let go of?  Because there were rumors he was going to Nebraska while still on the sideline with us. 

It's possible Reich knew he was done prior to being fired.

The people who were involved in the search process were not all in on Frank Reich. Fitterer supported Wilks. Dan Morgan most likely lobbied for Ken Dorsey. Hell, all the reports early on were that the team wanted Ben Johnson as their top option.

So in order to believe all this silliness, you'd have to say that the team hired Hannah Reich knowing Ben Johnson was going to drop out and planning to hire her father as a fallback.

The more actual facts you look at, the dumber this theory sounds.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I didn't say it was a prerequisital.  I think Reich is a good guy and he doesn't strike me as the type to demand something like that as a condition of employment.  I do think it's possible that the team had a nod nod wink wink agreement much earlier for him to be the coach, and hired her after that.

Do we really think that the Panthers wouldn't have contacted Reich much earlier then the formal interviews?  It wouldn't have broken any tampering rules.  They absolutely spoke to Reich much earlier in the process then they said.  Which is okay, but at least be upfront with Wilks.  That's the part that pisses me off.  Just be honest with the man.

This is where Wilks comes in.  If they had contacted him as you suggested than they weren't really giving Wilks a true look.  Only 2 of Wilks's wins came against winning teams.  Detroit who are an improving team and Seattle that falter down the stretch.  

I think the Panthers waited until the end of the season and decided Wilks would have to have competition for the job.  

Just now, Tarheel119 said:

How do we know they weren’t up front with him? 

Well I hope they were, but based on the attorney's response that doesn't appear to be the case.  If the Panthers are transparent and honest with us about the process and everything looks good, then wonderful.  Crisis averted, hope restored.  Let's see what they say about it on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Well I hope they were, but based on the attorney's response that doesn't appear to be the case.  If the Panthers are transparent and honest with us about the process and everything looks good, then wonderful.  Crisis averted, hope restored.  Let's see what they say about it on Tuesday.

Yeah, the attorney has an agenda.

And I've known enough attorneys to know the vast majority of them are full of sh-t.

• Pie 3

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

Realistically the attorneys had that statement ready to roll in the event that Wilks wasn’t hired. 

• Pie 3

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, the attorney has an agenda.

And I've known enough attorneys to know the vast majority of them are full of sh-t.

Mr Scot we'll just agree to let this conversation rest for now.  We will see what happens in the coming weeks as the truth comes out.  Like I said, if I'm wrong about this I'll be the first to admit it, but let's just see what happens okay?

16 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

I just don’t see how the obvious direction the team looks to be doing just isn’t a fit for Coach Wilkes in any way possible. We look like we’re going all in on a young qb so why not have a coach that can sit there and help him grow?  You hire a defensive coach and even if he finds the right OC for the job that coach could be plucked away the next season. This way you have a stable coach to lead your new expensive investment for a long time presumably. 

And in 3-4 years if Reich retires hopefully he has built a staff that can can be promoted from within the organization. Reich was the right hire.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This is where Wilks comes in.  If they had contacted him as you suggested than they weren't really giving Wilks a true look.  Only 2 of Wilks's wins came against winning teams.  Detroit who are an improving team and Seattle that falter down the stretch.  

I think the Panthers waited until the end of the season and decided Wilks would have to have competition for the job.  

Almost all the teams had better records then us when Wilks took over.

12 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Brady and Payton did this last year with Miami.  Many teams just don't get caught.

Do you really wanna try and sell the theory that everybody had agreed on Frank Reich even before Ben Johnson backed out of the running?

Scott Fitterer, who supported Wilks?

Dan Morgan, who was well acquainted with Ken Dorsey?

And David Tepper, who reportedly was high on Ben Johnson and didn't know Frank Reich from Adam?

If you can't see just how ridiculously dumb this whole theory sounds, I can't help you.

10 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Mr Scot we'll just agree to let this conversation rest for now.  We will see what happens in the coming weeks as the truth comes out.  Like I said, if I'm wrong about this I'll be the first to admit it, but let's just see what happens okay?

You think the "truth' is coming out in the next couple of weeks? From where?

If your answer is via sports talk radio and social media, I've got some bad news for ya.

If your answer is from Steve Wilks' attorneys, I've got some even worse news.

This is just another stupid conspiracy theory that some people are gonna believe regardless of the facts. There's not gonna be some bombshell report where everybody blows the lid off what really happened because what really happened is likely already known, and not the least bit exciting or conspiratorial.

The team chose Reich over Wilks after giving Wilks a fair shot and looking over numerous options.

That's it. The shadow conspiracy talk is just silly.

Let it go.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

28 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I didn't say it was a prerequisital.  I think Reich is a good guy and he doesn't strike me as the type to demand something like that as a condition of employment.  I do think it's possible that the team had a nod nod wink wink agreement much earlier for him to be the coach, and hired her after that.

Do we really think that the Panthers wouldn't have contacted Reich much earlier then the formal interviews?  It wouldn't have broken any tampering rules.  They absolutely spoke to Reich much earlier in the process then they said.  Which is okay, but at least be upfront with Wilks.  That's the part that pisses me off.  Just be honest with the man.

Up front with Wilks? And say what? We already know who we want but due to NFL rules we need to interview a minority. Say that to a dude already suing a team? Yea sounds real smart. 

The NFL needs to get rid of the dumb rule it causes more harm than good, and they also need to take the blame/lawsuits for the idiocy, not teams conducting meaningless interviews just because they’re required. 

The funny thing is I bet you all I own Tepper may of knew who he wanted but had no clue it would turn into this dumb poo fest because it truly wasn’t based on malice or racism, and he was caught off guard.

The man who hired his wife. Had/has the first transgender cheerleader. Who had Reid on the team. That’s the laughable bullshit world we live in today. People are fuging dumb. 

And this is coming from probably the most vocal Tepper hater on this board. If this gave me more ammo, I’d be all about it. But there simply isn’t anything here.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1