• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is starting to get nasty with coach wilks.

ncguy2184

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're off the deep end with this stuff, dude

Forgive me, I've been relentlessly attacked on this board since yesterday.  I try to be a decent person to other huddlers on here.  I don't make any personal attacks on anyone.  I don't call anyone dumb or crazy on here.  I've been conversing with plenty of you guys on here for years, of which many things we agree upon. We both wanted Navarro a few years ago, back when his personal trainer was a customer of mine.  This is why I'm disappointed with many people on here right now.  I wanted good respectful conversation where we can lay out some stuff to eachother, but I've been personally attacked here all day long, which is fine.  To each their own. But you know I am a long hauler here and an avid Panther fan.  So I don't understand the gaslighting.  I'm not the only person with this point of view.

Edited by TheMaulClaw

If wilks is the man of integrity everyone says he is he’d only be a part of the lawsuit if he felt cheated. Wilks knows he lost the job in Tampa, and to act otherwise tells me tepper made the right hire. Enough excuse makers and finger pointers in charge. 

11 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Forgive me, I've been relentlessly attacked on this board since yesterday.  I try to be a decent person to other huddlers on here.  I don't make any personal attacks on anyone.  I don't call anyone dumb or crazy on here.  I've been conversing with plenty of you guys on here for years, of which many things we agree upon. We both wanted Navarro a few years ago, back when his personal trainer was a customer of mine.  This is why I'm disappointed with many people on here right now.  I wanted good respectful conversation where we can lay out some stuff to eachother, but I've been personally attacked here all day long, which is fine.  To each their own. But you know I am a long hauler here and an avid Panther fan.  So I don't understand the gaslighting.  I'm not the only person with this point of view.

Somebody's got an opinion, starts a thread about it, others don't agree with them.  That's pretty much what has kept the Huddle viable all these years.

I wouldn't get too worked up about this thread.  Who's gonna remember it in a week or two?  Especially once the next tempest in a teapot comes along?  Not many.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 2

Just now, TheMaulClaw said:

Forgive me, I've been relentlessly attacked on this board since yesterday.  I try to be a decent person to other huddlers on here.  I don't make any personal attacks on anyone.  I don't call anyone dumb or crazy on here.  I've been conversing with plenty of you guys on here for years, of which many things we agree upon. We both wanted Navarro a few years ago, back when his personal trainer was a customer of mine.  This is why I'm disappointed with many people on here right now.  I wanted good respectful conversation where we can lay out some stuff to eachother, but I've been personally attacked here all day long, which is fine.  To each their own. But you know I am a long hauler here and an avid Panther fan, but don't gaslight.  I'm not the only person saying what I am saying.

Sorry dude, but you're being attacked not for personal reasons, but because this argument is ridiculous. There are enough holes in this theory to make Swiss cheese jealous.

Frank Reich didn't conspire with the Panthers. Hell, pretty much everybody who knows Reich would tell you he's one of the most honorable men in the NFL.

Reich would never be party to screwing over another coach. And suggesting his daughter's hire was part of some covert plan is just utterly ridiculous.

If you're upset about being attacked, drop this silly argument.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sorry dude, but you're being attacked not for personal reasons, but because this argument is ridiculous. There are enough holes in this theory to make Swiss cheese jealous.

Frank Reich didn't conspire with the Panthers. Hell, pretty much everybody who knows Reich would tell you he's one of the most honorable men in the NFL.

Reich would never be party to screwing over another coach. And suggesting his daughter's hire was part of some covert plan is just utterly ridiculous.

If you're upset about being attacked, drop this silly argument.

but his daughter got a job with the panthers.................

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

22 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

It could become an issue, but it would be the weakest argument ever. I believe it’s been shared that she placed the application with the team before he was even fired in Indy. Plus, this is not in Reich’s character. Whether you feel he’s a great coach or not, he is known to be a man of integrity and faith. 

So this is the attorney’s argument: The Panthers were racially motivated so much that they appointed you interim coach and allowed you to fire coaches and instill your “brand” on the team. They made no promises on whether you would get the full time gig and had a legitimate process to which you were a finalist for. However, you were screwed out of the job. 

It just makes no sense to me. However, he’s going to do what he’s going to do. 

29 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

It's Florio, dude. Sh-t stirring is his business. Hell, he spent years trying to get presumed top picks to sit out their senior seasons.

Yet even he only states that it's something they might want to explore. And that there will be emails and documents and such to show internal communication.

My guess? He knows this is bullsh-t. But hey, anything for clicks, right?

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's Florio, dude. Sh-t stirring is his business. Hell, he spent years trying to get presumed top picks to sit out their senior seasons.

Yet even he only states that it's something they might want to explore. And that there will be emails and documents and such to show internal communication.

My guess? He knows this is bullsh-t. But hey, anything for clicks, right?

We will see. Let's hope.

7 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Reich's last game they lost 26 to 3 to the Patriots. The team had 121 total yards.  They lost 17 to 16 to the Commanders. They were 3-5-1 and in the bottom 5 in offense and that's with Matt Ryan.  

Now Matt Ryan is washed but he is better then anything we had in the last 3 years.

You guys act like he is the second coming.

Ron Rivera was 76-67-1 and went to a superbowl....would he be a good hire? Would you want him back? Because by every metric he is a better and more accomplished coach then Reich. 

By any metric Reich's failures this year was worse then Wilks. 

Now you guys can live in the past and say Reich was great when he had a great QB....well no fugging shiit.

All coaches are great with a great QB.  But I get it...he did great 2 seasons ago so statistically he must be a better coach then a guy performing better then him today.

Nope because Ron is a defensive coach and just like Wilks, despite the "Riverboat Ron" nickname, plays and has played too conservatively in key moments of games. This has been a common thing in this team's history and one of the major reasons why Tepper would want to try and see what an offensive minded coach can do for us. Again, Wilks had a chance but playing conservatively hurt his chances and is a reason why Tepper would possibly prefer to go with Reich over him.