• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: CJ Stroud is reportedly the “apple” of the Carolina Panthers’ eye at the moment.

Plenty of time to see what happens. I don't see us giving away a ton of picks until close to the draft.  Truth is if we weren't willing to give up many picks for Payton and he would have a profound effect on the team, I wonder how much we would give up to get to 1. I am looking forward to free agency and to see where Corral is in his rehab.

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Yeah... nah.

The track record of Ohio State QBs in the NFL is a long one. And a laughable, lamentable one. And even if we just narrow it down to recent times they've produced Justin Fields, Troy Smith and Dwayne Haskins -- two complete busts and one guy the Bears are talking up in hopes of trading him to some sucker team.

Let's move on.

Troy Smith was 15 years ago and he was a 5th rounder lmfao

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Troy Smith was 15 years ago and he was a 5th rounder lmfao

Arguments that use where a player went to school against them aren’t worth your time. There’s no less relevant detail to use against someone. Might as well argue that because someone was born on a Wednesday they can’t play football. Ludicrous. 

• Pie 5

9 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Arguments that use where a player went to school against them aren’t worth your time. There’s no less relevant detail to use against someone. Might as well argue that because someone was born on a Wednesday they can’t play football. Ludicrous. 

a college coach named Jeff Tedford  was somewhat of a QB guru among the college ranks. However, after star pupils Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, David Carr, and Kyle Boller all failed to impress in the NFL, a narrative formed that his QB's were bad in the NFL.

His next star pupil was Aaron Rodgers.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1

52 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Amazing seeing people willing to trade multiple firsts and seconds to move up to get our QB and so many people didn’t want to trade Burns.

I would trade Burns in a heartbeat for a franchise QB. We basically could have done that plus had $18-20M a year for a DE replacement. SMH.

Don’t you need both and reality is you trade a off injured highly paid rb to get the picks to make this move.. Sooooo no need to trade a 24 year old pass rusher when you don’t have another..

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Reich tried to acquire Carr for 3 years straight - I think you're all getting your hopes up about trading up for a rookie QB.

I think you’re not reading the room correctly.. Both the team and this coach got burned “multiple” times doing that exact thing.. Why would you waste time getting A Qb developer only to get a 29 year old developed QB?? 1 that has proven already he couldn’t succeed with a abundance of weaponry?? Does that make sense??