• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: CJ Stroud is reportedly the “apple” of the Carolina Panthers’ eye at the moment.

53 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Plenty of time to see what happens. I don't see us giving away a ton of picks until close to the draft.  Truth is if we weren't willing to give up many picks for Payton and he would have a profound effect on the team, I wonder how much we would give up to get to 1. I am looking forward to free agency and to see where Corral is in his rehab.

That wasn’t the only reason we didn’t want Payton.. Picks to a rival, Full control of the roster demands and a 20 million dollar a year salary might also be a issue.. Concerning Payton .. Which it seems is making alot of teams back off..

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I think you’re not reading the room correctly.. Both the team and this coach got burned “multiple” times doing that exact thing.. Why would you waste time getting A Qb developer only to get a 29 year old developed QB?? 1 that has proven already he couldn’t succeed with a abundance of weaponry?? Does that make sense??

32 and has been a highly successful QB in the NFL until McDaniels turned up.

Just now, OldhamA said:

32 and has been a highly successful QB in the NFL until McDaniels turned up.

He hasn’t lead his team past the divisional round .. While having a top level amount of talent surrounding him.. And him being 32 makes this opinion even worse .. Why do some of you keep looking for a band aide for a gunshot wound??

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol, the CMC picks aren’t even worth our 2nd round pick. The 2nd round pick of the Rams was worth more than all of the CMC picks. Acting like the CMC trade, which I was fine with, was to get a QB isn’t based in reality. I think it was a continuation to make up for the Darnold, Mayfield and Corral trades.

Also, yes, you trade the 24 year old pass rusher to get your franchise QB. Burns has been part of 5, 5, 5 and 7 win teams because we had poo for QB. Getting our next Cam is far more important than Burns. You could trade the Rams picks to move up from 9 to 3 and get Stroud (if that’s actually who we want) and use Burns money to sign say a Reddick or Ngakoue or whoever else is available this year or next year since a rookie QB will need a year.

The Rams picks are 2 years down the rode and since you can only trade 3 years worth of picks 1 of them could only be used.. By that time they could have gotten there poo together making those picks late 1st.. Soooo this whole plan of yours wouldn’t have worked .. 

The picks from the CMC deal will be sufficient and we get to keep our young pass rusher..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol, the CMC picks aren’t even worth our 2nd round pick. The 2nd round pick of the Rams was worth more than all of the CMC picks. Acting like the CMC trade, which I was fine with, was to get a QB isn’t based in reality. I think it was a continuation to make up for the Darnold, Mayfield and Corral trades.

Also, yes, you trade the 24 year old pass rusher to get your franchise QB. Burns has been part of 5, 5, 5 and 7 win teams because we had poo for QB. Getting our next Cam is far more important than Burns. You could trade the Rams picks to move up from 9 to 3 and get Stroud (if that’s actually who we want) and use Burns money to sign say a Reddick or Ngakoue or whoever else is available this year or next year since a rookie QB will need a year.

You act like trading Burns somehow ensures us our franchise QB which is false.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1