• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: CJ Stroud is reportedly the “apple” of the Carolina Panthers’ eye at the moment.

8 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Free Agency will show us a lot with QB roulette.  Most think the Lions and Seahawks are going to stick with what they have but you never know.

Ideally the Colts love of Levis is real and we could move up to 5 for Stroud but i'm sure the QB rumors will swap ten times before we get to the draft.

Levis does seem like Irsay's ideal QB, I hope that's how it goes down. Seattle is keeping Geno so they're not desperate, they may wanna swap and take Defense or AR as a project QB

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Levis does seem like Irsay's ideal QB, I hope that's how it goes down. Seattle is keeping Geno so they're not desperate, they may wanna swap and take Defense or AR as a project QB

I honestly have no clue what to expect out of the Colts at QB. Their last two highly drafted QBs were two of the most slam dunk no brainer #1 overall picks in the last quarter of a century. Trevor Lawrence is probably the only other one in the mix.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

This has been an entertaining back and forth.

For the record, I'd trade Burns in a flash if it guaranteed my choice of QB and reduced the price of future picks.

Yes, he's a 24 y.o. pass rusher with all sorts of value today. Then, before the ink is dry on his extension this forum will see him as a 25/26 y.o. millstone on the cap and therefore the team's future.

He'll then be traded for a 5th rounder and this same forum will say good riddance...all while still debating on whether Arch Manning is worth trading up for in the draft because we still somehow have too many holes (again).

Or worse, he has a mediocre season next year, Tepper then balks at his asking price and Chicago pays him what he wants with all their cap room Peppers style. Then he leaves and Carolina has nothing to show for it other than an expanded search for a new DE and QB.

So cynical.

Edited by pantherclaw

This report also originated from a podcast Benjamin Albright was one where he said he thought Steichen was who we were hiring, mere hours before it came out that we weren't even interviewing Steichen again.

I do think Stroud fits what Reich wants as well as anyone, so I can see it though.

14 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

No

This team still has too many holes to give up that many picks to move up for a guy that isn't anything close to a sure thing, particularly with how deep next year's QB class is.  If one of the top 3 falls to us, or if we can move up a couple of picks without giving up our 2nd's this year or 1st next year, then you do that.  

But anything else just isn't worth it with this class, next year should have at least 2 if not 3 QB's who would be rated above any QB in this year's draft, and another couple who would all challenge to be top 10 picks this year.

I'd so much rather fill our holes this year, then next year trade away multiple 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks as needed to move up for a much better QB prospect.

13 hours ago, Skack25 said:

Hard pass on Levis and Richardson.  If we can't get Stroud, just roll with Sam or Corral.

Stroud is the only draftable QB for us in the this draft.  Honestly, I would rather go get someone like Gardenr Minshew as a place holder to battle with Corral for this upcoming season than force a pick, let alone a trade for Levis or AR15.

If we cannot get Stroud for a reasonable price; remember we still need an edge rusher, MLB, TE, and CB, we should trade back in the first and acquire an additional 1st for next year.  If we had two first round picks next year we could easily trade up towards the top of the draft with a Godfather package while having enough cap space to build out our roster holes with Free Agents.

I'm more sold on a group of Caleb Williams or Drake Mayes than I am of Stroud, Young, Levis, Richardson.

Ya know I am beginning to think the people who said we should have kept Rhule until we secured our draft pick instead of firing him as soon as we did may of had a point in hindsight. 
Panthers are gonna need to just bite the bullet no matter the price or, as some said, trade down, get another first round pick and go all in for a QB no matter where we draft next year. 
Whenever we draft a QB it is gonna hurt financially for a while. But hopefully pays off in the long term. 
This division is ripe for the taking if we can solve our QB problem. 

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, WOW!! said:

There was a report we loved Levi’s a few weeks so scratch his name off the list as well.. lmao

No, no, no.  You don't understand how this works.  Once you scratch a new name off the list, the previous name scratched off the list comes back.  So when we scratch off Stroud, Levis comes back.  Next, we will talk about trading up for Young, so he gets scratched off and Stroud comes back. 

The loop gets closed the Tuesday before the draft starts when we talk about wanting Jaek Haener of Fresno State. Then whoever we talked about wanting before that comes back, leaving us with Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson, McKee, Hooker, and having thrown everyone of the scent.....including ourselves.

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Ya know I am beginning to think the people who said we should have kept Rhule until we secured our draft pick instead of firing him as soon as we did may of had a point in hindsight. 
Panthers are gonna need to just bite the bullet no matter the price or, as some said, trade down, get another first round pick and go all in for a QB no matter where we draft next year. 
Whenever we draft a QB it is gonna hurt financially for a while. But hopefully pays off in the long term. 
This division is ripe for the taking if we can solve our QB problem. 

This was my argument. Don't get me wrong, I was relieved when Rhule was fired just because then we knew that terrible was officially going to end but I was saying that once you decided to retain him you might as well see it through and get that top 5 maybe top 3 pick out of it. Bonus points for avoiding the criticism for not hiring Wilks.

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

All these years and almost no one understands this...

Yeah I think a lot of the trade up poo is teams trying to inflate the price because they know that Washington, Carolina, Tampa, New Orleans, Atlanta, Indy, Houston, NYJ, and Tennessee all need QBs and there’s not enough of a QB market for everyone to get somebody.

• Beer 1