• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Championship Game Thread

Shocker

4 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Hassan Reddick has been an absolute beast all year and in this game. Hell, he outplayed Burns when we was over here. Take notes Burns, this is what "taking over a game" looks like.

I'm a Burns fan but I admit that disappearing act he pulled against the Bucs with the division on the line and Brady tearing us up with deep bombs is difficult to defend.

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

Well that brief raging about trading McCaffrey was short lived. Turns out you still need a team around your favorite running back I guess.

He can run for 300 yards and 5 touchdowns in the second half then go for 600 more yards and 8 more scores in the Super Bowl and I still won't be mad about that trade.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen him before.

Not talking specifically about Johnson though so much as how this year's playoffs have seen some crazy comebacks.

Just can't see it from a team down to their 4th string QB. Hell, even with Purdy. He's a game managing caliber QB not a comeback caliber QB. There's levels to this QB thing.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, sad to say the two best players on the field today used to be Panthers.

We paid Donte and Ian $17M+ a year instead of signing Reddick to $15M a year and due to that we couldn’t trade Burns for a giant bounty.

Bradberry too. lol  

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, fjblair said:

LMFAO, yeah the incomplete pass on the first TD never happened.

Coaching 101 with replay. Call a TO to give yourself more time with flag in hand and delay by talking to officials. Challenge play and refs give TO back. If Shanahan's replay team tells him it is a catch, then use the TO to regroup the defense.

The challenge would get called and the review would overturn the catch. Leads to a punt and no score for the Eagles. Shanahan messed up bad on that one.

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

JFC, seriously? The only reason Reddick signed with us was because he knew Rhule and Snow would use him well. I know Rhule sucks but c’mon, how many posts about Temple and Baylors guys did we have and now Reddick a Temple guy didn’t want to play for Rhule and Snow? It’s very possible that knowing Rhule was on the hot seat was the main reason he would t want to sign a longer deal.

JFC YEAHHHHH SERIOUSLY...when he experienced how dysfunctional it was...just because he's a Temple guy is what got him in the door not what kept him around but flame away.

The breaking point was the Miami game when the entire coaching staff was more concerned about their bye week trip then the game. 

Edited by Panthercougar68

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Not taking away from Reddick but the Philly D-line is loaded and there really isn't a way to help the line out with chips and double teams without leaving one of phillys studs open. The have like an absurd amount of sacks on defense as a whole.

Burns doesn't have that luxury. 

I am and will forever be grateful (and have zero regrets) that we got a top-3 all-time LB (possibly top-5 defensive player all time) in Kuechly in 2012, but Fletcher Cox has had himself a HOF career and could grab his second SB this season.  I remember wanting him soooo bad in that draft so it's cool to see him still going strong and leading that defense.

One of the most unheralded D-lineman in the entire league IMO.