• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your unpopular opinion?

Cdparr7

5 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Harris Teeter has the best pizza on a price to size ratio. 

Western bbq slaw beats traditional mayonnaise based slaw.

Tesla’s are crap compared to the new EV’s coming from Europe.

Nuclear is the cleanest, most environmentally friendly technology available for reliable, economical base load generation.  Change my mind.

Kobe-what GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 hours ago, rayzor said:

Probably. At one time we had horses so a lot was pasture type land...nothing that we'd want to hay, but still the horses kept it down. we also had a couple acres of that we replanted in loblolly pines (we had 25 acres of loblolly pines harvested and replanted a few years back) and i wanted to keep the new stands fairly clear of brush. i don't know why. but we also had people come over quite a bit and liked keeping everything looking not too overgrown in the several acres around the house. and if we let things get overgrown where it used to be pasture, we'd see an increase in mice and snakes too close to the house. had both of those come in from time to time (another benefit of not being out in the country is you don't have to hear your wife scream in the middle of the night because she found a snake in the bathroom while she was sitting on the toilet).

i used to like the privacy and space but the isolation got a bit much along with all of the expense in keeping it up and the expense in keeping up the equipment to keep it all up. long driveway = lots of gravel plus tractor to help deal with washout, etc. my kids were excited about being able to order pizza and have it delivered. simple pleasures.

Oh I get it. Believe me I do. 

I've been on both sizes of this. In the city, on 2 acres,  now neither city, nor acres.  At least I'm at the end if a dead end road. 

I think I'd like 10-20 acres. But a an acre has to.be my truck shop and parking.  And I would develop it all.  One definitely needs to have a passion for it. Not for everyone. 

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, bythenbrs said:

Harris Teeter has the best pizza on a price to size ratio. 

Western bbq slaw beats traditional mayonnaise based slaw.

Tesla’s are crap compared to the new EV’s coming from Europe.

Nuclear is the cleanest, most environmentally friendly technology available for reliable, economical base load generation.  Change my mind.

Atomic Explosion Stock Video - Video: 40914133

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Gerry Green said:

Anyone of them? lol

Got it.  In the history of nuclear generation, including all countries globally, how many have produced a fissionable event, such as the mushroom cloud image you posted previously?  I’ll give you a head start; it rhymes with ‘hero’.

1 minute ago, bythenbrs said:

Got it.  In the history of nuclear generation, including all countries globally, how many have produced a fissionable event, such as the mushroom cloud image you posted previously?  I’ll give you a head start; it rhymes with ‘hero’.

lol Dude, you take this way too seriously, 

You must work for Duke Energy. How's their plant doing?

Just now, Gerry Green said:

lol Dude, you take this way too seriously, 

You must work for Duke Energy. How's their plant doing?

Just setting the record straight.  Scarey image happens with nuclear weapons, not actual utility nuclear generation.  

I expected more push back on my claim of the superiority of Harris Teeter pizza.  Go figure.

Carry on.