• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your unpopular opinion?

Cdparr7

30 minutes ago, GOAT said:

tanking does not exist. it's a theory created by fans when they think their team is losing on purpose to get a good draft spot. teams don't tank, these guys all have to play / coach their hardest to earn their checks / contract increases / job security. trading key players for draft picks is not tanking, it's smart financially and helps rebuild the team.

We just need to change the name of the term. ZERO players will ever tank (unless they are gambling). Most coaches will not tank. I'd imagine many owners/GMs would like the team to tank but they can't control that. What we as fans are actually thinking when we say "tank" is that we are 100% ok if the team loses out, and we hope they lose out. We don't actually think/hope they throw a game. So ... we just need to come up with a new name for what we've be calling tanking. IOWL (I'm ok with losing) lol.

• Pie 1

1. Majority of teams have holes, the only one they truly matters is QB, there are plenty of ways to fill in the rest.

2. Should always build out an Offense before a Defense, much easier to find defensive players in free agency once your competing.

3. LBs aren’t a value and we don’t need a top tier one to compete.

4. Most teams are within 2 years max of competing at any point with a competent coach and front office.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

We'd be really good and immediate owners of the NFCS if we picked up Derek Carr in FA. 

I'd rather draft Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, or even Anthony Richardson in the first, but if we don't then get Carr.

I don't want any vet starters at all. A journeyman backup sure. I don't care if it's a second round qb and Corral competing to start. Just start drafting rookies and throw them out there. Please stop wasting money on pricey declining vets. I can't take that anymore. For the love of the Panthers please stop the insanity. 

No No No GIF

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, stan786 said:

1. Majority of teams have holes, the only one they truly matters is QB, there are plenty of ways to fill in the rest.

2. Should always build out an Offense before a Defense, much easier to find defensive players in free agency once your competing.

3. LBs aren’t a value and we don’t need a top tier one to compete.

4. Most teams are within 2 years max of competing at any point with a competent coach and front office.

I’m the biggest believer of Point 1…KC has an elite QB and TE and is very meh everywhere else but the ability to move the ball helps everything. 

There are no perfect rosters 

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, rayzor said:

We'd be really good and immediate owners of the NFCS if we picked up Derek Carr in FA. 

I'd rather draft Bryce Young, CJ Stroud, or even Anthony Richardson in the first, but if we don't then get Carr.

If Carr is released we should be in the mix. And I'd still draft Richardson if he was there at #9.

• Pie 3