• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your unpopular opinion?

Cdparr7

John Fox was more than ready to call it a career here. It was kind of 2 way street. Conversely, Rivera would still be here, until the very end I think, if he was not shown the door.

The franchise needs a make-over. We've been essentially the same team since the start. It's becoming stale, and for no good reason. Everything..uniforms, logo, style of play. We do not have the accomplishments to justify a "timeless" look. 

Related, it took the Falcons about 50 years for back-to-back winning seasons. We seem determined to catch up with them.

Halftime adjustments are a bit of myth. Teams have a game plan each week, and stick to it. There is not sufficient time to make major changes to that plan during the half with everything else that is going on.

• Beer 1

Well, then...

1. For a game winning drive, I'd rather have Delhomme over Newton. 

2. Jettisoning Smitty when we did was ultimately the right call. 

3. Jeff Davidson was not the worst OC we've had. At least he understood the TE position existed.

4. While I loved Brad Hoover, he was a bit overhyped as an actual player.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

1. Cam Newton was a better Quarterback than both Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan

2. DJ Moore is a legitimate number 1 Wide Receiver in the NFL

3. Brian Burns is overrated

4. Shaq Thompson is the most average football player in the league and is grossly overpaid

5. The Jaycee Horn pick was a terrible picks. Surtain, Parsons, and Slater are all better and they should have picked Fields.

6. John Fox is the best coach in franchise history and it is not particularly close

7. Jon Beason helped run Julius Peppers out of town and should have been cut for it

8. DeAngelo Williams should never be allowed in Bank of America Stadium ever again and it was absolutley egregious that he was the Panthers representative when they played over in London.

9. Jonathan Stewart is the best RB in franchise history

10. Both the Josh Norman and Steve Smith moves were the right moves

11. David Gettleman was actually a good GM

12. Julius Peppers is the best player to ever play a majority of his career for the Panthers

13. Steve Wilks would have been a disaster of a hire and should have never been named interim head coach.

14. David Tepper's progress of the Hall of Honor has been nothing short of an embarrassment 

15. The local Charlotte sports media is up there with the worst in the country and the fans of Charlotte are being done a complete disservice. 

16. Fitterer turning down 2 firsts for Burns should have been a fireable decision

im sure there are more, but those are the ones that jump out to me

That's the first I've heard of the Beason story. Can you tell us more about that?

Just now, OneBadCat said:

That's the first I've heard of the Beason story. Can you tell us more about that?

he went on wfnz after a game against the cowboys where i believe it was victor butler who dominated the game. if i remember correctly jared allen was also coming off like a 5 sack performance in another, and beason pretty much called out peppers saying he needed to be more like them. he kept referencing how the vikings big time end was putting up stats and he was planning on talking to peppers about his lack of production.

it was such a stupid thing to say on the radio. best part of it was beason actually ended up never saying anything to peppers. i truly believe that was the final straw and peppers was done with carolina that day.

58 minutes ago, outlaw4 said:

Well, then...

1. For a game winning drive, I'd rather have Delhomme over Newton. 

2. Jettisoning Smitty when we did was ultimately the right call. 

3. Jeff Davidson was not the worst OC we've had. At least he understood the TE position existed.

4. While I loved Brad Hoover, he was a bit overhyped as an actual player.

I love Cam, but number 1 is correct.  Jake had the 2 min offense down pat.

• Pie 1

I'm happy we didn't reach on a QB from 2006-2009 to eventually replace Jake.

There were very few good ones to come out of those drafts and none that we could've even drafted in R1-2.  Flacco would be an exception but he was taken a pick before us. 

Also don't like the narrative that Clausen led us to Cam.  That was more on Matt Moore pulling a Kevin Kolb/Kyle Allen and teasing us he was our future, then flopping terribly.  That saved us from a lot of pain and heartache, and truly led us from the end of Delhomme to Cam.  No "bridge" required.  

A popular opinion: I still can't believe we didn't draft a QB high with Rhule.  It is still mind boggling how poorly he did at trying to build an NFL team.  

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, staffcurtis said:

I love Cam, but number 1 is correct.  Jake had the 2 min offense down pat.

Delhomme had Smitty, Moose, Walls (underrated), and an actual LT during most of his career. Cam only had Smitty and Gross his rookie year. That helps a lot in a GWD.

• Beer 1