• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your unpopular opinion?

Cdparr7

2 hours ago, panther4life said:

This is easy and perhaps the most unpopular opinion ever on here. I have never wavered on this!

Marty Hurney is a better GM than Dave Gettleman:

Crazy as it sounds, I think Marty Hurney might be proven to be a better GM than Fitterer. 

Fit's got some serious issues to clear up. Marty did pay big money to running backs, but Fit paid big money to Robbie Anderson and Ian Thomas... I'm hoping Fit without Rhule makes a better showing.

4 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Crazy as it sounds, I think Marty Hurney might be proven to be a better GM than Fitterer. 

Fit's got some serious issues to clear up. Marty did pay big money to running backs, but Fit paid big money to Robbie Anderson and Ian Thomas... I'm hoping Fit without Rhule makes a better showing.

Very possible. I’m ambivalent on him until we can see what he can do without Rhule. He inherited him as coach and I don’t know how to blame some of the dumb decisions that were made under his tenure, especially since Rhule supposedly had full control. 

If he wants to save his career he needs to go all in on finding a QB in the draft this year. That may be unfair because I honestly haven’t studied any of the QB’s in the draft this year, but without a young talent there this franchise is not going anywhere.

16 hours ago, Doc Holiday said:

Not wrong. Problem on Reddit is it’s more of a discussion about Panthers related news stories than actual Panthers discussion. And if you want panthers breaking news or insider info you can find it here on the huddle, plus we have Mr. Scot. 

I've found that most of the beat writers, reporters, insiders, etc are on Twitter now. I've got a list that I click on every now and then to catch up on Panthers-related news and discussions. As far as discussions... I will politely disagree there. Discussions would require that folks listen to understand rather than listen to respond. 😛

At this point I think that I still click on the Huddle out of a weird addiction or nostalgia. Maybe both? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 hours ago, panther4life said:

Very possible. I’m ambivalent on him until we can see what he can do without Rhule. He inherited him as coach and I don’t know how to blame some of the dumb decisions that were made under his tenure, especially since Rhule supposedly had full control. 

If he wants to save his career he needs to go all in on finding a QB in the draft this year. That may be unfair because I honestly haven’t studied any of the QB’s in the draft this year, but without a young talent there this franchise is not going anywhere.

That QB could be in the draft, could be in free agency, or may be on our team already.

I do hope that Reich gets to really evaluate all of the options. His particular playing and coaching history should give him an exact idea of what the qualities and attributes of a great QB are. He's played with some of the best ever, has been involved in last ditch game winning situations, and has seen both young candidates who can't make it and older players who have hit the wall, as well as born winners.

If we can't find one within a couple of seasons, or hopefully a couple of months, then we're sunk.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Here’s what I like about Fitt (I’m assuming he at least made some decisions too, and not just Rhule).

He does obvious poo. Our offensive line was hot garbage. He went full court press and fixed it in one off-season. 

Our secondary lacked talent. He drafted Horn, signed Bouye, traded for Henderson (hasn’t worked but he took a shot) and traded for Gilmore. 

We don’t have a QB. The players haven’t worked yet, but he’s aggressively attacked the issue. 

I just like how aggressive he is, and how he tries to fix obvious things. 

So many times, Hurney/Gettleman would leave the same gaping holes year after year. 

I feel like a lot of GM’s overthink things and get cute, and try to bandaid the wrong positions and make the “best player available” excuse, which is just opinion anyway. 

Additionally, I like taking draft flyers on dudes who are elite athletes. Fitt seems to like that too. 

No one is perfect, and the pressure is on him now that Rhule is gone, but there are certain things he does that are a breath of fresh air. 

Like every GM, he has to figure QB out and he knows this. You nail it at QB, and the fan base will love you/reputation will come. 

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

Cam newton would have gave teams like the ravens and 49ers a better chance to overcome injuries to there starting qbs than the backups they had on the roster.

Not firing rhule last off-season doomed this season from the start 

every gm we’ve had since hurney has failed to perform significantly better than him 

14 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Cam newton would have gave teams like the ravens and 49ers a better chance to overcome injuries to there starting qbs than the backups they had on the roster.

Not firing rhule last off-season doomed this season from the start 

every gm we’ve had since hurney has failed to perform significantly better than him 

Cam for whatever reason is not viewed as a backup QB around the league.

Kind of sucks he is viewed as a non team player. He absolutely can still be a backup QB in this league. His running ability is still a threat.

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Cam for whatever reason is not viewed as a backup QB around the league.

Kind of sucks he is viewed as a non team player. He absolutely can still be a backup QB in this league. His running ability is still a threat.

Pride or incompetence, but no way im trusting Josh Johnson or huntley to step into a playoff game and win