• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your unpopular opinion?

Cdparr7

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

1. Trade down in the 1st, maybe twice to stack picks

2. Draft a O'Cyrus Torrance later in the 1st (All-Pro type Guard)

3. Draft Dalton Kincaid in the 2nd

4. Draft Zach Charbonnet in the 2nd

5. Draft Eli Ricks in the 3rd

6. Draft Jerrod Clark in the 4th or 5th

7. Re-sign Darnold

We either reach for JAG at QB, or we stack talent where we can and nab our guy once we have everyone, while also having the assets, in place. If we reach for a QB, and have to trade poo to get them again, we are right back where we've been since Cam got hurt. But everytime we trade stuff for a QB, we dig ourselves a deeper and deeper hole.

Give Darnold and Corral a shot with a real coaching staff. Build the best offensive line in the league, draft guys with elite talent in the aforementioned players, and just win baby.

I like it...Clayton Tune in the 4th with your mix would be a heck of a draft.Very sensible and logical approach to the current situation.

Gonna get poo'd to Hell for this one, but someone has to say it:

The team did try to put an OL in front of Cam Newton. Unfortunately, injuries and Marty Hurney (who put the team in cap hell and when he came back after 3 seasons promptly drafted Greg Little) fuged it up.

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, heel31ok said:

I like it...Clayton Tune in the 4th with your mix would be a heck of a draft.Very sensible and logical approach to the current situation.

Tune might be worth it but you have to remember we probably roll with two QB's and a practice squad guy who, right now, is Eason. 

I'd be fine with Jake Haener in the 4th. He's sort of like Heinickie in a lot of ways which isn't a bad thing for a probable back-up.

I really want Torrance though. Watched him at Louisiana. Billy Napier had some DAWGS in Lafayette and an NFL O-Line coach. Ickey, Bozeman, Torrance, and Moton would easily be one of the best lines in the league by 2024. Draft Charbonnet (6'1 225, 4.45 40), draft Kincaid out of Utah, re-sign Darnold, and maybe take Mims or the guy out of Houston in the 3rd and you've got a really, really good core of players on offense. 

I'd like to see how Darnold could do with that.

11 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Unpopular opinion

Carolina will weigh the cost of trading up, but also Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson trades, and I think there is a great chance they pick Rodgers or Jackson trade if it is a similar cost

I would agree if it were only the draft picks involved.  But with Rodhers and Jackson there's also a huge guaranteed contract added on top of the picks. All is not equal. 

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I would agree if it were only the draft picks involved.  But with Rodhers and Jackson there's also a huge guaranteed contract added on top of the picks. All is not equal. 

But you know you are getting a good QB with Rodgers/Jackson, whereas there's a chance Stroud/Young can bust...that would be the tradeoff in terms of similar costs

I have been on the Stroud train for a while, and I hope that's the move, but it would be unsurprising to see the Panthers jumping at Lamar (and Rodgers if he wants to come here) because they can win the division immediately if they make that move...the other 3 teams are bad

Edited by amcoolio

2 hours ago, amcoolio said:

But you know you are getting a good QB with Rodgers/Jackson, whereas there's a chance Stroud/Young can bust...that would be the tradeoff in terms of similar costs

I have been on the Stroud train for a while, and I hope that's the move, but it would be unsurprising to see the Panthers jumping at Lamar (and Rodgers if he wants to come here) because they can win the division immediately if they make that move...the other 3 teams are bad

Pass for me. Would rather draft a rookie and not give up the future to do so.

But I have no control over what the team does. All I can do is guage my hopes on the future by what they do to improve along the way. They have a lot to improve on.

• 3 months later...

Just stopping by to say Bojangles still sucks.

Stopped by this morning for a cajun/egg/cheese biscuit and bo rounds.

Biscuit was dry, cajun filet was overcooked, cheese was old from sitting on the sandwhich too long. Bo rounds was drenched in grease.

Bojangles is a tourist spot you can't convince me otherwise. Parking lot was empty btw.

• Poo 3