• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your unpopular opinion?

Cdparr7

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Wait so you eat hamburgers with no cheese?

This is not normal. Go see a doctor bud.

I'll do a single piece of american cheese on a burger, but really only if it's a bacon cheeseburger to help mask the cheese taste, preferably with BBQ sauce too.  Also will have pizza with it as long as it's not overly cheesy or else I have to take the cheese off and save with tacos, but that has to be even lighter cheese than pizza.

That's really it for me with what I'll eat cheese with/on, used to eat Mac and Cheese every so often but not really even that anymore.

When I was in 1st or 2nd grade I was eating one of those personal pizzas at lunch, part way thru the cheese all fell off, like most kids I just ate all the cheese.  Was too much cheese, gagged on it and threw up all over the lunch table.  For a while after that anything cheesy made me gag (and still do), so I stopped eating it and then completely lost any liking of the taste of it over time.

48 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I'll do a single piece of american cheese on a burger, but really only if it's a bacon cheeseburger to help mask the cheese taste, preferably with BBQ sauce too.  Also will have pizza with it as long as it's not overly cheesy or else I have to take the cheese off and save with tacos, but that has to be even lighter cheese than pizza.

That's really it for me with what I'll eat cheese with/on, used to eat Mac and Cheese every so often but not really even that anymore.

When I was in 1st or 2nd grade I was eating one of those personal pizzas at lunch, part way thru the cheese all fell off, like most kids I just ate all the cheese.  Was too much cheese, gagged on it and threw up all over the lunch table.  For a while after that anything cheesy made me gag (and still do), so I stopped eating it and then completely lost any liking of the taste of it over time.

Yeah some people just can't eat certain foods.

I can't eat turkey burgers for whatever reason. Just never liked the taste of it.

7 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Cheese is terrible

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

My son is the same way. Mind boggling, cheese is an indispensable ingredient for so many things but he can’t stand it when there’s even cheese in the same vicinity as his food. Not lactose intolerant, he likes ice cream, but almost no other dairy products. 

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

Absolutely. Cheese wrecks the taste and texture of a burger and many other foods.

When I was growing up, we didn’t have much and my brother and I used to experiment with ramen noodles. ( I think it was oodles of noodles then)

We used to put craft singles in ours when it was hot and melt it in to try something different. It was absolutely horrible, but the change up was nice. You just had to add enough hot sauce.

53 minutes ago, Icege said:

The team invested in Cam Newton having weapons + an offensive line, but due to injuries (along with a couple of misfires evaluation-wise) those position groups were regular points of concern.

Honestly, what happened to end the Cam Newton era, more than anything else was opposing teams realized that to stop the Panthers, you only had to stop Newton. Somehow, some way, if you could knock Cam out or tie him up for the majority of the game, we had nothing else. Our defense, even led by Luke, could only hold up for so long (the rules make sure that is the case, no matter what).

All those hits Cam took, the all out efforts for jailbreak blitzes while a joker player spied Cam to try and bottle him up, just took their toll on him. Cam was a superstar player and we honestly didn't develop the team and players around him enough to let them take over the game when he would get stuck. 

It's bad coaching and a bad case of lacking leadership to really  create team development. After Cam left, how many people did we develop here on offense that are actually any good? 

We had Christian McCaffrey and well, they did the same with him. We took his abilities as the ultimate Swiss Army knife and let that be our entire offense, just rotating in underperforming QBs, poorly developing an O-line and letting our one decent receiver wither on the vine. 

If you want and need to build a team, then sometimes the worst thing you can pick up is a superstar, especially if coaching is desperate to find a miracle cure for their woes. It's how some of the greatest players of the game were stuck on horrible teams. Barry Sanders is a fine example.

14 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Living in the country > Living in the city.

i spent the last 15 years living about as far out in the country as you could get. down a long dirt/dust/mud road on 40 acres in the middle of nowhere...20 minutes from anything with 8 acres to mow, trees all over the place (that were constantly falling down and needing to be cut up and hauled off, a 2 acre pond that needed trimmed around, no trash pick up so you have to haul your trash to the dump, well water that had a bunch of sediment in it that was nearly impossible to have completely filtered out (plus the constant cleaning and replacing of filters)...yeah i'm living in town now.

less than a minute to the gas station and 2 minutes from the nearest grocery store and under 5 minutes to any place we need to go. i sit out on my font porch when i get home from work and listen to life happening all around me. i've got water that is clean (even if it smells lightly of chlorine) and they come to pick up my trash. i used to have to drive a mile to get my mail. now i can walk out to my mailbox in front of my house in my socks and get the mail. 

oh...and it would take me between about 10 hours a week at least to just mow (using my zero turn) plus another 3-4 hours a week to run the trimmer. now i can get all that done in an hour using an 18" battery powered push mower. 

the only downside is that i could just let my dog run wild everywhere and now she has to be tied out a few times a day, but also i get to take her and my new puppy out for walks around the neighborhood on level sidewalks and get to see people walking by and talk to them. 

just for me and my family...town life >> country life. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i spent the last 15 years living about as far out in the country as you could get. down a long dirt/dust/mud road on 40 acres in the middle of nowhere...20 minutes from anything with 8 acres to mow, trees all over the place (that were constantly falling down and needing to be cut up and hauled off, a 2 acre pond that needed trimmed around, no trash pick up so you have to haul your trash to the dump, well water that had a bunch of sediment in it that was nearly impossible to have completely filtered out (plus the constant cleaning and replacing of filters)...yeah i'm living in town now.

less than a minute to the gas station and 2 minutes from the nearest grocery store and under 5 minutes to any place we need to go. i sit out on my font porch when i get home from work and listen to life happening all around me. i've got water that is clean (even if it smells lightly of chlorine) and they come to pick up my trash. i used to have to drive a mile to get my mail. now i can walk out to my mailbox in front of my house in my socks and get the mail. 

oh...and it would take me between about 10 hours a week at least to just mow (using my zero turn) plus another 3-4 hours a week to run the trimmer. now i can get all that done in an hour using an 18" battery powered push mower. 

the only downside is that i could just let my dog run wild everywhere and now she has to be tied out a few times a day, but also i get to take her and my new puppy out for walks around the neighborhood on level sidewalks and get to see people walking by and talk to them. 

just for me and my family...town life >> country life. 

Went overkill on what ya maintained. 

I'll take country over anything. But then again, I Like my privacy and space. 

Smoked meat...

I have a bunch of buddies that will smoke their meat all day with their different blends of wood chips on their fancy ass, wifi connected BBQ. 

The moment you add BBQ sauce, the hours and hours of smoking is useless.  

Meat smokers is really just an expensive hobby.