• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your unpopular opinion?

Cdparr7

Here's mine:

Little Caesar's is the best chain pizza restaurant simply based on the cost/quality.

I can get a hot and ready Large pepperoni pizza for $7.40, tax included, on the fly, and it is a perfectly fine pizza.

Does it taste better than other chain pizzas? Not necessarily. Are Dominos or Papa Johns twice as good as Little Caesar's? Absolutely not. Domino's Large pepperoni is over $14, Papa John's is over $15. They might be slightly better, but I can get two average tasting Pizzas for the price of one slightly above average pizza from anywhere else making Little Caesar's the Pizza of the people. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

37 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Went overkill on what ya maintained. 

I'll take country over anything. But then again, I Like my privacy and space. 

Probably. At one time we had horses so a lot was pasture type land...nothing that we'd want to hay, but still the horses kept it down. we also had a couple acres of that we replanted in loblolly pines (we had 25 acres of loblolly pines harvested and replanted a few years back) and i wanted to keep the new stands fairly clear of brush. i don't know why. but we also had people come over quite a bit and liked keeping everything looking not too overgrown in the several acres around the house. and if we let things get overgrown where it used to be pasture, we'd see an increase in mice and snakes too close to the house. had both of those come in from time to time (another benefit of not being out in the country is you don't have to hear your wife scream in the middle of the night because she found a snake in the bathroom while she was sitting on the toilet).

i used to like the privacy and space but the isolation got a bit much along with all of the expense in keeping it up and the expense in keeping up the equipment to keep it all up. long driveway = lots of gravel plus tractor to help deal with washout, etc. my kids were excited about being able to order pizza and have it delivered. simple pleasures.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

On 1/29/2023 at 7:29 PM, Cdparr7 said:

What’s one of your core beliefs that get you shunned by the rest of the fanbase?

Here are mine. 

A) Brian Burns is overrated and will never be on the level of Peppers, Johnson, Rucker. Maybe Addison. 

B) Had John Fox been retained he would have had the same and likely more success than Rivera. 

C) I never really liked Christian McCaffrey. Was a playmaker but he really made our offense predictable. People rooting for him with the 49ers make me eye roll.

If SF is not careful they will become one dimensional with him as well. It will be interesting. 

• Poo 1

D) Our stadium should have been built (or our future stadium should be built) around/near Carowinds. 50 yard line on the state line. Half of the the stadium in NC, half in SC. Truly representing both states. ( Not to mention freaking EASY access to  Frugal MacDoogals)

Edited by 3838
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Mahomes going two picks later is pretty funny

If we took Mahomes, he wouldn't be Mahomes.

Rivera would have ruined him just like he did Cam, he refused to let Cam loose, he clearly would have done the same with Mahomes and his career never would have taken off like it did with an innovative offensive play caller like Reid.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Here's mine:

Little Caesar's is the best chain pizza restaurant simply based on the cost/quality.

I can get a hot and ready Large pepperoni pizza for $7.40, tax included, on the fly, and it is a perfectly fine pizza.

Does it taste better than other chain pizzas? Not necessarily. Are Dominos or Papa Johns twice as good as Little Caesar's? Absolutely not. Domino's Large pepperoni is over $14, Papa John's is over $15. They might be slightly better, but I can get two average tasting Pizzas for the price of one slightly above average pizza from anywhere else making Little Caesar's the Pizza of the people. 

I agree. 

Although my go to is the italian cheese bread add pepperoni!

• Pie 1

Here's mine:

If you’re not interested in a specialty pizza, there’s no reason to go to Papa Johns or whatever.  You can’t beat a pepperoni pizza for 7 bucks.

• Pie 1

Here's mine:

You're not paying for a twice as good pizza by going with something else over a Hot-N-Ready, you're paying for a twice as consistent pizza that is also a little better (although I'd argue Dominos and Papa Johns are worse than LC anyways, if going with something else, you go with Hungry Howies or Jets square).

The Hot-N-Ready's are just wildly inconsistent, sometimes they're actually really good, and when you get those, it's worth it.  But sometimes they're borderline not edible and when you get one of those, it's a complete waste of money, even at that low price.

Yea, I'd go with Little Caesars over Dominos or Papa Johns, but there are many other pizza places (and obviously any local one-off places) over Hot-N-Ready's every time. 

35 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

You're not paying for a twice as good pizza by going with something else over a Hot-N-Ready, you're paying for a twice as consistent pizza that is also a little better (although I'd argue Dominos and Papa Johns are worse than LC anyways, if going with something else, you go with Hungry Howies or Jets square).

The Hot-N-Ready's are just wildly inconsistent, sometimes they're actually really good, and when you get those, it's worth it.  But sometimes they're borderline not edible and when you get one of those, it's a complete waste of money, even at that low price.

Yea, I'd go with Little Caesars over Dominos or Papa Johns, but there are many other pizza places (and obviously any local one-off places) over Hot-N-Ready's every time. 

Bro don't overthink it. For the best bang for your buck it's LC hands down.

This is pizza which is just bread, cheese, sauce, and meat toppings. There isn't much difference in other pizza chains.

If im feeling fancy I order Marcos every now and then. But LC is still my go to pizza chain by far!

Harris Teeter has the best pizza on a price to size ratio. 

Western bbq slaw beats traditional mayonnaise based slaw.

Tesla’s are crap compared to the new EV’s coming from Europe.

Nuclear is the cleanest, most environmentally friendly technology available for reliable, economical base load generation.  Change my mind.

Edited by bythenbrs
  • Pie 1