• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Senior Bowl Week!

45catfan

Practices start Tuesday and the game will be played Saturday at 1:30pm.  A draft site I use predicts roughly 90% of these players will be drafted, mostly day 3, but guys to keep an eye on with those two 4ths and 5th rounder (could trade back for more picks).

National roster: https://www.seniorbowl.com/players/national-team/

American roster: https://www.seniorbowl.com/players/american-team/

The defenses are about equal on the guys I want to see.  The National roster's offense is lacking, just Chase Brown really.  The American's roster on offense is loaded.  I expect them to put up some points.

• Pie 5

I really would like a DC in place by Tuesday so he could fly down and get eyeballs on these guys.  I realize we have scouts, but the DC needs to see his own prospects.

I trust Reich on the offensive side of the ball, so I'm not overly concerned if we don't have an OC in place this week.

38 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

The East West Shine game is this week too.  The game will be played Thursday at 8:30pm

East roster: https://shrinebowl.com/east-roster/

West roster: https://shrinebowl.com/west-roster/

Tim DeMorat at QB from Fordham is an interesting small school guy. I haven’t heard much about him but he threw 56 TDs last year. 

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Tim DeMorat at QB from Fordham is an interesting small school guy. I haven’t heard much about him but he threw 56 TDs last year. 

The QB from Shepard had an awesome season too (actually past two seasons), but such a small school versus crap competition.

image.thumb.png.c23418a1377c6c39dbad3ede0fce8c8e.png

image.thumb.png.503c7b6dbe07feb547693fab175bd1c7.png

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

damn American team is going to clap cheeks.

With Hooker 'on the roster'  Duggan is going to eat up the majority of the snaps, however, the kid from Shepard should get some meaningful playing time.  I will be interested to see how he throws.  Small school or not, 5000 yard seasons are rare.

• Pie 2

Looked up highlights for DeMorat and Bagent.  DeMorat throws an ugly ball--wobbly ducks.  Bagent is more of a natural thrower.  He has more velocity than I would have thought for a small school QB, pretty accurate and good ball placement (can see anticipation). Bagent can make all the throws too, surprisingly.  No current highlights, but this is from 2-years ago.

The pass at 1:50 is NFL quality, no matter what school you come from.

1 minute ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Wish Holton Ahlers would have gotten an invite to this one.  This past month has been awesome for him, and makes me wonder if he wasn’t properly utilized at ECU.  

Birmingham Bowl MVP

Hula Bowl MVP

NFLPA Bowl MVP

At minimum I think he deserves a shot in a training camp.  

C10E3C97-F185-41F3-84FC-EEC1C3CA8B88.thumb.jpeg.c6b7598f54b274c72bcf53ac4fd90f28.jpeg
9B54A27A-7A47-4683-8D45-52BC4752B512.thumb.jpeg.fb9baf5bb6ca637c8dc910e18afcd787.jpeg

He'll get an invite to some team's camp.  I still think he goes undrafted.  A 7th round flyer at best, but unlikely.

• Pie 2

Five Senior Bowl takeaways from Tuesday

1) SMU's Rashee Rice gave up a nap to stand out on Tuesday.

Rice knows how to get open, and that trait was on the line at the end of Tuesday's practice.

The American team coaches pitted a series of five one-on-one battles -- O-linemen versus D-linemen, linebackers versus running backs, receivers versus corners -- to close out the session. It was tied at two wins for the defense, two for the offense.

That left Rice to battle with South Carolina CB Darius Rush for the tiebreaker. Rice won off the snap and quickly gained separation on the dig route, but Shepherd QB Tyson Bagent's throw was off-target. That was technically a win for the defense -- and that meant Rice and his teammates owed 15 push-ups.

"It's fine, we'll get that one tomorrow," Rice said with a smile, "if they give us another shot at it."

Rice was a Day 1 standout and appears to be among the more gifted receivers at this year's event. He also hoped he was among the most prepared.

"I was studying all night and all morning," he said. "I didn't put the playbook down. I was like, I can't take a nap. I had to get these plays down. I didn't want to come out here and be like the guy who didn't know what (he was) doing. Everyone out here is competing for jobs, and I didn't want to be unprepared and look foolish."

Rice, who measured 6-foot, 200 pounds at the Senior Bowl, caught 96 passes for 1,355 yards and 10 TDs in 12 games last season. Tuesday was his most competitive action in a couple months, as he last played in a game on Nov. 26.

"I had to regain my quickness a bit," he said, "and it took me a few reps. These corners are fast."

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-senior-bowl-day-1-standouts-byu-wr-puka-nacua-impresses-center-rising-into-?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

10 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Five Senior Bowl takeaways from Tuesday

1) SMU's Rashee Rice gave up a nap to stand out on Tuesday.

Rice knows how to get open, and that trait was on the line at the end of Tuesday's practice.

The American team coaches pitted a series of five one-on-one battles -- O-linemen versus D-linemen, linebackers versus running backs, receivers versus corners -- to close out the session. It was tied at two wins for the defense, two for the offense.

That left Rice to battle with South Carolina CB Darius Rush for the tiebreaker. Rice won off the snap and quickly gained separation on the dig route, but Shepherd QB Tyson Bagent's throw was off-target. That was technically a win for the defense -- and that meant Rice and his teammates owed 15 push-ups.

"It's fine, we'll get that one tomorrow," Rice said with a smile, "if they give us another shot at it."

Rice was a Day 1 standout and appears to be among the more gifted receivers at this year's event. He also hoped he was among the most prepared.

"I was studying all night and all morning," he said. "I didn't put the playbook down. I was like, I can't take a nap. I had to get these plays down. I didn't want to come out here and be like the guy who didn't know what (he was) doing. Everyone out here is competing for jobs, and I didn't want to be unprepared and look foolish."

Rice, who measured 6-foot, 200 pounds at the Senior Bowl, caught 96 passes for 1,355 yards and 10 TDs in 12 games last season. Tuesday was his most competitive action in a couple months, as he last played in a game on Nov. 26.

"I had to regain my quickness a bit," he said, "and it took me a few reps. These corners are fast."

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-senior-bowl-day-1-standouts-byu-wr-puka-nacua-impresses-center-rising-into-?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cfb

I've mocked Rice a ton in simulations.  The more simulations I run, the more I convince myself if we double dip at a position this year, it's WR.  We need a slot (Shi Smith ain't it) and another boundary WR (TMJ ain't it).  No matter who is behind center next fall, he needs weapons and we are in are in short supply.

• Pie 1

Musgrave will be a guy to keep an eye on for R2. Seeing guys like Kelce, Goedert, Kittle, etc. help an offensive meld, I want one in the second round this year. 

Great year for it too.... Mayer, Musgrave, Kincaid and Kraft are all solid TEs that will thrive in the NFL. 

I also like the DL from GA Tech....could be a decent grab on day two.

• Pie 1