• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL is Rigged

Diehardpanth02

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

For a "Diehardpanther" fan, you really seem to be missing a lot of team history references being thrown your way in response to your diatribe.

Yeah, my bad I got a family and stuff. I've been checked out for the last 5 years. Still a diehard, just more meh about it these days.

If my measurements as a Carolina panther fan is all I fall short on in life I'm ok with it. Carolina has fell short on many promises too.

Edited by Diehardpanth02

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If we win the Super Bowl in the next few years, will it still be rigged?

(or will we have just risen above the odds to triumph over a corrupt system?) 🤔

If we win, its only because Tepper paid the refs.  If we lose, its only because he didn't.  The players, coaches, etc... are completely irrelevant.  lol

9 hours ago, onmyown said:

serious question

how would you tell the difference between outdated old men genuinely doing a shitty job and ‘conspiring/meeting together ‘rigging’ the game with zero proof?

all fans think then and their team is special and if luck doesn’t go their way things are rigged. It’s not unique 

in reality, the concept of primarily old men running around trying to spot things, in a day an age where we have laser and computer chips, is more likely and logically the culprit

Well, sometimes you don’t have a dog in the fight.  Like last night.  And you simply see the NFL putting their thumb on the scale to steer the game toward their preference. 

and yeah, there is a reason in today’s world of tech advances the billion dollar game is steered by a part time good old boys club employee. 

• Beer 1

Regardless of whether the game was rigged, these playoffs have been god-awful compared to last year.  One memorable / exciting game (jax vs la).  

Yesterday's Phi vs SF game ended as soon as SF couldn't throw a forward pass.  The CIN vs KC game was the least exciting last second FG game I can recall watching due to the officiating.

4 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

Lord. This is a football forum. And a football topic. Not Voter fraud. If you want proof go get somebody else to do it. It's Moneyday.

They make the same amount of money regardless of who goes. So there is literally no reason for them to rig it.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Got it, so its just an absurd comment with no basis in reason or logic.  

There is logic and reason behind my statement. Only a fool would think otherwise. I bet you pay your tax dollars too, and say, well at least it goes to keep up our roads. It's for a good cause.

Edited by Diehardpanth02

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well, sometimes you don’t have a dog in the fight.  Like last night.  And you simply see the NFL putting their thumb on the scale to steer the game toward their preference. 

and yeah, there is a reason in today’s world of tech advances the billion dollar game is steered by a part time good old boys club employee. 

What’s their preference? KC and CIN are very similar markets. Both had elite QBs. Both were in SB recently. In a league set up for every team to finish around .500, what’s the preference? 

9 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

If we win, its only because Tepper paid the refs.  If we lose, its only because he didn't.  The players, coaches, etc... are completely irrelevant.  lol

Pretty much 😆

Part of me does kind of wish the NFL would steal one thing from pro wrestling though.

If the referees get knocked down, you ought to be able to hit your opponents with a steel chair and then act like nobody saw it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What’s their preference? KC and CIN are very similar markets. Both had elite QBs. Both were in SB recently. In a league set up for every team to finish around .500, what’s the preference? 

story lines.  eyeballs.  Ultimately money.  more for the machine to work with surrounding the game if it is KC over the Bengals.