• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The NFL is Rigged

Diehardpanth02

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've always found it funny how the NFL goes from rigged to not rigged whenever the bad calls benefit us.

The Panthers usually start to get calls when the game is already decided to make things look better statistically.  

This bias change began from Super Bowl 50 on and I think most of it came because of Cam.  The officials didn’t like his celebrations and antics and felt disrespected.  Why they still hate us who knows.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

I'm glad more and more people are realizing this.  The ones that don't are too indoctrinated and just won't let themselves admit that it possibly could be, I get that too.  Ratings are king and advertising is king.  The Cowboys are popular but they may not be the target demo advertisers want.  Those fans are already going to buy the pickup trucks, they want NEW pickup truck buyers.  

I don't think it's some crazy involved thing, but something passed down to the head ref can completely change the game.  Why keep bad refs every year?  Why muddy the rules each year?  I believe a team can still win despite the officiating but it's very hard, and just isn't fair.  I can't take anyone serious that watched our Super Bowl and think everything is OK.  There was reports done and it was like 20 or so missed calls in that game for Denver.  We watched a QB get hit in the head multiple times, fumbles batted, etc. with no calls.  Some of the other QBs get brushed and it's a flag normally.  Peyton had to win that game, it was the final game, come on.  If we played PERFECT yeah we still may have been able to win, but what team does that?  Hard to beat a good team AND the refs.

It's all about storylines and usually, there is one.  Not every time but since Goodell, almost every time.  We now have the "Reid Bowl" that the announcers already mentioned.  You have Kelce vs Kelce.  Mahomes chasing records.  If you watch objectively and not even Panther games obviously, you can see it.

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, Zaximus said:

I'm glad more and more people are realizing this.  The ones that don't are too indoctrinated and just won't let themselves admit that it possibly could be, I get that too.  Ratings are king and advertising is king.  The Cowboys are popular but they may not be the target demo advertisers want.  Those fans are already going to buy the pickup trucks, they want NEW pickup truck buyers.  

I don't think it's some crazy involved thing, but something passed down to the head ref can completely change the game.  Why keep bad refs every year?  Why muddy the rules each year?  I believe a team can still win despite the officiating but it's very hard, and just isn't fair.  I can't take anyone serious that watched our Super Bowl and think everything is OK.  There was reports done and it was like 20 or so missed calls in that game for Denver.  We watched a QB get hit in the head multiple times, fumbles batted, etc. with no calls.  Some of the other QBs get brushed and it's a flag normally.  Peyton had to win that game, it was the final game, come on.  If we played PERFECT yeah we still may have been able to win, but what team does that?  Hard to beat a good team AND the refs.

It's all about storylines and usually, there is one.  Not every time but since Goodell, almost every time.  We now have the "Reid Bowl" that the announcers already mentioned.  You have Kelce vs Kelce.  Mahomes chasing records.  If you watch objectively and not even Panther games obviously, you can see it.

Somebody gets it. In all honesty, what it is going to take is everybody turning off their tvs, not buying NFL merchandise, not going to bars during NFL games, etc. and hurt them in the wallet.

TV ratings go down = less competition for ad time during NFL games. Less merchandise being bought = loss of revenue for NFL. Lower TV ratings = networks paying less for NFL rights.

Unfortunately it will take all of us from all of the fanbases that don't get the "questionable" calls in our favor to just boycott spending a second of attention or a nickel on NFL. And this is something that will never happen. I've just invested much less time and money into sports the past few years and I am honestly a happier person for it. Sure, I wish the Panthers and other teams I root for were better, but I'll live if they suck and probably get a good laugh at them behind completely inept franchises.

Edited by PleaseCutStewart

NFL isn't rigged......its just retarded at times...............3rd and 3 with just under two minutes with two time outs on a tie game and Cincy throws a high risk timing rout 35 yard pass that bounces off a guys helmet?

NFL play calling at time insults my intelligence.

They desire to lose with crap like that.

I actually think they called a very clean game.  The Bengals were sloppy and undisciplined.  They were making stupid mental errors all night.  Joseph Ossai must be sick with himself.  I feel bad for the guy, but that was possibly the dumbest penalty of the season.

EDIT: For what it's worth, while I don't think the NFL is FIXED, per se, it's clear as day that these refs favor big market teams.  I don't know if that's an institutional issue as much as it is an issue specifically with the offiating, but it's painfully obvious that they do.

Edited by DeAngelo Beason

35 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The NFL is rigged, space aliens are real and being kept in a tank in rosell Roswell, the moon landings were fake, and Elvis is still alive.  

If we win the Super Bowl in the next few years, will it still be rigged?

(or will we have just risen above the odds to triumph over a corrupt system?) 🤔

• Pie 1