• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The work begins today

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, CBDellinger said:

Interesting.  Did he not do it in Indy?  

I'm not sure to be honest.  I stopped following him after he signed with the Colts.  It appears he did at times so who knows? He did say that is one of the things he would change is focusing more on other aspects of the team and not just the offense. 

Edited by Jon Snow

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I'm not sure to be honest.  I stopped following him after he signed with the Colts.  It appears he did at times so who knows? He did say that is one of the things he would change is focusing more on other aspects of the team and not just the offense. 

If he hires an experienced OC, then I could see him giving up playcalling.

If he hires a young guy, I'd be more likely to expect he'll do it himself.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty sure he hasn't said.

He's "open" to not calling them but I'm not certain that decision has been made yet.

He did call plays for the Colts.

He mentioned that he wasn't going to micromanage the offense and let his OC take care of that. He said he wasn't planning on calling the plays. Sounds like he doesn't want to anyway.

• Pie 2

28 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Good news on Campen and Tabor. It sounds like Reich was told to keep them on staff rather than just “encouraged.”  Smart move by Tepp/Fitt. 

Also, it seems clear our owner is willing to spend what it takes. Being that’s the main purpose of a sports team owner, I’m in the minority that’s happy with Tepper as our owner. We are forcing teams league wide to match what we are willing to pay. 

These are competitively natured guys. Money is not everything and it will not buy everything. We have seen this time and time again with players and coaches during Tepper’s tenure.

Countless players (with options) would never fathom going to the Browns in the past and this is no different -

You can’t be a dysfunctional, losing franchise and just expect to pay for wins/success. That mentality has been a big part of the issue all along.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He mentioned that he wasn't going to micromanage the offense and let his OC take care of that. He said he wasn't planning on calling the plays. Sounds like he doesn't want to anyway.

Do you remember where you saw that?

I can't recall seeing anything definitive. Honestly, we've had little to no substantive discussion to this point.

(not that they're necessarily should be this early)

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Honestly, he probably doesn't need to call plays. Once Indy began failing this past season, they scapegoated OC Marcus Brady when Reich was actually the play caller.

Edited by top dawg

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can't recall seeing anything definitive. Honestly, we've had little to no substantive discussion to this point.

He said it in the first interview with the lady Balboni or whatever her name was. But he didn't go into much detail or give specifics. I would have to go back and listen again. 

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, he probably doesn't need to call plays. Once Indy began failing this past season, they scaoegoated OC Marcus Brady when Reich was actually the play caller.

I really don't know what he will end up doing to be honest.  I'm just trying to figure out what they are doing just by going off what is actually said. This is misinformation season you know. 

If we retain Tabor as STC, that's actually a under the radar coordinator that tends to get overlooked...and he's a good one!  Reich should sit down with him and just make sure they click on a personal level because we all know he can coach STs extremely well.  Then draw up the contract and check off that box for a coordinator.

Same with Campen, his influence on our OL can't be denied.  Another sit down and chat to make sure everything is kosher, agree to terms and get that contract signed too.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Can't remember where I saw it...someone did say that he wanted to take more of a CEO approach.

10 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Can't remember where I saw it...someone did say that he wanted to take more of a CEO approach.

It was the interview on the official website.  It wasn't anything definitive, though.  It was more of a generalization about being a HC and having an OC calling plays.  It wasn't a firm statement like,  'I will not be calling plays as the HC.'  Reich wouldn't pigeon-hole himself like that.  Would he like an OC he's comfortable enough to call plays?  Absolutely.  However, if he can only land a green OC and not a experienced veteran play caller, I'm sure Frank will have some input.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2