• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The work begins today

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

Keeping Campen likely increases our odds of resigning Bozeman. Win-win.

Let's hope Bozeman understands where were are cap-wise and what we still have to build.   In other words, let's hope he take a hometown discount over a bigger payday and having to uproot his new family.  Stability to some guys is more valuable.  We are talking about IOL too and not a skill position where the pay parity is glaring. If our offer is remotely in the ballpark, hopefully he stays.

52 minutes ago, onmyown said:

These are competitively natured guys. Money is not everything and it will not buy everything. We have seen this time and time again with players and coaches during Tepper’s tenure.

Countless players (with options) would never fathom going to the Browns in the past and this is no different -

You can’t be a dysfunctional, losing franchise and just expect to pay for wins/success. That mentality has been a big part of the issue all along.

Your hatred of all things Panthers front office is skewing your perspective. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

It's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. I don't really have any dogs in the fight when it comes to OC or DC at the moment and I'm a big proponent of letting the HC get the staff together he feels he needs to get the team in shape.

That being said, under Rhule it became obvious pretty quickly where he'd screwed up on his hires. I don't think we'll see this here, though, as Reich is very versed in the pro game and the pro coaches around the league.

Rhule's biggest problem was he just didn't know how to coach on the field, and he poorly evaluated talent on the roster (i.e Robbie Anderson, not playing Foreman).  

Rhule actually had a pretty decent idea of how to build the team (outside of qb), he just didn't know how to get the performance out of the team.

One thing I will give Rhule credit for is he didn't leave us in worse shape then when he arrived from a talent and cap perspective, at least we have some foundations to build on.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Rhule's biggest problem was he just didn't know how to coach on the field, and he poorly evaluated talent on the roster (i.e Robbie Anderson, not playing Foreman).  

Rhule actually had a pretty decent idea of how to build the team (outside of qb), he just didn't know how to get the performance out of the team.

One thing I will give Rhule credit for is he didn't leave us in worse shape then when he arrived from a talent and cap perspective, at least we have some foundations to build on.

It's faint praise for him and I can't even hand him that. He was a mistake on our part and his fault was that he obviously tried to take on something he was in no way prepared for.

In his defense, he's not the first, or the last, HC to move from strictly college experience to the NFL and flounder. He has a long list of compatriots. Best of luck to him at Nebraska, hopefully he and we have found better situations.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

It's faint praise for him and I can't even hand him that. He was a mistake on our part and his fault was that he obviously tried to take on something he was in no way prepared for.

In his defense, he's not the first, or the last, HC to move from strictly college experience to the NFL and flounder. He has a long list of compatriots. Best of luck to him at Nebraska, hopefully he and we have found better situations.

There is no debating how bad he was as a coach on the field.  He was in way over his head.  I'm just happy he didn't piss all over the furniture on his way out.  All I'm saying.

8 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

There is no debating how bad he was as a coach on the field.  He was in way over his head.  I'm just happy he didn't piss all over the furniture on his way out.  All I'm saying.

He mostly left behind old dorm room furniture and a couple of Jay-Z posters. Who'd have cared if he'd have pissed on that?

Moving Season 3 GIF by Vida

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Khyber53 said:

He mostly left behind old dorm room furniture and a couple of Jay-Z posters. Who'd have cared if he'd have pissed on that?

Oh lord the Jay Z thing was so dumb of him.  He was an imbecile, but at least we have a decent Oline now, and he accidentally signed a great runningback and he brought us Franki Luvu.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

And I’d guess Reich will call plays.  

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Not according to him he's not.

he'd only do it if necessary i think it was, but it sounded like he was planning on trusting whoever it was to call the plays so the onus is on him to make sure he hires someone that he could trust to do it. unless he got someone green at the job who had a little bit of a learning curve. Like if he got Brian Johnson, Johnson has only called an offense in the college ranks so i'd think that Reich would want to be a bit involved in that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Yeah, the list of college coaches who made a successful transition is very low.  In the modern day, its essentially Jimmy Johnson.  I suppose you could argue that Barry Switzer did, but he essentially took over a team that was already built.  

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

he'd only do it if necessary i think it was, but it sounded like he was planning on trusting whoever it was to call the plays so the onus is on him to make sure he hires someone that he could trust to do it. unless he got someone green at the job who had a little bit of a learning curve. Like if he got Brian Johnson, Johnson has only called an offense in the college ranks so i'd think that Reich would want to be a bit involved in that.

Kinda why I'd say that decision isn't final yet.

Gotta see how things shake out as far as his staff...

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Yeah, the list of college coaches who made a successful transition is very low.  In the modern day, its essentially Jimmy Johnson.  I suppose you could argue that Barry Switzer did, but he essentially took over a team that was already built.  

By Jimmy Johnson if I recall...

• Pie 2