• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The "running QB" has a huge opportunity this Super Bowl

GOAT

Super Bowl QB's have always been known to have pocket presence, some with some ability to escape. For the most part though, you're seeing a guy stand tall in the pocket and deliver passes rather than juking guys out and bruising into the end zone. 

Our own Cam Newton couldn't get it done, and continued the conversation of "can a dual threat QB win the Super Bowl?". Yes, Russ and Mahomes have some wheels and can create some circus plays with their feet - but after watching Hurts yesterday I can safely say I haven't seen a bruising / running QB like that since Cam.

Hurts can definitely sling it, but if he's able to win a super bowl with his gifted legs - it may put the old stereo type to bed that that sort of QB can't win a Super Bowl. 

Makes you open to a QB like Richardson perhaps, if a team can cater their playbook to that style and obviously execute in the other departments - it may be the new recipe to success.

• Pie 4

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I really dont see a path where the Eagles win this game. However, any given Sunday.

You don't see the Eagles winning?  I feel like their pressure on a limping Mahomes could be bad news for the Chiefs.  Plus the Eagles have a much better OL than the injured Bengals OL. 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Super Bowl QB's have always been known to have pocket presence, some with some ability to escape. For the most part though, you're seeing a guy stand tall in the pocket and deliver passes rather than juking guys out and bruising into the end zone. 

Our own Cam Newton couldn't get it done, and continued the conversation of "can a dual threat QB win the Super Bowl?". Yes, Russ and Mahomes have some wheels and can create some circus plays with their feet - but after watching Hurts yesterday I can safely say I haven't seen a bruising / running QB like that since Cam.

Hurts can definitely sling it, but if he's able to win a super bowl with his gifted legs - it may put the old stereo type to bed that that sort of QB can't win a Super Bowl. 

Makes you open to a QB like Richardson perhaps, if a team can cater their playbook to that style and obviously execute in the other departments - it may be the new recipe to success.

Hurts throws the ball too well from the pocket to be labeled running QB.

That tilte belongs to guys like The Golden Calf of Bristol and Vick

• Poo 1

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

@Catsfan69 is not going to like this....  Between CMC being eliminated, Wilks not getting the job (lessens the chance of Sam coming back), and now this.... Someone needs to do a wellness check on him.

I love Hurts. He's an incredible player and more importantly an incredible leader.

The amount of work he has put in not only in the weight room but improving his passing ability is incredible and should be a shining example for every young player out there. 

I wish we had drafted him.

• Pie 3