• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fangio to Miami official....well...maybe... probably tho

jb2288

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I actually like Bradley, but I know a lot of people don't.

I think he's probably better at running zone than Holcomb, but I don't like the stubbornness about sticking to one scheme and not blitzing. I'd rather take a chance on one of the younger guys to at least keep other teams guessing for a season. As long as the next DC has Chinn closer to the line and lets Horn man up I'll accept it. Also stop dropping DE's into coverage, that trend needs to end asap

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

Marquand Manuel....OWNERSHIP?    What does THAT mean?

Is he a Team owner that wants to be a DC?

Can they be a bit more clear on what that means?

It means that's who David Tepper might want as opposed to who Frank Reich wants.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I think I brought it up during the head coach search threads, but Tepper and the panel doing the hiring wanted to control Coordinator hiring. I was under the impression it was just for a young coach....but apparently it was full stop for anyone that got hired. Which is stupid and weird. 

Dude gets on my fuging nerves.  I understand wanting to be involved in the sense of being dully informed, but he just can't keep his hands off poo.  We've seen it time and time again in the sports world.  You might've been a good businessman in your profession, but that doesn't make you a good NFL owner.  It's a different business, and sometimes being hands-on with everything is the worst thing you can do.

Him hiring his own guy or preferred guy has all the makings of a disaster. 

I think it’s realistic that there would be some candidates management would like. I’m not sure it’s a Tepper thing as all have connections to Fitt. My hope would be that Reich would review and not just go with guys he’s hired in the past. Anyhow, we’ll see what happens. 

• Beer 1

Tepper vetting candidates for coordinator positions is just the trauma of Phil Snow and Matt Rhule. I don't blame him. Plus, there was a great article in the Athletic about Daboll and his staff and how he didn't necessarily know them all before, but the Giants had a list and recommended people to him. This looks more like what Tepper and crew have done this time. Reich seems in a position to be able to choose but why wouldn't he want help with legwork? If we could have landed Fangio and keep Tabor and Campen, I see that as a win for the owner vetted coaches. Let Reich pick his OC and offensive staff. Without Fangio I don't know who to go with though at DC