• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fangio to Miami official....well...maybe... probably tho

jb2288

3 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Dude gets on my fuging nerves.  I understand wanting to be involved in the sense of being dully informed, but he just can't keep his hands off poo.  We've seen it time and time again in the sports world.  You might've been a good businessman in your profession, but that doesn't make you a good NFL owner.  It's a different business, and sometimes being hands-on with everything is the worst thing you can do.

Him hiring his own guy or preferred guy has all the makings of a disaster. 

Personally, I am of the opinion that the building of staff should be a collaborative effort. I don't trust Reich enough to make those kinds of decisions. I'm not in love with his Gus Bradley affinity at all, and I don't blame Tepper for wanting to give Manuel a shot. I would hope that Fitterer is giving valuable input as well.

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Personally, I am of the opinion that the building of staff should be a collaborative effort. I don't trust Reich enough to make those kinds of decisions. I'm not in love with his Gus Bradley affinity at all, and I don't blame Tepper for wanting to give Manuel a shot. I would hope that Fitterer is giving valuable input as well.

Yeah, I'm not gonna go to the guy who gave Matt Rhule a massive contract and full control for hiring advice.

Pretty much every head coach in the NFL gets to hire their own staff, and Reich has run a successful team before. Can we say that of Tepper?

Hell, one of Frank's former hires is going to be coaching in the Super Bowl shortly.

I can't see any good reason to limit who Reich hires.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, I'm not going to go to the guy who gave Matt Rhule a massive contract and full control for hiring advice.

Pretty much every head coach in the NFL gets to hire their own staff. And Reich has run a successful team before. Can we say that of Tepper? Hell, one of his former hires is going to be coaching in the Super Bowl shortly.

I can't see any good reason to limit who Reich hires.

I'm not sure it's limiting him as much as presenting alternative options to consider.  But yeah, stay out of the offensive staff decisions at least. 

True, the Dolphins and Fangio deal is not finalized yet, but the fat lady is warming up her scales.  Here's a very good summary of the whole Fangio saga: 

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/30/panthers-report-dolphins-vic-fangio-highest-paid-dc/

Tepper would have to come in with a ridiculously counter-COUNTER-offer to make Vic leave the Dolphins at the alter.

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

True, the Dolphins and Fangio deal is not finalized yet, but the fat lady is warming up her scales.  Here's a very good summary of the whole Fangio saga: 

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/30/panthers-report-dolphins-vic-fangio-highest-paid-dc/

Tepper would have to come in with a ridiculously counter-COUNTER-offer to make Vic leave the Dolphins at the alter.

I’m wondering if it’s us upping the offer or the 49ers job opening up. 49ers is a better job but because of taxes he’d make more here on the same contract

6 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I’m wondering if it’s us upping the offer or the 49ers job opening up. 49ers is a better job but because of taxes he’d make more here on the same contract

I honestly think he's just sitting back and letting his agent pad his retirement.  If Tepper counter offers the Dolphins counter offer to us, then they will likely counter again and Fangio didn't have to lift a finger while getting that much richer.

Edited by 45catfan

17 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I honestly think he's just sitting back and letting his agent pad his retirement.  If Tepper counter offers the Dolphins counter offer to us, then they will likely counter again and Fangio didn't have to lift a finger while getting that much richer.

I hope Tepper counters one more time to make the Dolphins spend up the nose to sign Fangio.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

10 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

It's already done. 

As of around noon it was reported that an agreement had been reach in principle, but a contract HAD NOT been signed yet, leaving speculation that Fangio was still able to be had if he could be swayed.  (See more $$$$$$). 

Unless you have seen a report in the past couple of hours that a deal had been finalized, but it is unlikely that Tepper can buy Fangio out of taking the Dolphins job, but the rumors are still out there because it's now known Vic was our #1 choice for DC.

Edited by 45catfan