• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns

DaveThePanther2008

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Burns will not be traded. He’s a pro bowl DE and only 24 years old. Plus……we have absolutely no talent at DE other than him. 

This is the only correct response. Maybe had we kept Reddick it would be worthy of a conversation, but we didn't, and trading Burns would be perhaps the dumbest possible thing this team could do this off-season.

We have plenty of draft picks!! We don't need to trade elite players.

We need to continue to add talent, not take it away

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

This is the only correct response. Maybe had we kept Reddick it would be worthy of a conversation, but we didn't, and trading Burns would be perhaps the dumbest possible thing this team could do this off-season.

Until we get a qb its a moot point and acquiring those picks for burns would have made the possibility infinitely easier.  Now we hand him his leverage on a silver platter and we are going to do what the panthers have done time and time again, over pay for player unnecessarily

• Pie 2

36 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

Question: Is Burns that much better than Yannick Ngakoue? 

I think Burns + 9 gets you to AZ 3rd or Burns + 9 + 2024 first gets you CHI first.

Sign Yannick 3 years $35M which is kind of what he got from the Raiders before being traded to Indy.

Something like this makes more sense.  That way you are at least addressing the loss of Burns in FA and not trying to draft a player to hope they can replace him.  Ngakoue isn't on Burns' level, but he can fill in and offset the loss.

Seriously why bitch about Tepper spending his money. You can fit anyone under the salary cap you want. We can pay Burns and do what we want. You act as if the money is coning out of your pockets. We got folks whose job is figuring this out. Couch GMs, you gotta love em.

Edited by panthers55
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Just for a topic.  I am against trading Burns.

But for the sake of conversation and argument. 

If we were to package Burns in a deal to move up to the #1 spot.  What do you want in return?

No way I trade Burns and #9 just for the #1 spot. 

QBs win in this league. I agree Burns is a centerpiece for a defense but if Reich sees the next Luck and thinks he can get by with trading Burns for that QB then you free up a bunch of cap and you go sign Ngakoue, Clowney, Jessie Bates and call it a day. 

Think about if someone was like “you can have the next Mahomes/Burrow but it’ll cost you Burns.” You’d be dumb to turn that down. 

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Not take it away. Exactly. I'm hesitant to judge Burns or Brown until I see them in a proper 4-3. As good as D. Brown looks IMO had he gone to a 4-3 team his success would have come sooner. 

how i met your mother intervention GIF

The 3-4 needs to go if we're going to be serious about lasting deep into playoff series and getting back to a Superbowl. Teppers fascination with 3-4 and the weaknesses it brings is a liability.

Going to 4-3 and adding Myles Murphy to our front four would be fearsome thing. We'd just need a FA to put beside Brown.

2 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

If we aren't trading Burns for 2 1sts and a 2nd, then I don't think our dumbass front office will trade him for anything

Pretty much. I doubt we will see him moved now. Plus I doubt we will ever see a package like that again. 

He is going to be REALLY expensive.