• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich's Intro Presser - Today, Noon EST

Bear Hands

Very solid press conference. I enjoyed that Reich answered some questions legitimately regarding his past coaching experience, the future roster, play calling, building up a coaching staff and what he believes a championship organization looks like. He's been a part of it in Buffalo, Philadelphia, and had some success in Indy. So he's proven he can do it and I'm honestly pretty excited.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He definitely has some work to do as a passer but if we had Brissett to play until he is ready and Reich paired with Brian Johnson (who worked with AR at Florida) I would feel pretty good about him developing into something.  

Yeah, Richardson might not be ready for a couple of years. We would need a solid vet.

41 minutes ago, t96 said:

**oh god, please, I hope I didn't say anything stupid**

This guy has charisma pouring out of his ass, no wonder he sold Tepper and Hurney so quickly. 

I hope his coaching skills are as good as his speaking skills. 

Acceptable levels of hopium. Eventually saw through the façade after he spouted the same buzzwords over and over again with no substance or results. 

I'll accept it. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, TheMaulClaw said:

No dude.  

Just conditioned to have a negative reaction to the term "process".  

But I do think you went into your reply determined to be self righteous.

You are not smarter then everybody else the way you believe.

Don't claim to be, but I have watched my fair share of press conferences and things of that sort. And I'll say again, if you don't come out of that one encouraged, you're probably making an effort not to be.

Hearing the way Reich talks and getting to see the depth of his football understanding is a huge breath of fresh air after dealing with three years of Matt Rhule.

We have a coach now who not only has a track record of NFL success (I mean, one of his protegés is coaching in the Super Bowl next weekend) but who pretty clearly grasps deep concepts and details regarding the game.

Even more encouraging, he can explain them.

You can choose to be as unhappy as you want about this hire for whatever reason, but the vast majority of the rest of us are actually looking forward to football season for the first time in a couple of years.

If you don't want to be part of that, that's on you.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Acceptable levels of hopium. Eventually saw through the façade after he spouted the same buzzwords over and over again with no substance or results. 

I'll accept it. 

I feel like everyone should be cut some slack for comments made in that thread. After all, the reason he's likened to a used car salesman is his ability to market and sell a sh*tty product. Fool me once, shame on you kind of thing.

Edited by travisura
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, travisura said:

I feel like everyone should be cut some slack for comments made in that thread. After all, the reason he's likened to a used car salesman is his ability to market and sell a sh*tty product. Fool me once, shame on me kind of thing.

The one thing that still sticks out in my mind about that particular intro was how after hearing the story of his interview, I couldn't help thinking how much it sounded like an elderly person being swindled by an insurance salesman.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'll accept it. 

My only post:

This... is... some... press conference...

Not sure what I was getting at... Probably the spectacle of it. Which if I remember right, it was pretty over the top and more show than substance.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The one thing that still sticks out in my mind about that particular intro was how after hearing the story of his interview, I couldn't help thinking how much it sounded like an elderly person being swindled by an insurance salesman.

To your credit, you did say this back then:

For the record guys, taking anything that was said at a guy's introductory press conference as predictive of the future would be...unwise.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't claim to be, but I have watched my fair share of press conferences and things of that sort. And I'll say again, if you don't come out of that one encouraged, you're probably making an effort not to be.

Hearing the way Reich talks and getting to see the depth of his football understanding is a huge breath of fresh air after dealing with three years of Matt Rhule.

We have a coach now who not only has a track record of NFL success (I mean, one of his protegés is coaching in the Super Bowl next weekend) but who pretty clearly grasps deep concepts and details regarding the game.

Even more encouraging, he can explain them.

You can choose to be as unhappy as you want about this hire for whatever reason, but the vast majority of the rest of us are actually looking forward to football season for the first time in a couple of years.

If you don't want to be part of that, that's on you.

Reich is established and all that. Sure! But until he wins the big one, I don't see him as having that much more success than lots of coaches who have never won it, Ron Rivera and John Fox included. Once he actually gets to and wins a Super Bowl as the HC, then I'll give him some props for being "successful," but he at least has to get to one.

I mean he's 41-35. Whoopdy frickin doo! I hope that he's way better than during his next five years (assuming he makes it that long).

4 minutes ago, travisura said:

To your credit, you did say this back then:

And it's true... generally.

Reich was actually a lot more forthcoming than I'm used to at these pressers. You'll typically hear close to half a dozen answers like "I can't get into that right now" and such. Reich gave it his best effort to answer almost everything.

He also didn't shy away from answering questions about his past, including his own dismissal. Heck, he straight up responsibility and didn't blame anyone else.

Those are really positive signs.