• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich's Intro Presser - Today, Noon EST

Bear Hands

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

And yet your first statement is true. Press conference is meaningless. It’s meant to make people feel better. I’ll be honest that I think Reich could have had a bad one and it still would be well received given how much Rhule was hated at the end of his run. You could have put a can of soup up there and it would have been about how stoic and no nonsense the new coach is compared to Rhule.

A can of soup...?

LOL

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

No fluff? If all the questions about his QB days and former teammates wasn't fluff, what would he call it?

I imagine he means fluff from the coach, ie all that “brand” poo Matt Rhule talked about.

The HC can’t help if reporters ask him fluff questions. 

Edited by Cary Kollins
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

No fluff? If all the questions about his QB days and former teammates wasn't fluff, what would he call it?

Well that's not really on him, it's on the journalists who asked him those questions. In any case, he answered every question in a very straight forward manner, which is what I think Ellis was alluding to.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Cary's answer was pretty accurate.

As an example...

That's one of those questions where I'd typically expect a response like "oh that's in the past" or "you'd have to ask them" or some such, but that's not what Reich did at all. He owned it.

Edited by Mr. Scot

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

John came away pretty impressed...

I'm not sure how many people they allow to these intro press conferences, but Rhule's seemed pretty large.

But I have a strong feeling the amount of players, both past and present, would have been way higher if Wilks was the hire. The past players in attendance made sense given their history playing with Reich but there were no other former players there from the more recent era, probably as protest they didn't hire Wilks. I was honestly surprised as many current players showed up as they did. 

Just now, hepcat said:

I'm not sure how many people they allow to these intro press conferences, but Rhule's seemed pretty large.

But I have a strong feeling the amount of players, both past and present, would have been way higher if Wilks was the hire. The past players in attendance made sense given their history playing with Reich but there were no other former players there from the more recent era, probably as protest they didn't hire Wilks. I was honestly surprised as many current players showed up as they did. 

A couple of player comments...

In the months to come, I suspect some variation of "I feel bad for Steve but I just want to win"; is what you'll hear from most of the players.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Asking about your current QB room is anything but fluff. 

We don't know what they think of draft prospects, much less whether we can actually maneuver to get a prospect. We also don't know if we'll be able to land a QB in FA that would be worth it. 

Y'all need to stop acting like asking about our QB room or any QB that might be available is "fluff." It's not.

Edited by top dawg

45 minutes ago, stbugs said:

And yet your first statement is true. 

My case in point for that statement was Ron Rivera's introductory presser.

Rivera came out with a bunch of big balled talk about being aggressive and imposing will on others and things like that. I remember Brooklyn Decker saying that after watching that she thought he was kind of scary.

And then...well 😕

That said, at least Rivera had something memorable about his. Outside of the story about his hire making me a little nervous, I can't remember a damn thing about Matt Rhule's intro.