• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich's Intro Presser - Today, Noon EST

Bear Hands

50 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

I'd say at this stage it somewhat is. Obviously the QB room is very important, and he said they've had some conversations about current players. But let's be honest, player evaluations isn't what he's doing right now. He needs a staff, first and foremost. I doubt Reich has evaluated very much tape at all. He's had the job for two days, the question was too soon.

Yeah, he probably hasn't done player evaluations inasmuch as it relates directly to the Panthers, but I kind off have a hard time believing that he hasn't scouted Darnold or Corral before. 

8 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Watching his press conference today and all things considered I think Frank was the prize Head Coach that was out there to be hired.  Perfect fit and I couldn’t be more excited to see what this team will do with a man like Reich leading this team.

I know there was a narrative on this board about retread HCs versus the young bucks...everyone wanted a young buck.  I just kept looking at the job Pederson was doing with that train wreck down in Jacksonville and thinking could one of these young bucks pulled that 180 that Doug Pederson was doing down there?  Reich and Pederson are cut from the same cloth and why after he was (stupidly) let go by Irsay in Indy, I wanted Reich here in Carolina.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

Watching his press conference today and all things considered I think Frank was the prize Head Coach that was out there to be hired.  Perfect fit and I couldn’t be more excited to see what this team will do with a man like Reich leading this team.

Welcome aboard.  I've thought that for years.  Let's hope we are correct. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, he probably hasn't done player evaluations inasmuch as it relates directly to the Panthers, but I kind off have a hard time believing that he hasn't scouted Darnold or Corral before. 

He's not going to give away any information that with let anyone know their intentions for the qb position.  You might as well let it go. You will know by the time the draft is over what that plan will be. Not before. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

I know there was a narrative on this board about retread HCs versus the young bucks...everyone wanted a young buck.  I just kept looking at the job Pederson was doing with that train wreck down in Jacksonville and thinking could one of these young bucks pulled that 180 that Doug Pederson was doing down there?  Reich and Pederson are cut from the same cloth and why after he was (stupidly) let go by Irsay in Indy, I wanted Reich here in Carolina.

Also look at Mike McDaniel with the Dolphins. Off to a good exciting start and then it just fell apart once things weren't perfect. I wouldn't be surprised part of the reason they want Fangio so bad is to have someone with legit HC experience to help manage the behind the scenes stuff

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Also look at Mike McDaniel with the Dolphins. Off to a good exciting start and then it just fell apart once things weren't perfect. I wouldn't be surprised part of the reason they want Fangio so bad is to have someone with legit HC experience to help manage the behind the scenes stuff

To be fair, it wasn't that things weren't perfect, it was that Tua's brain got scrambled multiple times and then Teddy two gloves also got hurt so they were down to their third string QB at the end of the season.

The fact they even made the playoffs is kind of impressive to begin with. And they put up a fight against Buffalo in Buffalo with the third string QB tells me they have a bright future ahead.

• Pie 1

A few things grabbed my attention.

1. When asked about Indy he said they couldn’t run. Then followed up by saying “that’s on me. I’m the head coach and I’m responsible. 
2. “Scott F. Sets the 53 and he decides who is active and who plays but there is collaboration”

3. It’s not a one man show. It’s a team effort.

Somehow it feels like there is already a better definition and respect of roles people play within the org with him being here.  Cant fully know for certain but looks like a big difference between him and the last regime.   

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1