• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on drafting a QB this year

ncfan

18 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I could be reading to much into this

But Reich in specific mentioned 

“offense look like Philly”

and

”dual threat like Hurts”

additional here recently.

Joe Person hinted at who we’re going after at OC in Brian Johnson out of Philly.

Johnson coached Richardson in Florida.

lastly.  Daniel Jeremiah is one of the most clued in guys in what’s going on in league circles in around draft season.  Jeremiah now has Richardson his 13th OVERALL prospect in this draft

D69D207A-0D2C-4238-8FDB-CA2042A24EA8.jpeg

0E0154DB-44BA-409A-AFA8-57313087F3DE.jpeg

F8387A78-11EE-4C74-99A1-7903D3DA613A.jpeg

Good post--imagine using facts to make your point--what a concept on the Huddle. 

Reading the tea leaves--it sure looks like any of the top 4 qbs, but Richardson makes you wonder because he has the most upside and raw athleticism.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I think a lot of people were like that. And, no offense, but that just means you weren’t actually paying attention before. All year he’s shown his decision making, arm talent, ability to read the field, everything you want in an NFL quarterback is elite for a prospect.  The only thing that isn’t elite and the only thing he is inferior to Young at is scrambling/running around behind the LoS. But he’s still good at it. Just not elite.

Glad so many are coming around in Stroud, he’s been my strong #1 for months.  I see him as a “the guy” easily, I’ve never seen anyone as comfortable making beautiful passes that are perfectly placed as him.  Not Luck, not Cam, not Lawrence, none of the past strong #1s have been as good at placement and using the proper velocity/touch as Stroud. They’ve had other areas they were better at that made them such elite prospects, and I’m not saying I think Stroud is necessarily a better prospect than Luck. But he’s in the same area because of how good he is at that trait without any flaws to speak of. 

In my defense, I had watched him since his freshman year quite a bit prior to the Georgia game...  Idk what it was, but I just felt like his work was empty.  Like he was racking up numbers and stats, bit I didn't feel he impacted the games like a Cam or a Luck.  He didn't take over games in that sense...  it just felt more like he was doing what he was supposed to, or expected to do, if that made any sense.  And yeah, the placement and anticipation were there, but nothing really popped off the screen for me...  and it also felt like he had a lot of shrinking moments in big spots - or at least not coming up or asserting himself in those moments.  That's why the Georgia game changed my mind on him, because the spotlight was meltingly hot, and you kept waiting for him to revert back to just kind of helplessly shrinking in that moment but he didn't.  He just kept coming back and placing perfect passes everywhere on the field.  He finally took over and asserted himself, and that game became his signature "take over" game, imo.  He showed he could be the guy to singlehandedly lead your team to a win.  I think that's what finally shifted my outlook on him.  Like yeah, the tools were always there, and they were impressive, but until that game, are you really a franchise guy if you're just playing your role and along for the ride at a powerhouse?  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Good post--imagine using facts to make your point--what a concept on the Huddle. 

Reading the tea leaves--it sure looks like any of the top 4 qbs, but Richardson makes you wonder because he has the most upside and raw athleticism.

Hurts and Richardson have similar scouting reports.... Both were/are considered to be one read, struggling pocket passers with questionable decisions, but Richardson has the stronger arm and Hurts has that "do anything it takes to win" mentality and toughness. That's the hardest part to gauge when drafting someone, hopefully Richardson has what it takes if we take him. I'm leaning more towards trading up for Stroud

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

In my defense, I had watched him since his freshman year quite a bit prior to the Georgia game...  Idk what it was, but I just felt like his work was empty.  Like he was racking up numbers and stats, bit I didn't feel he impacted the games like a Cam or a Luck.  He didn't take over games in that sense...  it just felt more like he was doing what he was supposed to, or expected to do, if that made any sense.  And yeah, the placement and anticipation were there, but nothing really popped off the screen for me...  and it also felt like he had a lot of shrinking moments in big spots - or at least not coming up or asserting himself in those moments.  That's why the Georgia game changed my mind on him, because the spotlight was meltingly hot, and you kept waiting for him to revert back to just kind of helplessly shrinking in that moment but he didn't.  He just kept coming back and placing perfect passes everywhere on the field.  He finally took over and asserted himself, and that game became his signature "take over" game, imo.  He showed he could be the guy to singlehandedly lead your team to a win.  I think that's what finally shifted my outlook on him.  Like yeah, the tools were always there, and they were impressive, but until that game, are you really a franchise guy if you're just playing your role and along for the ride at a powerhouse?  

Yea, to me the difference between him doing what he’s supposed to do at a powerhouse school and, say, Fields or Matt Leinart or any of these other guys is that when he was passing to his stars he wasn’t just waiting for them to get open and then throwing it somewhere in their vicinity to make a play on. He was throwing it on a rope where only his guys could make a play on it. He was throwing through tight windows, throwing guys open, things like that. Numerous plays I saw Harrison get credit for making a good catch toe tapping on the side line we’re able to happen because Stroud put the ball in the perfect spot. And yea it was a good catch too, but the pass allowed it to happen.  That happened over and over regardless of who was the receiver.  I hope we can get him and I hope he can continue his growth because he’s going to be really special if so. 

• Pie 2

Even though the 49ers trade for Trey Lance was aggressive and looks like a bust, in the end, given the strength of the 49ers roster, it ended up not amounting to super high draft capital: 

49ers trade: 2021 1st (#12), 2022 1st (#29), 2022 3rd (#94), 2023 1st (#30)

49ers receive: 2021 1st (#3)

On the face of it, it looks like the 49ers sent out an enormous amount of draft capital, but in reality, they didn't trade what I would consider to be premium picks even though they've gotten next to nothing out of the guy they did take.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, BrisbanePanther said:

And guess what--they're basically drafting back to normal next year. Arguably didn't miss the picks at all.

wut?

San Francisco 49ers Draft Picks by Round in 2023

• Round 3, Pick 99
  • Round 3, Pick 100
  • Round 3, Pick 101
  • Round 5, Pick 157
  • Round 5, Pick 166
  • Round 5, Pick 173
  • Round 6, Pick 217
  • Round 7, Pick 224
  • Round 7, Pick 249
  • Round 7, Pick 255

Now that's not to say the outcome would be the same if the Panthers made a similar move - they had an elite defense, a good OL, and quality skill position players. They felt all they needed was a dynamic QB to take that last step, which given their playoff performance with Garoppolo, made sense. 

I do think if the Panthers hit on the right QB, whether in FA or the draft, this is a playoff team though.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

wut?

San Francisco 49ers Draft Picks by Round in 2023

• Round 3, Pick 99
  • Round 3, Pick 100
  • Round 3, Pick 101
  • Round 5, Pick 157
  • Round 5, Pick 166
  • Round 5, Pick 173
  • Round 6, Pick 217
  • Round 7, Pick 224
  • Round 7, Pick 249
  • Round 7, Pick 255

Think he means next year as in starting with the 2024 draft

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Stroud has the size, the arm, the accuracy and the footwork 

I like AR but needs work. We all know this 

Bryce is a playmaker but I just cannot see that frame holding up in the nfl 

not big on Levis.  Guy shrinks in the spotlight and the nfl is a spotlight every week, it’s just that some weeks are brighter than others 

get stroud this year and Harrison JR next year and things will look a whole lot better in Charlotte 

That sounds great but I don't think it's realistic for us to get both Stroud and Harrison. Being in position to get Stroud will likely require at least a 2024 1st and I'd be shocked if Harrison doesn't go in the 1st in 2024.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

I could be reading to much into this

But Reich in specific mentioned 

“offense look like Philly”

and

”dual threat like Hurts”

additional here recently.

Joe Person hinted at who we’re going after at OC in Brian Johnson out of Philly.

Johnson coached Richardson in Florida.

lastly.  Daniel Jeremiah is one of the most clued in guys in what’s going on in league circles in around draft season.  Jeremiah now has Richardson his 13th OVERALL prospect in this draft

D69D207A-0D2C-4238-8FDB-CA2042A24EA8.jpeg

0E0154DB-44BA-409A-AFA8-57313087F3DE.jpeg

F8387A78-11EE-4C74-99A1-7903D3DA613A.jpeg

Hes listen to my 2 month old comment about 4 QBs going in the top 8....ANd AR will light up the combine....