• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on drafting a QB this year

ncfan

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Stop me if you've heard this one...

So the team with the #1 pick is gonna try and see if they can trade it away for a great deal.

Kinda like the team before them did...

And the one before that...

And the one before that 😕

The Jags were all in on Lawrence and the Bengals were with Burrow.  It just means Chicago has a guy they like at QB vs what the draft is offering this year.  It makes sense.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Richardson is not Hurts. Hurts was actually a good QB in college with a label placed on him. He was good enough to be a top 5 pick. 

Hurts was a much more developed passer than Richardson coming out of college.  Hurts is also arguable the best QB in the NFC.  I think Richardson had some questionable talent around him at Florida this year so his stats are pretty misleading, but yeah he needs a little more time as a passer.  His talent however is unquestionable.  If Richardson takes the next step his ceiling is through the roof.  Richardson will put in the work to get better, hell just look at his 2nd half vs 1st half of the season stats.  At pick 9 you are going to have to gamble a bit on a QB.  I think Richardson is a gamble work taking, because if you hit it's a freaking homerun.  

The only team that would be willing to trade down, would be the Bears.  They would be looking to literally fleece the skin of any fool who looks to trade up to one.  This means probably for the next three years, the trading team will be forfeiting their drafts until day 3.  No way, Jose!!!!!

I view all the top QBs in this coming draft as having good upside. (The only thing I fear about Young is his small frame)  One of those guys will be available at the 9th pick.  I'm good with any of them.  Shoot, I kind of have my eye on Marvin Harrison coming out next year.  I want to be in the running in getting him.

Edited by Matthias
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, travisura said:

And what if Corral is not great, but not terrible? (Which is the most likely option.) Then we're right back in the same boat we're in now and we've successfully missed out on a potentially franchise changing talent. If Corral is the answer, let him prove it by earning the job in training camp vs. a rookie.

Not necessarily. How did Lawrence do his rookie year??  Assuming anyone out the gate will immediately shine is not reality for most all. So we pick Stroud and he is middling.  Then what. And I don't think Young or Stroud will be franchise changing.  IMHO. 

5 hours ago, stan786 said:

I just don’t understand why people think Reich has any desire to commit to a third round QB coming off a massive injury that he didn’t choose. 

I doubt Reich is ready to jump back into QB purgatory at the start of his second chance, he knows that’s the position he needs to nail down and he’s not going to sacrifice a year to do it. 

But is he convinced that Young or Srroud are so amazing he can't find similar ability at 9 and save all thise picks.  You can pick up Fields for a wnd or third I read.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

But is he convinced that Young or Srroud are so amazing he can't find similar ability at 9 and save all thise picks.  You can pick up Fields for a wnd or third I read.

Yeah I will be interested to see who he wants and what our play is there. I personally think a move up to like 5 is probably what ends up happening. Just more saying I don’t think Corral is going to be his initial answer. 

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

We can pick up Fields for what?

I read they are keeping Fields and shopping the pick.

If we can get Fields I would be so damn excited!

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Fields would already be gone if you could get him for that 

5 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I just want to know what makes yall think any team management would embrace this type of scenario? You are talking about almost a full year of preparation and a 17 game season with a guy who didnt even make it threw pre season as QB. I could understand a little bit more if corral made it threw season not on IR and maybe even got to play just a lil bit....but i dont even think that would have been enough to ride a whole next season off his back. And that's without factoring in a new coach that didnt validate him.

Corral has more experience than Young or Corral, and the price to move up makes him a  better value. Who says Reich relies on a rookie not named Luck. It will actually be between Corral, a rookie and a vet. Who stakes their future on two guys who have never taken a regular season snap in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Fields would already be gone if you could get him for that 

This is a decent article on the possibility. I did hear that the Bears might keep fields  because the pick was more valuable but what if they don't get the compensation they want??

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/bears-justin-fields-trade-what-it-could-look-like/

Edited by panthers55

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

This is a decent article on the possibility. I did hear that the Beats might keep fields  ecause the pick was more valuable but what if they don't get the compensation they want??

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/bears-justin-fields-trade-what-it-could-look-like/

Whoever that is just equated Justin Fields to Josh Rosen.   I don’t see that. 

I would think tons of teams would take Fields and his rookie contract for that.  Those who need or even don’t need a starter.   That’s just seems too cheap for Fields.  Who did near historic stuff on the ground this year with bad offensive weapons