• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on drafting a QB this year

ncfan

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Whoever that is just equated Justin Fields to Josh Rosen.   I don’t see that. 

I would think tons of teams would take Fields and his rookie contract for that.  Those who need or even don’t need a starter.   That’s just seems too cheap for Fields.  Who did near historic stuff on the ground this year with bad offensive weapons 

He is one of the reasons they are picking first in the draft. Just saying.....

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

He is one of the reasons they are picking first in the draft. Just saying.....

Jags had the #1 overall pick last year.  It wasn’t because of Trevor Lawrence. 

It was their horrific HC and absence of talent around the QB.  Good HC and some basic additions at RB, WR and TE and boom. 

Fields went to a horrible situation.  Talent coming out his ears.  Calling him Josh Rosen like is just weird stuff IMO. 

Just now, panthers55 said:

I am not convinced that Chicago loves Fields so much as they want the extra draft picks and don't see Young or Stroud as so much better  than Fields. So keeping Fields and getting the picks is a much better value than trading him away and keeping the number 1 pick.

Just say fields magically is entered in this draft. He would be the clear #1 and I was no fan of his two years ago. not a big fan of anyone this year, minus Carter whos a better Dbrown.....weird year.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

It was their horrific HC and absence of talent around the QB.  Good HC and some basic additions at RB, WR and TE and boom. 

Fields went to a horrible situation.  Talent coming out his ears.  Calling him Josh Rosen like is just weird stuff IMO. 

FYI you are arguing with quite literally one of the worst posters on this site

Just now, CRA said:

Actually a lot of it was Lawrence. He was not good but again few rookies are. And yeah they were a dumpster fire as well. But that is not the same case with Chicago. I hate to say it but how many qbs have ever been good for Chicago? 

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/greatest-quarterbacks-in-bears-history-01e93v2hdrg1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Just say fields magically is entered in this draft. He would be the clear #1 and I was no fan of his two years ago. not a big fan of anyone this year, minus Carter whos a better Dbrown.....weird year.

I remember everyone saying he was a project. Why would that have changed. 

25 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Not necessarily. How did Lawrence do his rookie year??  Assuming anyone out the gate will immediately shine is not reality for most all. So we pick Stroud and he is middling.  Then what. And I don't think Young or Stroud will be franchise changing.  IMHO. 

So you don't think Young or Stroud will be, but you think Corral will? I don't trust your assessment of QBs if that's the case.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

FYI you are arguing with quite literally one of the worst posters on this site

Says the guy who changes his alt all the time and thinks it funny to act like a middle schooler and poo on everyone's post he doesnt like or in this case stalk me around the site. Truth is you are much closer to that title than I am. But unlike you I ignore you for the most part until you make personal attacks.

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I remember everyone saying he was a project. Why would that have changed. 

Cause hes showed some real NFL skills in real games. That is enough for me, the others are unknowns. Yea its mainly with legs, but also look at that terrible roster......I dont thinks theres a worst offense group......poor OL, whos at WRs(they traded for claypool who did nothing), got a decent TE, and RB does have the best piece in montgomery. Fields pulled some miracles.  

Edited by Basbear

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Actually a lot of it was Lawrence. He was not good but again few rookies are. And yeah they were a dumpster fire as well. But that is not the same case with Chicago. I hate to say it but how many qbs have ever been good for Chicago? 

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/greatest-quarterbacks-in-bears-history-01e93v2hdrg1

I mean, you pair a rookie QB with the worst HC in decades and give him bad talent….and he won’t play good.  Trevor didn’t.   I guess call that what you want. 

They fixed the glaring issues around an uber talent and saw immediate success.  From #1 overall pick to advancing in the playoffs in the same year.  Trevor didn’t change that much in an off-season.  

Fields went to a horrific spot year 1.  It improved some year 2 and so did he.  But still isn’t a good spot for a QB let alone a young one.  

I’d take him for a 3rd all day and twice on Sunday.    Regardless of what my QB spot was.  

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

So you don't think Young or Stroud will be, but you think Corral will? I don't trust your assessment of QBs if that's the case.

I don't think he will be great either out of the chute. I would have a vet to start and put in our younger guys as they are ready to take over. If you read my posts you would know I don't like to start rookies unless you have to or they are an exceptional talent. For example look at how well Bradberry is playing now. You remember how often he was abused as a rookie.....

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Cause hes showed some real NFL skills in real games. That is enough for me, the others are unknowns. Yea its mainly with legs, but also look at that terrible roster......I dont thinks theres a worst offense group......poor OL, whos at WRs(they traded for claypool who did nothing), got a decent TE, and RB does have the best piece in montgomery. Fields pulled some miracles.  

What kind of apples and oranges is that? Comparing a QB draft choice with a guy in the NFL.  The point is while they might think that Young or more likely Stroud  might be better, that isn't the choice. It is whether keeping Fields and a bunch of picks is better than picking Young or Stroud at 1. And that is an easy one.

• Poo 1