• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich’s description of a QB: It’s basically Corral

Wundrbread33

7 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Depends on Reich don't you think.  Corral has as much an upside as any of these QBs in 2023 draft.  You don't want to admit that because it defeats your narrative that we HAVE to have a QB in this draft.  While I concede that we probably will draft a QB, it's not going to keep Corral from competing for the starting role.   Not some Barno competition that you imply. 

You can not actually believe what you just typed can you?  In no world does he have the upside as a few of these guys. Holy smokes

at least you could use that argument with Barno due to his tools and athletic ability.  But man, you’re really reaching 

DJ already has 4 QBs in his top 13 OVERALL prospects in this draft.  And I can even get y’all to find me anyone that had Corral in the top 20 last year.

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Depends on Reich don't you think.  Corral has as much an upside as any of these QBs in 2023 draft.  You don't want to admit that because it defeats your narrative that we HAVE to have a QB in this draft.  While I concede that we probably will draft a QB, it's not going to keep Corral from competing for the starting role.   Not some Barno competition that you imply. 

Corral does in no way shape or form have as much upside as any of the top 4 QBs in this class. That is just silly.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Tyreek was like a 180 lb RB/WR Tweener and Hardy had some questionable athleticism and struggled with production/injuries as his career went on they both had other issues that brought them down than just character. 

There were definitely a ton of variables with Corral but he had issues with Talent, Size, Character (Feel lt was overblown), and NFL readiness coming from the Offense he did.  QBs with worse "Character" concerns then him have gone much earlier than he did.  While it dinged him there is no way it was a full two rounds in that QB class. People were trying to convince themselves on all the QBs that offseason.

Corral is someone who I hope Reich can spend some time developing because I like a lot of what he brings to the table, but he should never be someone we make active plans around right now. Reich had multiple chances to draft him on a Colts team that could have used some QB talent last year, he's not going to sign off on him being his QB this year. Ideally we can trade him for something good in a year or two.

The Colts were riding with Ryan.  Sam Ehlinger was already on the roster so draft a QB was not high on their list.

Ideally we can trade him for something good in a year or two.  You automatically think the rookie QB, if we draft one, is going to win the job.  Where is it written that former draft picks can't win a job in his 2nd year.  

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

WRONG

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The Colts were riding with Ryan.  Sam Ehlinger was already on the roster so draft a QB was not high on their list.

Ideally we can trade him for something good in a year or two.  You automatically think the rookie QB, if we draft one, is going to win the job.  Where is it written that former draft picks can't win a job in his 2nd year.  

Corral may not even make the team lmao. Depends on if we want to carry three QBs in the season.

This is hilarious, I didnt realize we had the worlds biggest Corral fan on the board.

Corral was a fine prospect to take a chance on in the third round, but hes small, injury prone, comes from a simple offense, doesn't have elite arm strength, can barely take a snap under center. That player does not have the upside of these guys, and the one QB thats smaller than him is a better QB in ever single facet.

To say he has the same upside is insane.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

21 minutes ago, ncfan said:

You said he has a talent and the reason he fell was off the field due to off the field issues.

I pointed out multiple players recently that it didn’t effect them and say it’s not the off the field that made him fall.

you dig up a few from 5-10 years ago that it may have.

then you go back to the talent how it doesn’t always match where they go in the draft.

So I then asked you to simply find me people that had him top 20 overall  prospect (not where they drafted).  And instead you go right to claiming I’m moving the goal post.  Instead of simply backing yourself up like I originally asked prior to that.

so who is the one moving the goal post?

Meh. There really is no point in continuing the conversation. Have a good one. 

7 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Corral may not even make the team lmao. Depends on if we want to carry three QBs in the season.

This is hilarious, I didnt realize we had the worlds biggest Corral fan on the board.

Corral was a fine prospect to take a chance on in the third round, but hes small, injury prone, comes from a simple offense, doesn't have elite arm strength, can barely take a snap under center. That player does not have the upside of these guys, and the one QB thats smaller than him is a better QB in ever single facet.

To say he has the same upside is insane.

You realize you are also projecting/making assumptions, but in the other direction right?

11 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

You realize you are also projecting/making assumptions, but in the other direction right?

How so?

Generally the one truth of the NFL Draft is Draft Capital generally matters a great deal.

I have said above that I hope Reich can develop him because I like a lot of the tools he has, but the team made their level of commitment to him under another Head Coach. Reich is going to want his guy. Corral is not going to have the appropriate time to be able to make an impact before we draft a First Rounder in all probability.  Most teams prefer to have a veteran presence behind/competing with their First Round Pick.

Corral will be at best the 3rd QB on the roster and will have the least invested in him by Reich, if Corral can prove something in the preseason we may hold onto him but more than likely with the way the NFL goes we arent going to want to hold that roster spot for a 3rd QB and he'll be cut or on the practice squad. 

These are all just basic truths of the NFL. I was pro taking Corral when we did and I hate he didnt get a fair shake because of that unfortunate major injury but he's facing a gigantic uphill battle.

If we are talking about NFL upside Richardson and Levis both have significantly better arms and are much bigger and athletic.

CJ Stroud is a much more accurate passer and much closer to being an NFL QB and has better size.

Bryce Young has elite traits everywhere but size.

All of these guys indeed have more upside than Corral.

Edited by stan786
  • Pie 3

10 hours ago, ncfan said:

Weakest in the NFL 

yes that’s a no Brainer

in any role on this team?  Corral isn’t the answer.  But the guy has some potential and very well could be a dam good backup.  An those are valuable

ask SF, Miami, Baltimore, Buffalo, Tennessee, Dallas, LA, Arizona, just to name a few teams who’s backups played meaningful games this season.

Yeah, fair enough. I mean that's his only hope, to be a useful backup. I hope for the best I'm just not to optimistic on that guy, and have grown quite sick of hoping for a guy to not be what he's looked like.

48 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Pretty sure Reich hasn't had a QB under 6'4" on any of his rosters going all the way back to Peyton Manning. He already admitted he prefers taller QB's. I I wouldn't be surprised if he'd take a shot at Hooker in the 2nd if we miss in the 1st. 

Not saying he’s my top by any means, but Tanner McKee fits the mold physically.