• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich’s description of a QB: It’s basically Corral

Wundrbread33

5 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Thanks to those who actually read my post. It clear who did and who didn’t (or who are intentionally mischaracterizing what I wrote).

There is serious salt in here over Corral. I don’t get it.

I hope no one seriously hates Corral.  I think some of us just don't want him being a factor in drafting/signing one because that is a big gamble.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I hope no one seriously hates Corral.  I think some of us just don't want him being a factor in drafting/signing one because that is a big gamble.

This 

for the same reason I wouldn’t want to bet on Barno as being our best Edge rusher for reasoning to not re sign Burns or attempt to find another DE

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Thanks to those who actually read my post. It clear who did and who didn’t (or who are intentionally mischaracterizing what I wrote).

There is serious salt in here over Corral. I don’t get it.

I don’t think it’s salt. I think it’s just being realistic. We all know Corral had talent coming out of college. 

He fell d/t a combo of injuries and reports of some mental health stuff. I don’t know where he’s at in terms of mentality. So simply pointing to his physical tools isn’t telling us much 

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Corral was considered a late first round talent and was invited to dress up and be in the green room with his fellow first round talents. Why? Because he was widely considered a first round talent and those who continue to doubt that, barring injury, will be eating crow, especially now he's got Frank Reich.

If Reich really thinks Corral has that potential then the answer is already on the roster, why invest and draft a QB in this year's draft. I'll believe it when I see it after this years draft. 

OK, Not reading the entire thread--so excuse me if this was said.

I read tea leaves.  Reich said that he likes a mobile QB etc. and then he mentioned Wentz.  He said (correctly) you need a run/option threat to keep the backside honest, etc. We needed a mature QB coach veteran, and I have no doubt that we will bring in a QB coach with expertise in a different skill set.

Fitterer said the pieces are in place, just need a QB--even if you have to move up to get him, you go get him.  He thinks the time is right.

Richardson (6-4) is the tallest QB, but I doubt we have to move up for him. He is also a project that does not help next year, IMO.

Levis (6-3) is more athletic than Wentz but 2" shorter.

Stroud (6-3) has to be the #1 target.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Schultz said:

We know next to nothing about Corral right now.  Yes, he looked awful last preseason, but caveat that with "under the stewardship of The Process."  That moron treated him as a red-shirt freshman......and he may not have been OOU.......and, if he had worked out we may have had to part company with PJ Walker, who is OOU.

Corral's chances of finding his footing in the NFL and becoming a viable starter are not great.  But, they are exponentially better under Reich than they were The Process. 

None of that means we should not be drafting somebody early (and maybe often) and looking at a cheap journeyman to fill out the QB room. 

Yeah, this isn't the time to give up on Corral.  If anyone can help him get back on track it is likely Reich.

Bring in a vet, draft a QB and coach up Corral.  Chances are we'll either have a solid long term backup QB or if the stars align, a QB controversy between TWO or even THREE capable starters!

Hey, it's early in the year, a guy can dream can't he?  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

OK, Not reading the entire thread--so excuse me if this was said.

I read tea leaves.  Reich said that he likes a mobile QB etc. and then he mentioned Wentz.  He said (correctly) you need a run/option threat to keep the backside honest, etc. We needed a mature QB coach veteran, and I have no doubt that we will bring in a QB coach with expertise in a different skill set.

Fitterer said the pieces are in place, just need a QB--even if you have to move up to get him, you go get him.  He thinks the time is right.

Richardson (6-4) is the tallest QB, but I doubt we have to move up for him. He is also a project that does not help next year, IMO.

Levis (6-3) is more athletic than Wentz but 2" shorter.

Stroud (6-3) has to be the #1 target.

If you listen to what Reich wants in a QB as he defines all of the traits, the QB prospect he is describing is actually Young. The knock on Young is that he is so small and may not tolerate the punishment, there are reports that Young is trying to put on weight to get up to 210 lbs by the combine, if he can do that he'll go #1. 

2 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

If you listen to what Reich wants in a QB as he defines all of the traits, the QB prospect he is describing is actually Young. The knock on Young is that he is so small and may not tolerate the punishment, there are reports that Young is trying to put on weight to get up to 210 lbs by the combine, if he can do that he'll go #1. 

and everyone acknowledges its fake weight.  If he gets to 210 he will not do any drills etc.  Its a fake weight to just check the box.

7 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I dont think the panthers coaching or front office think about him at all really.

In the draft confidential it was basically Tepper looming over Fitts shoulder telling him "The time is now" or whatever to make the trade for Corral. Rhule being his usual erratic hyperactivce mess yapping on the phone and Fitt just staring straight ahead like fug my life. 

• Pie 1