• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich’s description of a QB: It’s basically Corral

Wundrbread33

59 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I didnt see it to start, but it seems the future signing contract of Eason was a sign

Hate to help wilks lawsuit, but that does look like a choice was made and they are trying to get ahead...... sure they can claim he was on the team at some point, yes......but he was also cut and hadnt been on PS for weeks. hmmmm/cdn-cgi/mirage/fca5f8343d5e151eec9f086213a99e9631041342c38fd104d3f1df356d4f8a92/1280/https://media4.giphy.com/media/xTcf1gUpg87E5lNK2A/200.gif

Wilks signed Eason to a roster spot as interim HC. It could just as easily be signing a QB Wilks was familiar with.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Pretty sound assessment but draft position will always dictate who plays. Corral will be owed more money so they must see him before Eason.

Fitt, McAdoo, Tepper we're high on Corral BEFORE the draft so yet another reason we'll definitely see.

So if we draft one in the first two rounds they should play over Corral because draft position?

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So if we draft one in the first two rounds they should play over Corral because draft position?

If all things were equal yes. Corral has a year in the NFL ahead of everyone. If they did draft a QB, Corral would be his obvious competition. I'm sure he'd welcome that.

2 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

The way I look at it, you just can't bank on this kid but you definitely give him a good hard look this summer.  He's on contract so see what you've got.  

Elsewhere, Darnold has as much experience in our TBD offense as anyone available and the FA is a bit average at best.  Especially when you look past the guys I can't imagine coming here (Geno-SEA return, D Jones-NYG return, Baker, Teddy, and probably Sam)

It's pretty much Jimmy G, Heinecke, Brissett, Mike White, Dalton by process of elimination.

Unless you really think we're going after Jackson, Rodgers, or Brady, which I just highly highly doubt.

It's just gotta be a draft trade-up QB any which way you look at it.  It's like our only option with what's out there.  And honestly, draft 2 QBs.  You never know who clicks.  

1-Stroud

A Late Rounder-Haener/Tune/O'Connell

And looking at the FA crop, I'm going to be a different here; but it's what I want and think could work:

2023 QB Room:

CJ Stroud, Taylor Heinicke

Jake Haener/Matt Corral/Jacob Eason battle it out for QB3

I simply said that Corral’s game fits what Reich described in the presser. 

Not saying to bank on Corral. Particulate because of the lis franc tbh. 

A lot of people have this narrative that he doesn’t have talent because of preseason, which is just shortsighted in every way imaginable. 

Then some say his college tape doesn’t matter…so what the fug are people using to justify the upcoming rookies then? Tiktok dance videos?

I just don’t get the hatred on this forum towards Corral. It’s legit toxic. Perhaps his mere existence scares people that we won’t take QB seriously in the draft or something. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Richardson imo RIGHT NOW is not an upgrade over Corral. Corral was elite in college. So was AR. 

Corral had a 20:5 TD:INT ratio and ran for another 11 TDs with a 68% comp %. That is really quite a good stat line. The biggest issue is injuries. 

Stroud probably has a better toolset than Corral simply bc of the accuracy and size. So…moving up is basically the only option for a QB and trying to get Stroud or Young. 

Whether Reich thinks AR is a better mold than Corral is unknown. But right now AR isn’t an upgrade. 

Edited by unicar15
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Pretty sound assessment but draft position will always dictate who plays. Corral will be owed more money so they must see him before Eason.

Fitt, McAdoo, Tepper we're high on Corral BEFORE the draft so yet another reason we'll definitely see.

i doubt the current staff gives two poos about where the previous staff drafted someone.

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

i doubt the current staff gives two poos about where the previous staff drafted someone.

No, the previous GM and owner who did all their homework on a QB who both agreed to move up to get into their facility. A guy they've now known for almost a year.

As much as you may think a new coach will come in and turn everything upside down when Reich came in saying how much he couldn't wait to collaborate with Fitts and Tepper. So you're saying he's coming in to step on toes?

Lol

16 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

We know next to nothing about Corral right now.  Yes, he looked awful last preseason, but caveat that with "under the stewardship of The Process."  That moron treated him as a red-shirt freshman......and he may not have been OOU.......and, if he had worked out we may have had to part company with PJ Walker, who is OOU.

Corral's chances of finding his footing in the NFL and becoming a viable starter are not great.  But, they are exponentially better under Reich than they were The Process. 

None of that means we should not be drafting somebody early (and maybe often) and looking at a cheap journeyman to fill out the QB room. 

I'd just like to add that we have hardly even seen Corral. It's certainly not being analytical in the slightest to judge Corral based on what doesnt even amount to a full preseason game. It's ludicrous, but yet we have some people here doing that. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Corral is under contract so he will certainly be here, but his greatest weakness was processing the field due to the simplicity of what he was asked to do at Ole Miss and I highly doubt an injury season has changed that.  He certainly has desirable traits and this is not to say he can't put it together as a pro but if I'm a betting man, Corral is going to be QB3 going into 2023.

What did Josh Allen run at Wyoming? Patrick Mahomes ran the most basic offense you could possibly run in college and look at him.

If you wanted a coach who could make a guy like Corral a super star, you got him.

That said, I'm in favor of drafting Richardson. Dude is Josh Allen v 2.0.