• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich’s description of a QB: It’s basically Corral

Wundrbread33

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don't see a HC like Reich not giving Corral a fair chance.  I also don't see Fitt and the Panthers staff not drafting a high pick QB to compete with Corral.  Honestly they probably sign a vet as well.  As bad as it sounds the higher invested top pick will probably get more looks, but Reich won't ignore Corral like Rhule did.  

Depending on his take on Darnold, it might be Darnold, Corral and a rookie.   I also think it will depend on which rookie, if any, we end up with.  Young and Stroud might be #1 starting camp but Levis and Richardson probably will be 2nd or even 3rd their first year.  Kind of like what Washington did with Howell. 

20 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He measured 1 inch taller than Baker but his release is much shorter.  So if you’re  worried about that kind of stuff that’s a issue (I’m not worried about that part)

Thin yes but again, depending how you play.  
which that brings into the offense issue.  Yes teams in college all start to run more simplistic offenses.  But Corral’s success in college was read option 1 read.  That’s about as simplistic as it gets in college.  The only thing he had to read the D is what the DE did.  Whether to hand it off, throw it to the one pass read or run.  Which a majority of his runs were between the tackles.  You’re not playing like Cam while smaller than Baker in the NFL, you’re just not.  He never set and read what the secondary did and never had to go through progressions.

His release is different, snappy.  It’s quick, he can get it out fast.  But the velocity on his passes are isn’t  what everyone tries to think it is.  It’s really no different than what Grier’s was. 
Heck his Proday was one of the least impressive ones out of those guys, he was short and missed guys deep with no one in his face in spandex.

And woopdidoo that a staff that fell in love with Sam Darnolds Jets film said he was the best QB in a class that had none go in the top 15 and 1 go in the first 2 rounds in a QB thirsty NFL.

I hope he develops into a Nick Foles type guy, but people actually banking that he’ll be The guy is out of control.

The point of the clip was to highlight Rappaport’s reasons for Corral falling (not to highlight the teams feelings) He said teams passed on him due to off field concerns. He said it during the draft. He caught poo for it after the draft. 

He gave off field issues as a major reason Corral fell. That would be narrative. 

And narrative (story) dictates nearly everything in life. But that leads to philosophical conversation. 

Narrative is a big reason why Cam isn’t on a roster right now.

Narrative that Rhule turns every team around in 3 years made him the hot candidate and got him hired here. 

16 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Depending on his take on Darnold, it might be Darnold, Corral and a rookie.   I also think it will depend on which rookie, if any, we end up with.  Young and Stroud might be #1 starting camp but Levis and Richardson probably will be 2nd or even 3rd their first year.  Kind of like what Washington did with Howell. 

People are sick of Darnold, but if Reich decides to keep him, I trust him over all the angry fans on this forum. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

People are sick of Darnold, but if Reich decides to keep him, I trust him over all the angry fans on this forum. 

He played pretty well over the last couple of game and would be much less costly while you develop Corral and the rookie.  I know he's not the best option, but he has familiarity with the players and might do well with Reich.

9 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

The point of the clip was to highlight Rappaport’s reasons for Corral falling (not to highlight the teams feelings) He said teams passed on him due to off field concerns. He said it during the draft. He caught poo for it after the draft. 

He gave off field issues as a major reason Corral fell. That would be narrative. 

And narrative (story) dictates nearly everything in life. But that leads to philosophical conversation. 

Narrative is a big reason why Cam isn’t on a roster right now.

Narrative that Rhule turns every team around in 3 years made him the hot candidate and got him hired here. 

That may have caused him to fall a little further.  Like early 3rd or late 2nd to where he got picked further.

But tons and tons of players have had worse injuries and bigger off the field issues and went much much higher.

Did you all hear Fitterer?  I realize there is some liar's poker out there, but what he said makes sense--you have a good, young defense.  You have a good, young OL.  At WR, you have 4-5 decent to good WRs--Moore, Shenault, TMJ, Smith.  I think if can sign a good TE and maybe find one more WR, we could be really good now.

He said, "If there is a QB you like in this draft, considering the rest of the roster, you go get him." (paraphrasing).

To me, he will find a few free agents and re-sign some folks.

He will use the CMC trade to move up for the franchise QB.

Levis and Richardson are very talented projects--but they might need a year.  I see Stroud as their target--he has the tools Reich described--but do not discount resigning Darnold for a season and drafting Levis or Richardson. 

34 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Levis will probably get some playing time in his rookie year.  I would be surprised if he is 3rd string.  I'm not sure on Darnold either as he has no ties to Reich.  Several people on here have brought up Brissett from when he played for Reich with the Colts which would make sense.  

Richardson probably needs time to sit and learn, but if we get Brian Johnson as OC which has been rumored, he might be playing sooner than people think IMO.  Johnson is already familiar with Richardson and could run a similar system Hurts is in now to help incorporate his running ability. 

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

That may have caused him to fall a little further.  Like early 3rd or late 2nd to where he got picked further.

But tons and tons of players have had worse injuries and bigger off the field issues and went much much higher.

I don’t think you appreciate the power of a good story. 

Narrative causes players to fall or rise multiple rounds. Happens each year. Not just a few picks. 

But I’ll drop it. I don’t think we disagree much, but rather this format makes it seem so. 

If we were sitting in front of each other, having a conversation, it would be easier to communicate. 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Levis will probably get some playing time in his rookie year.  I would be surprised if he is 3rd string.  I'm not sure on Darnold either as he has no ties to Reich.  Several people on here have brought up Brissett from when he played for Reich with the Colts which would make sense.  

Richardson probably needs time to sit and learn, but if we get Brian Johnson as OC which has been rumored, he might be playing sooner than people think IMO.  Johnson is already familiar with Richardson and could run a similar system Hurts is in now to help incorporate his running ability. 

Great point.  I heard he's probably our #1 OC pick.  Getting Richardson with a coach that has already worked with him would be great.  It would almost ensure that Richardson would be our pick. 

I've been up and down on him but so many say that Richardson only needs good coaching.  Some says he's Cam 2.0 but maybe this time we actually have someone that can take advantage of his skill set instead of driving him into the ground.

• Pie 1

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

I don’t think you appreciate the power of a good story. 

Narrative causes players to fall or rise multiple rounds. Happens each year. Not just a few picks. 

But I’ll drop it. I don’t think we disagree much, but rather this format makes it seem so. 

If we were sitting in front of each other, having a conversation, it would be easier to communicate. 

The narrative totally ignores what this kid was doing in the SEC before any of us here were even paying attention. They want to discredit who he was as the top QB in the SEC in 2021. That wasn't gimmick plays, it was Corral executing those plays, lifting a rag tag middle of the pack SEC squad to unimagined success. Their best QB since Eli. He continued with a solid season the next year despite injury. He shouldn't have played in the Bowl game in hindsight.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Did you all hear Fitterer?  I realize there is some liar's poker out there, but what he said makes sense--you have a good, young defense.  You have a good, young OL.  At WR, you have 4-5 decent to good WRs--Moore, Shenault, TMJ, Smith.  I think if can sign a good TE and maybe find one more WR, we could be really good now.

He said, "If there is a QB you like in this draft, considering the rest of the roster, you go get him." (paraphrasing).

To me, he will find a few free agents and re-sign some folks.

He will use the CMC trade to move up for the franchise QB.

Levis and Richardson are very talented projects--but they might need a year.  I see Stroud as their target--he has the tools Reich described--but do not discount resigning Darnold for a season and drafting Levis or Richardson. 

But its not that easy to simply "go get them".   I really really doubt the Bears want to go all the way down to 9 and we would have to make them a kings ransom offer if they did accept.  So that leaves us in the pick 3 or 5 range.  So I would surmise if the guy that they identified is still there at 3 then they will move heaven and earth to get them.  If that player goes pick one then I hope to hell we dont trade up just to trade up and stay at 9 and see how the draft unfolds.  Someone always drops.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, ncfan said:

He was in free fall (Howell as well) and we shouldnt have traded up..

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TJKJ23xx said:

Since I can’t message you I will say this publicly. I 💩 two of your posts because I did not agree. You in turn get butt hurt and search days back to find posts of mine and do the same to two also. Basically “eye for an eye” mentality. You’re over 50 dude grow up not everyone will like your opinion. What you did was weak. Do better. 

Your shitting on people's posts constantly is weak. I could see if they said something really deserving of poo, but you don't do that, so you really can't tell me a damn thing that I'm gonna respect. You do better, and I'll "do better" as you put it. 

Edited by top dawg