• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich’s description of a QB: It’s basically Corral

Wundrbread33

5 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

OH Really!!!!  

Corral's dropped for those exact reasons.  You're so obvious it is sickening.  Just come out and say you don't like the guy for whatever reason. 

I don't think anyone here has said he's the next best thing.   I will say that with all the question marks surrounding the current crop of QBs you could fit Corral somewhere in the middle.

You sound like a kid with a toy and once the battery goes dead instead of replacing the battery you buy a whole new toy.  

Dude

Tua had a worst injury did Not fall out of the top 10

Zach Wilson had off the field issues, did Not fall out of the top 5

the Michigan Edge rusher last year had a Worse injury, didn’t fall out the top 50

Joe Mixon off the field issues, Did Not fall

Tunsil same thing

If you really honestly believe that’s the reason Corral tell where he did.  You are blind with your Corral fan boy glasses on.  With your ears covered tuning out everyone.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Your shitting on people's posts constantly is weak. I could see if they said something really deserving of poo, but you don't do that, so you really can't tell me a damn thing that I'm gonna respect. You do better, and I'll "do better" as you put it. 

If the option is there to choose and it aligns with the persons perception of said post then why can’t I choose it. Grow up bro seriously let people choose how they navigate a public forum. Tf I care about what you respect I have posted and got 💩 you think I’m gonna retaliate. You’re 56 bro you don’t have much time left to reconcile this childish things enjoy life and let that negative nonsense go. 

32 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Dude

Tua had a worst injury did Not fall out of the top 10

Zach Wilson had off the field issues, did Not fall out of the top 5

the Michigan Edge rusher last year had a Worse injury, didn’t fall out the top 50

Joe Mixon off the field issues, Did Not fall

Tunsil same thing

If you really honestly believe that’s the reason Corral tell where he did.  You are blind with your Corral fan boy glasses on.  With your ears covered tuning out everyone.

You really don’t know as much as you believe you do. 

Mentioning those players doesn’t prove what you think it proves. (Ty Hill/Greg Hardy were 1st round talents crushed by off field issues, there are numerous counter examples).

It’s far more complex/detailed than that. 

People are complicated. Players/scouts/GM’s/coach’s are people. 

Players boom/bust all the time regardless of round. 

Talent and draft position often don’t match because of this. 

People have millions of variables in their lives that end up impacting how they live and how they perform as professionals. 

It’s just not as simple as you want it to be. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Mentioning those players doesn’t prove what you think it proves. (Ty Hill/Greg Hardy were 1st round talents crushed by off field issues, there are numerous counter examples).

People have millions of variables in their lives that end up impacting how they live and how they perform as professionals. 

Find me more than 1 person outside of this fan base and SEC college fans that said he was a top 20 prospect last year. “Talent”

• Poo 1

16 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

This isn’t a response at all to my post that you quoted. 

You are simply moving the goalposts. 

How is it moving goal post.

you guys talk how good a prospect he is

some here say the best QB in the class

A few say he’s better than the QBs in this class.

then say look at the talent.  Look what he did in college.  Claiming I don’t know what I’m seeing.  But the second I ask to find someone to back it up by finding more than 1 person claiming he was a top 20 prospect last year, it’s moving the goalpost?

tell me your a fan boy with out saying “I’m a fan boy”

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

11 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

This isn’t a response at all to my post that you quoted. 

You are simply moving the goalposts. 

It's quite simple to see his direction.  GIVE ME THE 1ST ROUND QB, IDGAF ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE. 

New coaches have to evaluate every player on the roster and determine where he wants to go.  No one, not you or myself nor @ncfan, can determine what potential Reich sees on our roster.   He may love/hate Corral.  One thing for certain is he's going to give the young man every opportunity to show what he can do. 

Guys like @ncfan are like Chip Kelly.  Gut the whole damn team and do it your way.  We saw how well that worked out. 

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's quite simple to see his direction.  GIVE ME THE 1ST ROUND QB, IDGAF ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE. 

New coaches have to evaluate every player on the roster and determine where he wants to go.  No one, not you or myself nor @ncfan, can determine what potential Reich sees on our roster.   He may love/hate Corral.  One thing for certain is he's going to give the young man every opportunity to show what he can do. 

Guys like @ncfan are like Chip Kelly.  Gut the whole damn team and do it your way.  We saw how well that worked out. 

Never said gut the whole team.  If you can find my quote on that I’d love to see it.  In fact like the roster overall.  And think it’s in position to add a QB.

and he’ll get his chance the same way Barno will get his at DE.

Edited by ncfan

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Never said gut the whole team.  If you can find my quote on that I’d love to see it.  In fact like the roster overall.  And think it’s in position to add a QB.

and he’ll get his chance the same way Barno will get his at DE.

Dude, you've discounted Corral for the last 3 hours.  You don't give him a chance in hell.  You think he's garbage and the only reason you said this is because he's still, much to your dismay, is on the roster. 

14 minutes ago, ncfan said:

How is it moving goal post.

you guys talk how good a prospect he is

some here say the best QB in the class

A few say he’s better than the QBs in this class.

then say look at the talent.  Look what he did in college.  Claiming I don’t know what I’m seeing.  But the second I ask to find someone to back it up by finding more than 1 person claiming he was a top 20 prospect last year, it’s moving the goalpost?

tell me your a fan boy with out saying “I’m a fan boy”

So you quoted my post and asked me to back up what someone said in another post?

Tell me you didn’t read my post without saying you didn’t read my post. 

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Dude, you've discounted Corral for the last 3 hours.  You don't give him a chance in hell.  You think he's garbage and the only reason you said this is because he's still, much to your dismay, is on the roster. 

No 
just haven't said I’m banking on him and having him shouldn’t keep you from drafting a QB

same way Barno shouldn’t at DE.

Edited by ncfan

7 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

So you quoted my post and asked me to back up what someone said in another post?

Tell me you didn’t read my post without saying you didn’t read my post. 

You said he has a talent and the reason he fell was off the field due to off the field issues.

I pointed out multiple players recently that it didn’t effect them and say it’s not the off the field that made him fall.

you dig up a few from 5-10 years ago that it may have.

then you go back to the talent how it doesn’t always match where they go in the draft.

So I then asked you to simply find me people that had him top 20 overall  prospect (not where they drafted).  And instead you go right to claiming I’m moving the goal post.  Instead of simply backing yourself up like I originally asked prior to that.

so who is the one moving the goal post?

Edited by ncfan

40 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Tyreek was like a 180 lb RB/WR Tweener and Hardy had some questionable athleticism and struggled with production/injuries as his career went on they both had other issues that brought them down than just character. 

There were definitely a ton of variables with Corral but he had issues with Talent, Size, Character (Feel lt was overblown), and NFL readiness coming from the Offense he did.  QBs with worse "Character" concerns then him have gone much earlier than he did.  While it dinged him there is no way it was a full two rounds in that QB class. People were trying to convince themselves on all the QBs that offseason.

Corral is someone who I hope Reich can spend some time developing because I like a lot of what he brings to the table, but he should never be someone we make active plans around right now. Reich had multiple chances to draft him on a Colts team that could have used some QB talent last year, he's not going to sign off on him being his QB this year. Ideally we can trade him for something good in a year or two.

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

No 
just haven't said I’m banking on him and having him shouldn’t keep you from drafting a QB

same way Barno shouldn’t at DE.

Depends on Reich don't you think.  Corral has as much an upside as any of these QBs in 2023 draft.  You don't want to admit that because it defeats your narrative that we HAVE to have a QB in this draft.  While I concede that we probably will draft a QB, it's not going to keep Corral from competing for the starting role.   Not some Barno competition that you imply.