• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

another option than trading for the first pick...

Panfan35

14 hours ago, La Pantera said:

No one is trading for Carr. He'll be a free agent soon.

I am not sure but if Carr becomes a free agent than we aren't responsible for any of his current salary.

It's not a popular idea because we are tired of retreads but it should be noted that Reich tried on three separate occasions to get Carr to the Colts.

I wouldn't be shocked if we signed Carr after he became a free agent. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I'm not sure how long you've been watching football for but there is literally no way to determine if a player is a "franchise QB".

Guys go number one and bust, guys go in the late rounds and are HOFers.

You need to make attempts to draft your guy though and the best success rate according to actual data is to take them early.

Lol...we would better served to apply that to OL,LB,CB,TE.

I have watched long enough to know these guys arent worth throwing the farm for.

None are our guy.Get back to me when it plays out.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, chknwing said:

Reich wont attach himself to damaged goods in a "I can fix him" deal again.  Hes starting fresh.  Expect Carolina to throw the farm at Chicago for the first pick For Bryce Young.  Guessing 2023 first, 2024 first, 2023 3rd, and a player.

Hard pass on Bryce Young. If Bryce was 2 inches taller and 20lbs heavier I’d be for it. But nothing good comes from being that small in the NFL

35 minutes ago, CRA said:

He is just a lotto ticket.  Like basically all of them are.   One drafted by a horrific HC, that ran horrific offense and didn't rep him.  Him sucking in preseason doesn't mean anything to me.  I'm curious what he might look like this camp/preseason.  But he can't be counted on anything other than a lotto ticket we didn't scratch yet. 

Well I am looking forward to seeing what he does next off-season. Kid has a major uphill battle. Especially if we draft a QB. 

16 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Lol...we would better served to apply that to OL,LB,CB,TE.

I have watched long enough to know these guys arent worth throwing the farm for.

None are our guy.Get back to me when it plays out.

which OL are you taking at #9 and who are they replacing?

14 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I feel if we go into 2023 with Carr, another castoff QB, my expectations for next season will plummet. 
But a cast off QB didn’t work 3 season in row. Why NOT try a 4th. 
Panthers are the new home for unwanted QBs. 

Maybe Rhule had something to do with that. Doesn't mean Reich can't do better.