• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sell me Justin Fields vs CJ Stroud

Cam's New Arm

42 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

He struggled against several teams. Including Indiana and Northwestern. He won against them, but questions about Fields began then. He did slap Clemson around. Then struggled against the superior team in bama.

To be fair, that massive hit to Field’s  rib cage in the Clemson game probably helped that ‘struggling’ against Bama 

I have no idea how Fields got up from that hit.  Adrenaline and youth 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I would sit tight at #9 and see who fell. 

Young is the best QB in this Draft, but he's tiny so you can't bet the farm on him. 

There wasn't a franchise QB in the 2022 Draft - there might not have even been a good starter. 

If you had the top pick which QB are you taking?

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

True

I would take any of the top 4 QBs in this draft, I just wouldn't sell the farm to get him.  Reich could do wonders with any of them.   If you give everything up to get him the chances of putting quality players around him diminish quite a bit.

We have 4 picks in the top 100.   If one fell to us at #9 you have 3 more picks to fill in good young players to grow around him. 

And there were two QBs in this year's NCAA championship game that are available in this year's draft. Both could be available late second day or even the third day. Take a flier on one of them and let everyone else go crazy over a, well, lackluster and overhyped QB class.

Grab DE, TE, WR, DB, LB first. Build the team, then find the guy.

And I'm not so sure that the best QB available to us this coming season is someone who needs to be drafted.

10 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Who dismissed his film?

He's never won the big game and he play on a STACKED team with multiple first round picks at WR. It's a huge concern - beyond anything you see on film about his ability to progress through his reads and his unwillingness to scramble. 

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 2

The touch Stroud has on his passes and the anticipation he is able to throw his passes with sets him far apart from Fields as a passer.  I don't think there is a better QB in this draft that can throw the intermediate passes, particularly the out and corner routes, than Stroud. I still remember that Utah bowl game last year and the throws he made in that game were very impressive. Yes, his WRs have been elite the past 2 years, but he was still throwing dimes to his receivers and releasing the ball right as his receivers were making their cuts.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

True

I would take any of the top 4 QBs in this draft, I just wouldn't sell the farm to get him.  Reich could do wonders with any of them.   If you give everything up to get him the chances of putting quality players around him diminish quite a bit.

We have 4 picks in the top 100.   If one fell to us at #9 you have 3 more picks to fill in good young players to grow around him. 

So you would spend a top 10 pick on one of these QBs that you firmly believe aren't franchise QBs? 

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

We don't need to trade draft picks for either. We have a former NFL QB as Head Coach now, a guy who is similar to Andy Reid in what he can when given the chance to develop someone with a skillset. Someone like Matt Corral, Sam Darnold, or Anthony Richardson. 

Stop it.

You can't sell Frank as a elite coach when he just got fired because he did a awful job with his QB.

Don't sell us Andy Reid when that's not what we are getting okay?

• Flames 1